Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2019, 07:32 PM
Kobold

Smile Necro Solo Kaesora 36+

Start Level: 36
Target Mobs: All Undead

Description: Before you go inside killing I very much suggest you bind right outside the zone. Getting back to the ent of the dungeon is not fantastic. I have gated so many times and it has saved my life and exp.

Look at the map below right when you get inside you will follow the red line to "A" on the map which is your rest location. There are spiders behind you so I would rest or kill things right at the start of the incline of the ramp. NOTE there is a roaming mob its always a warden its important to root rot this guy right out the gate. If you try and melee him down he will heal him self and it is very annoying to deal with. Make sure he is dead before you make your camp. Once that roamer is dead you can rest in this spot. Start a timer to make sure you know when the roamer pops again 18 min. Now you have 3 options. . .

Charm killing, Root rotting, fear kiting.
When I first got here I found that Charming undead was a waste of my time. I found my self wasting my mana and health trying to keep charm up. This is what I did. . .

I root rotted the first 3 mobs, since the timer on the dungeon is 18 min it will give you breathing room to kill the rest of the hall way. Just lull the next room which has 2 mobs in it then pull 1 to the ramp and root rot him. You will not have alot of room to run around because you have spiders behind you so just make sure to reapply root alot. Its a cheap spell so not big loss.

Once you have the first room dead I got my self to full hp / mana and moved down the hall to the next group of mobs. Lulled them pulled with your snare and got them back to the first room which i just fear kited them with my pet. It was good and easy exp. Once i was getting close to respawn of my roamer I would back up to the ramp to my original "A" position.

I doubt you will be able to clear the whole hall in 18 min so just make sure you know when the roamer is going to spawn so you are ready.

If you have any questions let me know.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by SewingMachine; 02-19-2019 at 07:34 PM..
Old 02-20-2019, 01:54 PM
Planar Protector

Charming is never a waste. If you're having trouble with it holding, then you're just too low for the mobs involved. 36 seems really low for Kaesora charming, I'd recommend attempting to charm there at more like 39ish. Unrest basement is where it's at for mid 30s necro charming or the Servant's of Sythrax in FoB.
Last edited by Crede; 02-20-2019 at 01:56 PM..
Old 02-21-2019, 12:47 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Charming is never a waste. If you're having trouble with it holding, then you're just too low for the mobs involved. 36 seems really low for Kaesora charming, I'd recommend attempting to charm there at more like 39ish. Unrest basement is where it's at for mid 30s necro charming or the Servant's of Sythrax in FoB.
I hear about how good charming is but i have problem finding spots. What is a good level difference to charm stuff? These guys are from 29-35 ish. I am really not a charm master. So should i be aiming for like 5 lvl difference from me ? so if i am 37 i should find some 32 lvl mobs to charm ? Looking for input to improve my exp gain.
Old 02-21-2019, 12:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by SewingMachine [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I hear about how good charming is but i have problem finding spots. What is a good level difference to charm stuff? These guys are from 29-35 ish. I am really not a charm master. So should i be aiming for like 5 lvl difference from me ? so if i am 37 i should find some 32 lvl mobs to charm ? Looking for input to improve my exp gain.
A good rule of thumb for solo charming is to find mobs roughly 75% of your level, aka low blues. This is a bit different for enchanters who have tash & CHA to help with duration. But for a necro solo charm, level difference is really all you have. Keep in mind, the level range of blues gets bigger as you level up. If you're 37, you should be finding lvl 27-30 mobs(low blues) to be charming. This is why I recommended FoB servants or Unrest basement. Both cap at roughly level 30.

Learn the zone & level range, try to stick to the 75% rule, and you'll have much better success with charming. Obviously this will change a bit if you group up with someone who has tash/malo, or giving the mob -MR items if you plan to keep the pet for awhile. But for strictly solo xp charming, you want to keep this mindset.
Old 02-21-2019, 04:03 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A good rule of thumb for solo charming is to find mobs roughly 75% of your level, aka low blues. This is a bit different for enchanters who have tash & CHA to help with duration. But for a necro solo charm, level difference is really all you have. Keep in mind, the level range of blues gets bigger as you level up. If you're 37, you should be finding lvl 27-30 mobs(low blues) to be charming. This is why I recommended FoB servants or Unrest basement. Both cap at roughly level 30.

Learn the zone & level range, try to stick to the 75% rule, and you'll have much better success with charming. Obviously this will change a bit if you group up with someone who has tash/malo, or giving the mob -MR items if you plan to keep the pet for awhile. But for strictly solo xp charming, you want to keep this mindset.
Thank you for this reply, as i learned alot in this dungeon i will come back when i am more level appropriate and try charming again.
Old 02-21-2019, 05:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by SewingMachine [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thank you for this reply, as i learned alot in this dungeon i will come back when i am more level appropriate and try charming again.
Ideal charming route starting at 37 would be:

Unrest/FoB > Kaesora > Lguk > HS/Hole(If you're feeling adventurous) > Lvl 60.
Old 03-14-2019, 02:59 PM
Sarnak

Kaesora charming around the top of towers, library, and outside church is awesome and fast xp from 39-45. If you find another necro or an enchanter to duo with, this will be some of the fastest xp in the game.

For duoing, bring torches to get your pet to dw and keep Augment Death on your pet. 2 hasted and DW pets should will tear through things, you can kill each other's pets with pet when you need to break for low hp saving even more mana, and if you are both paying attention you can mez each other's pets on breaks.
Old 03-14-2019, 03:05 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Ideal charming route starting at 37 would be:

Unrest/FoB > Kaesora > Lguk > HS/Hole(If you're feeling adventurous) > Lvl 60.
Also try ToFS library as alternative to Kaesora, CoM instead of LGuk/Hole, KC Basement as well. Last 2 are best duo with another necro.
Old 03-27-2019, 09:36 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

The warders: do they not heal themselves if you root/rot? These guys are the biggest pain in here.
Old 06-19-2019, 08:51 AM
Kobold

Yea, the healers are a huge PITA. I found the best place to charm/solo for a necro was down near Xalgoz. There are a lot less healers here, but it's also higher lvl.
Closed Thread