Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2019, 08:00 PM
Planar Protector

Default What level can you click thurg / velious enchanter gear?

Curious what / if any level requirements there are for using the click effects of various pieces of enchanter quest gear from thurg / SS / kael, and for the robes specifically. Does it vary by piece, does it vary by where it comes from, or is it uniform across the board? The reason I ask is when looking at the wiki, no level requirements are listed for the SS / Thurg robe to use the click effect, but the kael robe says level 50 min required to click.

Kael: https://wiki.project1999.com/Dazzling_Robe
SS: https://wiki.project1999.com/Illusionist%27s_Robe
Thurg: https://wiki.project1999.com/Beguiler%27s_Robe

Also, while the kael quest armor says level 50 is required for the clickies of every piece and thurg shows no level requirements for any piece, there seems to be inconsistencies within the skyshrine quest armor. The robe and wristguard show no level requirements, but the legs and boots say there is a level 50 requirement to use the click effect.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Illusionist%27s_Armor

I'm looking to get some of this stuff for my lowbie enchanter, and the robe specifically seems like the clicky would be super useful leveling up, but obviously I don't want to put a lot of plat into an item that I wouldn't be able to get the effect until level 50. I am wondering, based off of others experiences using these pieces, is the wiki accurate regarding all of these items? Any and all information people have on this stuff would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Old 04-30-2019, 09:56 PM
Fire Giant

I want to say level 1, but someone else will need to confirm.
Old 04-30-2019, 10:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bristlebaner [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I want to say level 1, but someone else will need to confirm.
This.

But what I can confirm is practically-speaking you need to get your toon at least a few levels, just because it's very difficult to faction up a level 1 (far more difficult than just getting a few early levels).

Heck, even just getting a level 1 to Skyshrine is quite a challenge: unless you're an Ogre you need invis to get through Kael, and I don't think many (any?) classes get invis at level 1.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 04-30-2019, 10:55 PM
Planar Protector

Oh I didn't mean a level one by lowbie, my chanter is 17 and already has sufficient faction with thurg and skyshrine. My understanding before reading wiki was that there were no level restriction on any of the click effects, but wiki lists 2 skyshrine pieces as level 50 and all kael pieces as level 50, so just trying to understand if those are inaccurate and if anyone who has the thurg pieces can confirm being able to click at lower levels.

Also, for those who have gotten robe / legs at low levels for the click effects, how helpful have you found them to be?
Old 05-01-2019, 04:03 AM
Sarnak

wOw clicky clarity on pants might actually be worth it if you get them before lvl 29 hahah

Gabronth
15 Human Paladin
Old 05-01-2019, 07:20 AM
Banned

Grouped with a cleric who had thurg pants group heal at a low lvl it was very OP
Old 05-01-2019, 12:27 PM
Fire Giant

I got chanter legs at level 8. Clock worked but clarity only gave 2 per tick and scaled upwards as I leveled.

I would guess it works from level 1 but might be 5 I can’t confirm. Can only confirm lvl 8. Wiki is incorrect where it states level 50 or 46. It should be the same for all “Velious armor sets”

You need to be level 5 to enter Kael Drakkal on p99
Old 05-01-2019, 04:59 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by commongood [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I got chanter legs at level 8. Clock worked but clarity only gave 2 per tick and scaled upwards as I leveled.

I would guess it works from level 1 but might be 5 I can’t confirm. Can only confirm lvl 8. Wiki is incorrect where it states level 50 or 46. It should be the same for all “Velious armor sets”

You need to be level 5 to enter Kael Drakkal on p99
Which 'chanter legs?
Old 05-02-2019, 12:31 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1asdfasdf1 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Which 'chanter legs?
Thurg legs. “Beguiler’s Trousers”
Old 05-06-2019, 09:59 AM
Aviak

I tried to faction my cleric in WL at level 1 but couldn't zone into Kael until level 5. I did the thurg plate mq at level 5. Best I can do to help.
Closed Thread