Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 06-05-2019, 03:11 PM
Large Bat

Default crashing and no full screen

Im wondering if anyone knows how to fix the problems I have been having since I started playing the last couple of months I've been dealing with it for the love of the game but would really live to improve the experience.

1) full screen wont work for me I put it on full screen but seems like doing just about anything makes it go back to window mode. Like I said its not a deal breaker but I would enjoy playing in full screen mode giving myself more room and view. Not sure what is causing it...

2) Been having the issues of crashing during zones and camping. sometimes everything works fine I zone threw in seconds or I can camp change chars and go about my playing. But sometimes the zone will freeze me and make me reload the game putting me on the other side of the zone. camping is like a 80% chance that its going to crash out and I have to reload to switch chars.

if anyone can give me some tips that could help or tell me anything as to why this is happening would be greatly appreciated! thanks!
Old 06-06-2019, 03:14 AM
Sarnak

Don't know about the full screen issue, but for the crashing issue, this may help...

Are you running windows? If so, try the following:
1) If the game is running, exit the game.
2) In your Everquest folder, find eqgame.exe and right click it and select Properties (if you have hide known extensions set, then just eqgame will show).
3) Left click the Compatibility tab.
4) Check "Run this program in compatibility mode for:"
5) In the dropdown list select "Windows XP (Service Pack 3)".
6) Check "Run this program as an administrator
7) Left click "OK"
8) Try running the game

This worked on my Windows 7 computer and Windows 8.1 laptop when I was having crashing issues while zoning. If it still doesn't work, maybe try another windows version in the compatibility dropdown list in step 5.
Old 06-07-2019, 02:46 PM
Large Bat

Well I did all this and from what I can tell with a 10 min quick test (zoning twice and camping) No issues. It also is letting me stay in window mode with out popping out... Letting me click, cast, type, fight etc. So seems like this has fixed both my issues will be playing more soon and will give it a few hours at least to see.

Thank you very much!