Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2018, 11:19 AM
Planar Protector

Next Crawl ( if there ever is another one ) please consider killing the gating dragons ( Vulak,Feshlak ) in their respective lairs so they don't bother trying to gate.

Clearing 6 additional Flurry guards in Vulaks room really would have not been a big deal and then the entire server could have taken the sweetest screenshot ever all surrounding Vulaks corpse in his room - alas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-25-2018, 11:49 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What were the wipes that caused it to take so long and did you kill Vulak in his room?
First major wipe during Eashen was due to people running out of the safe area we were in which trained the raid. Running around and not dying in place extended the danger of the train all throughout the hub.

Second major wipe I'm not entirely sure. Aary was going well but we somehow agroed additional mobs that started down the ramp and eventually went after casters. Low health agro caused Aary to run around the corner and AOE the clerics. Coupled with the hatchlings and general chaos from being oom we managed to get Aaryonar down but at a great cost - pretty much a total wipe. We had a hell of a time getting people rezzed back up at first but with some instruction we moved everyone into Eashen's room and got situated and were then stable from there on out.

Lord Koi`Doken and Lady Mirenilla went haywire because push caused problems with positioning (since our mobs are not rooted). This caused the AOEs to become a lot more harmful than they should've been since clerics were getting hit. It's amazing how much push a huge raid can produce unintentionally or otherwise.

The rest of the time (except for Vulak) weren't full wipes but people eating enrage, as someone pointed out. Since this was an open raid not everyone had/used agro clickies etc to tank. Everything would go well and agro was solid until that pivotal moment and a mob would turn with people still auto attacking. Perhaps people were trying to save faction, or maybe they just got caught off guard. Dunno.

"Move up" should have been made clearer as a good portion of the raid wasn't sure where to go a couple of times, so for today's raid we'll be more clear on instruction. I do want to point out that throughout this event quite a few people were AFK, so the 170-220ish numbers we got are a bit inflated. This also caused us to have some stragglers around NToV.

Vulak. Vulak Vulak Vulak..... No, we did not kill Vulak in his room. The first attempt caused a massive desync and consequent wipe. By the time we got everyone up again we would gain agro on a nearby mob and it caused a couple more wipes on the freshly rezzed. At this point we decided to just get the mob down and try to get as many corpses summoned because it was going to become quite costly to keep buffing everyone up. Plus it was late. If there is a next time I would absolutely love to kill Vulak in his room.
Old 05-25-2018, 11:57 AM
Kobold

Aadill is right. I made the call to pull Vulak to entrance because of time of day, and the general sentiment over multiple consecutive wipes with people not knowing where to stay to not pull aggro at trips. There were 42 monks there last night, and half of them (or more) were having fun doing monkly things, without being part of a p99 pull team. I don't blame them for having fun flopping around and looking at the zone, but it was after midnight, and the wipes were getting to be a bit much.

All in all a good raid. I can't speak to how it went for the first 8 hours, but in the 3 hours I was present, we got 5 dragons down? Pretty good run.

Glad those of you who hadn't gotten to experience the content were able to have fun.
Old 05-25-2018, 12:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhtar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're missing the 58 rogue from BG on this list.

Grats to all those who won loot and good luck in today's adventures. Thank you AM for coordinating all of this.
Way to call me out [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] The rules were supposed to be level 60 only and I messed that up. He had come into the raid late and didn't realize the rules and I didn't double check his level. Nonetheless he was apologetic and I appreciate that everyone throughout the raid was honest and honored the system that was put in place. An additional note I've made for today is to make sure we advertise the rules clearly during the raid so we don't have any more mishaps.

Skjor was the winner of the other Shadow Fang Necklace! I'm sure he'll get to level 60 at some point soon and if not I'll be quite embarrassed.
Old 05-25-2018, 12:08 PM
Kobold

Removed. Sounds like a 230PM EST start.
Last edited by bspa0700; 05-25-2018 at 12:10 PM.. Reason: misinformation
Old 05-25-2018, 12:10 PM
Fire Giant

I am super jelly I didn't get to stay and roll on that axe or flamberg!

Overall, well done- it takes some time getting in a groove - once you get to aary it's quite a roll

Once people know the general gist of how to do things it will get better.

Gratz all winners!!!

Xadion Von'Darkborn - Shadow Knight
Cory Von'Darkborn - Ranger
Brezner Von'Darkborn - Bard
Watermelons Siliconmelons - Corpse/Shaman

Old 05-25-2018, 12:23 PM
Planar Protector

Sounds awesome, Vulak not being killed in lair leaves an aspiration for future crawls.
Old 05-25-2018, 12:29 PM
Aviak

Was a ton of fun, thanks all!
Old 05-25-2018, 12:52 PM
Planar Protector

This was fun as hell tbh
Closed Thread