Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2019, 10:00 AM
Kobold

Along the left wall (when facing Karnors castle) in dreadlands is a spot where a bard can fear kite. If you pull to the right spots along the wall, the mobs won't path out into the desert where all the other mobs are pathing. My bard has fear kited that area from 50 to 51.66 so far and it's pretty good. I'd imagine it would be good even earlier because most of the stuff is green now.
Old 06-24-2019, 04:43 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeXG [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cool! I'll check em out. I just liked the slow and steady aspect of a Bards fear kite. If shit hits the fan during a fear kite its pretty easy to get it back on track. If shit hits the fan during a charm, it can be a bit more of an issue. Sometimes I play on my laptop on the couch while I am with my wife or kids and am only paying a bit of attention. Other times I am in my own world and 100% of my attention is on the game. It is all situational and I just like to have my options open. Thank you for all of your replies @Wallicker
This is relaxing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mlhbFLk4Cc&t=48s

Want more mobs? Just nearby https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-gFi1P8SlQ&t=8s

Can take you to 55 easy after which some will turn green
Old 08-11-2019, 11:08 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entrery [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is relaxing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mlhbFLk4Cc&t=48s

Want more mobs? Just nearby https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-gFi1P8SlQ&t=8s

Can take you to 55 easy after which some will turn green
Just hit 55 - Goos were solid. I also did some dueing on the named giants in frontier. super chill but a bit slower.

I was thinking of checking out CS next. I also saw the per level guide had neriak third gate guards which sounded interesting.

Any suggestions for 55+ Charming or fearing for bard?
Old 08-11-2019, 12:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeXG [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just hit 55 - Goos were solid. I also did some dueing on the named giants in frontier. super chill but a bit slower.

I was thinking of checking out CS next. I also saw the per level guide had neriak third gate guards which sounded interesting.

Any suggestions for 55+ Charming or fearing for bard?
Speaking of the Per-Level Guide, I added "Good for Bards" to both the WL Tar Goo and FM named giant entries based off this thread, so that other Bards can find those spots when they click the "Bard" filter at the top.

And as a general note for everyone reading this, feel free to add "Good for *Your Class*" to any entry in the guide if you use it and it's ... well ... good for your class [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] It will really help the filter function show people places that will work for them.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 08-11-2019, 03:09 PM
Planar Protector

WL suits. Bard with charm could easily hold down 6. Possibly even all 10 depending on how much charm mana is used.
Old 08-11-2019, 06:35 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
WL suits. Bard with charm could easily hold down 6. Possibly even all 10 depending on how much charm mana is used.
I've been thinking about trying this out, just camped whenever I am in the area. Just curious, with the bard charm strat at this camp - are you charming 1 and having other wail on it and cycling through? or are you charming 1 and having it fight a 2nd and swapping back and forth?
Old 08-11-2019, 06:57 PM
Fire Giant

Charm one, send it on the other, dot dot dot, charm the other, repeat til dead. Selo's song of travel or ghazi ring to break when necessary. Mixing in bracer DS is valuable as well, as the suits are pretty beefy. You should able to hold down all 10, but you will likely oom and need to med up. Watch out on track for random corrupted mobs, and the roaming Priest giant, unless your Kael factioned.
Old 08-12-2019, 09:03 AM
Sarnak

Bloodgills in LoIO
Old 08-12-2019, 11:16 AM
Sarnak

Thank you for the suggestions and tips
Closed Thread