Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2019, 07:11 PM
Skeleton

Default The Legend of High Keep, Continues

My experience at High Keep was stuck in my mind and my soul. Without a doubt, the most interesting tale to tell. If it were a dream, I would have been less shaken, less disturbed. I was so struck by the raw, gritty, and harrowing event, I couldn't let it go. The forces beckoned me back. During the night, I heard the voices: "Your mission Ching, has yet to be completed." Was HE calling to me again? What more could I give? What more would I see? I had to pack my bags and leave the safety of my rather small and stark dwelling and go back. Go back to the place, the place hidden in the mountains of Norrath: High Keep.

When I made it back into what I refer to as "The Palace of Reckoning," I immediately searched for HIM. I was looking for the Erudite who cast FIRE from the sky. Who else would have the power to bring me back here. I arrived in the city, and found it strangely peaceful. HE was right. The evil was in the shadows. I couldn't see it, but I could sense it. I surely must have learned that from HIM. Although I was very nervous, it was a matter of minutes before I boldly went beneath the city to find the cause I fought so hard for just days before: a goblin plague. Before I made it halfway down, I heard the voice. It told this little adventurer, to join and fight. With a renewed since of power and righteousness, I joined the small circle of protectors and we waged war.

I was too caught up the battle to see what was going on around me, but the voice of a stronger nature called to me. Watching me fight, and cheering with every cast and defeated goblin. I'm sure it was HIM, but in a different form. But why? Why has he chosen a different messenger for me. It wasn't the time to ask, nor did he have the patience to answer me. He joined us as a leader once more. This time with the power of chants, he easily defeated all the foes who dared to get near to our circle. It was beyond glorious.

We fought for some time, and the question kept poking me. It wouldn't leave. Why was he here? Before I could begin to utter the words, he turned around. With one powerful mace in his right hand, and a gleaming sword in the his left HE spoke to me. "I will hold this spot as long as I can, and...", he said. Before he could finish, I saw him appear. He was slightly different than before, but I knew. We all knew, he had returned. The "Moleman" was in front of me. His eyes were like coal, and his face was white as snow. I wasn't fearful, but I felt the powerful force around me. HE felt it too, and he ended his battle with the goblins to confront the evil he had fought once before. I can't begin to tell you everything that was said, but this adventurer could see the glares that would destroy any mortal. HE pointed to the gnome, and beckoned him over. What would HE do? Our fights stopped to witness what we thought would be the final battle. In HIS current form, HE was even more powerful than before. Surely this gnome would feel the wrath. To everyone's amazement, he was given a choice. A simple choice to us less powerful adventurers. Good or evil? the "Moleman" made a gesture, and as he did the winds picked up and the lightening struck. It was a sign. I wanted to run away, but HIS presence kept me in place.

Before I had the chance to turn my head away, HE whispered to me, "Righteousness has prevailed, my friend. Key must be to communicate..." He didn't finish before the gnome walked closer to us all, and bowed. We all understood what that meant even though we weren't able to phathom the true force at work. HE bowed back and with one stroke of the might mace, gave the power to the gnome. No longer the "Moleman." No longer the outast. No longer looking at justice and piety from the outside. He was now made leader to continue the fight to save the city. It was at this point, I knew my fortune and future has changed. It was time to move on. With one powerful "knock" from the gnome, HE was gone. I was gone too. with a simple farewell, I ran and never looked back. Unsure if HE would ever be in High Keep again, and unsure if evil would come from behind the shadows. But let it be known, The Legend of High Keep will always live on. A little is in each of us. Bless us all.
Old 06-14-2019, 06:52 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Hahaha, you write be a EverQuest lore writer.
Old 06-14-2019, 06:56 PM
Skeleton

I wish it was just a dream. I really do.
Old 06-14-2019, 11:45 PM
Planar Protector

Drugs?” Or?
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 06-15-2019, 01:21 AM
Planar Protector

Try posting something I'll read next time, 1 star.