Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2019, 07:28 AM
Sarnak

Default Mangler in Rivervale

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mangler on guard duty

Mangler is a doggo in Rivervale who stands guarding his halfling companion's coin sack which is a target for a noob rogue hide/sneak quest. In the classic timeline, Mangler was aggro to all player characters regardless of class or race. He was a major pain because killing him would result in losing faction with folks in town, despite his naughty dog nature as the comments in his Web Archive Zam post will attest: https://web.archive.org/web/20020327....shtml?id=3114 . On P99, Mangler spawns as non-aggro (Amiable to a Halfling Rogue). Could he be made to spawn aggro to all like in Classic EQ?

Mangler getting buffed

While looking at Mangler biz on P99, I noticed that Mangler spawns within casting range of the druid GM Reebo Leafsway who casts Shield of Blades (L58 damage shield) and Natureskin (L57 HP/AC/regen buff) on Mangler. These buffs elevate Mangler to a higher threat than his normal L2 stature. I feel this could add a volatile new dynamic to Mangler if he were unleashed on Rivervale as aggro, just sayin'.
Old 06-12-2019, 10:01 PM
Project Manager

Fixed, pending update
Old 06-13-2019, 07:41 AM
Sarnak

While reviewing this old patch message, I found that Mangler should be spawning on a table:

https://web.archive.org/web/20030409...e.jsp?id=54707

- Mangler will no longer spawn on top of a table.

Perhaps this may help with the inconsistency.

Artelius Lightweaver 60 PAL <Auld Lang Syne>
Old 06-13-2019, 08:13 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermicelli [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mangler is a doggo in Rivervale who stands guarding his halfling companion's coin sack which is a target for a noob rogue hide/sneak quest.
Which quest is this? Sounds awesome
Old 06-13-2019, 03:44 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dildy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
While reviewing this old patch message, I found that Mangler should be spawning on a table:
Does anyone remember how he was positioned on the table?

From the angle of someone entering Kevlin's shop, if Mangler is positioned on the table, seems like he would have LOS aggro before entering the bedroom.
Old 06-13-2019, 05:04 PM
Planar Protector

http://web.archive.org/web/200211210...Rivervale.html

Quote:
Mangler 2 40 Wolf Warrior (-147,-247)
If that helps
Old 06-13-2019, 11:43 PM
Sarnak

Thanks for the extra manglin', yall [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoTriz2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Which quest is this? Sounds awesome
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=55

The quest begins with Ace Slighthand in Rivervale. I've read that you need at least Amiable faction with the rogue guild for Ace to reward you for turning in the stolen goods. It sure is a more engaging quest than run of the mill "splat bugs until you have five bug parts and bring them back to me."
Old 06-14-2019, 11:27 AM
Planar Protector

Hey guys, can you explain to me what spawning on a table means? Does that mean, can have place holders of different type? vs some mobs that spawn the same mob every time? Sorry to interfere with this technical discussion.

Also nice work vermicelli and nilbog bringing this quest to its classic state [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-14-2019, 07:18 PM
Sarnak

In this case, I take the patch message to mean that woofer literally spawned ON TOP of the table in the room at some point in classic. I could swear the first encounter I had with Mangler was in the year 2000. I was noobing around Rivervale as a freshly minted halfling druid, and I rounded the backroom corner in Kevlin's shop to get surprise pounced by Mangler. At that time, he was certainly behind the wall preventing LOS. I'd welcome anyone else to give their recollection from classic.

In light of the link describing Mangler's /location to be (-147, -247), I took these pics on P99 this afternoon. I dropped an item at the /loc, which I MS Painted an outline in red.

The view from inside the backroom

The view from the entrance to the shop

Personally, I remember encountering Mangler on classic Live EQ at his current spawn point on P99. Were he to spawn on the tabletop, he would LOS aggro anyone entering the building, so I can only imagine what THAT ruckus was like.
Closed Thread