Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2012, 05:54 PM
Kobold

As an enchanter, I can technically break any exp camp in the game with lull and then use charm to pick off the mobs one at a time. If I screw up, I can pop mezzes and roots. Runes are basically a heal if used right. If the camp has casters, a 51+ enchanter using Theft of Thought can recover mana as fast or faster than a necro of equal level.
However, I find that these tactics are not as efficient for exp as a small group. It's usually better to do a duo or trio; necros, clerics, mages and monks (with a healer) all work very well in dungeons, as do druids in the outdoors.
Old 01-22-2012, 08:03 PM
Sarnak

Enchanters are a terrible class. No one wants them in groups/They are terrible and mana inefficient solo.

A message from your friendly enchanter- wanting to keep enchanter populations low
Old 01-22-2012, 08:47 PM
Fire Giant

I'm playing an enchanter and love it!

P99 - Blue
Lafael - Druid - Level 60
Garnagle - Necro - Level 57
Seductress - Enchanter - Level 52
Sweets - Bard - Level 35
Venexia - Shaman - Level 60
Wonderelf - Warrior - Level 51
Old 01-23-2012, 06:59 AM
Planar Protector

The one bad thing about a Enchanter is you have a lot to do with the group living or dying with your CC. You may be the puller also. A bad Chanter really sucks in a group. But everyone starts out as a rookie so I am not saying don't play one. You may be gifted at it like some people are with playing a Bard.

The Enchanter is a little bit harder to play now with the pet nerf and the Whril till you Hurl spell nerf.
Old 01-23-2012, 01:38 PM
Sarnak

My chanty is only level 12 but I'd say he does just fine solo. Not as good as my necro at the same level but fine nonetheless. Charm works like a treat and is very reliable but that's mybe because I twinked my charisma to 190.
http://25.media.tumblr.com/ab9521a00...4dqyo1_250.gif
Old 01-23-2012, 02:01 PM
Sarnak

Pet nerf hurt the insanely easy "Tash, Charm, Buff, lol" Enchanter soloing, but smart play and good understanding of the mechanics can really keep an enchanter soloing almost anything, in my experience.

I prefer to group because I find it more fun, and the pet nerf hurt the xp gain of the charm-lol solo style, but overall I would say that Enchanters are strong solo characters.

Keep in mind that while your pet is weak compared to Mage/Necro/Shammy, it is a damn sight better than an SK pet or no pet, and a viable source of dps. I soloed Highkeep guards for quite a while at lower levels just by buffing pet and dotting. Very safe, very stable, and great money. Just be careful going in and out and it's a stable place to get through your 20's quickly so you can get your good charm.
Old 01-23-2012, 04:02 PM
Planar Protector

The number one thing I hate about soloing on my enchanter is how long it takes hp to regen when something chews through your rune. For this reason I usually choose to duo.

However I am probably an outlier since I main a shaman that never has to worry about hp.
Old 01-24-2012, 01:53 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extunarian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The number one thing I hate about soloing on my enchanter is how long it takes hp to regen when something chews through your rune. For this reason I usually choose to duo.

However I am probably an outlier since I main a shaman that never has to worry about hp.
Troll illusion man.
Old 01-24-2012, 04:09 AM
Fire Giant

Troll illusion is not very good anymore, since they nerfed it (pretty long ago). You just have to keep refreshing rune all the time, your goal has to be to never drop below 90% hp. For exping i used reverse charming even before the pet nerf, now that the exp is slower with a pet id highly recommend that. In general you charm a good mob, buff him up with ac buff and haste, give him 2 weapons, then realease and root him. Keep him rooted, now you go charm other mobs, and send them against the rooted mob. When your "pet" is at low % you break it and finish it off with a nuke. You gain full exp, and the "rootmob" kills your pets faster than a charmed mob would. Just make sure root never breaks, refresh it during each fight. When the rootmob is low hp, get some distance and mem blur so he regens 4% hp a tick. Best is if your rootmob has mana too, the sepulcher skeletons in HS are awesome for this, so you can use theft of thought on them all the time (= almost infinite mana).

A goblin bazheghul ring is awesome for instant charm breaking. If you get used to it you can exp really fast as the rootmob deals a ton of damage with haste and 2 weapons. This works also for nameds, just debuff them before you charm them, and if you have a caster mob you can interrupt its casts with the "sit" button. My main problem was that i sometimes had to wait for the rootmob to regen hp, cause my mem blur failed. So i started mem blurring it after each fight before i go pulling, and i barely hat any downtimes anymore. I alsways did root - mem blur before i went pulling the next mob. I made 55-60 mainly like that, and it was very good exp.

If they fixed armor on pets by now you could also give the rootmob a haste mask (summoned by mages) and some neg mr armor.
Old 01-25-2012, 12:53 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I played a 85 Chanter on live until a few years ago. I am up to level 20 now with my P99 chanter and have been mainly soloing. Pretty strait forward. Paci, cast slow, then root, tash and DOT. Move in to initiate pet agro, then nuke down.

I have grouped a few times now in Unrest. It's hard to get used to a few things. First, Pet agro is old school. Pet keeps attacking even when your target is mezzed which breaks mez. (not good) On live they made chanter pets automatically stop attacking when mob is mezzed. Also, pets didnt poof when you invised. Of course, I also had Alternate Experience skills that totally gave me contol over my pet like a mage pet. I have also had problems with players who arent used to grouping and not assisting the tank breakin mezzes on adds. Which automatically come to me and start killing me.

When grouping, It's better not to summon a pet, also I started using root instead of mezz because of inexperienced players killing me by breaking mezzes.
Closed Thread