Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2019, 05:15 PM
Banned

You asked a generic question about camps and cash. Loramin answers with a link to a wiki page that blankets your entire question. You then proceed to snip at him.. What were you hoping for? Camp suggestions NOT included in the treasure hunting guide? Ask that question specifically then.

Somebody name and shame this chump.
Old 06-07-2019, 05:23 PM
Fire Giant

As momma always used to say.....................................

Haters gonna hate

Gaters gonna gate
Old 06-07-2019, 05:39 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicjoose [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As momma always used to say.....................................

Haters gonna hate

Gaters gonna gate
hahaha Gaters gonna gate... killed me lol! - very nice!
Old 06-07-2019, 10:10 PM
Banned

They don’t wanna give you the good shit bro, you gotta think bigger or find a niche! You got strings? If so you can solo Lodizal and make big buccaroos or you can solo in SG for money or BM/BM/lower dogs in velks, can kill ayilish in WW and sell +6 neck LR, could camp halfling mask in chardok if ya are factioned and sell LR, hell highpass hold idol camp + bags + scalps is easy 750-1k an hour. Could farm in PoM, farm dragon tooth chokers if you can solo the spy, go after ticket items solo/duo is the way to go! This is shit right off the top my head no one is gonna tell you their best spots though. If you want fast plat make a bard or ench shamans kill slow so you need to kill shit most others can’t solo.
Old 06-08-2019, 07:04 PM
Planar Protector

You are much better off accepting that aside from tunnelquesting you will probably just make around 250 to 500p per hour playing the game in a normal way (grouping in Seb/HS/Velks, killing guards for fine steel etc.) and realize that hording mass amounts of plat just takes time more than anything.
Old 06-08-2019, 08:26 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfcell [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I suppose I should have said "I have already read the guide many many times, and was hoping for some actual answers from real people a little more oriented to long time players. Thank you for the suggestion though."

I just find you, specifically, super annoying, so I was kind of a dick. I am not sorry, to just link the most basic page on the wiki like you were a hero is super douchy, but to anyone else I would have been far more diplomatic.
I sympathize with you completely, and I am shocked more people are not coming to your defense.

Posting a one line link to a wiki page over and over in response to a class of thread is obviously unhelpful, regardless of his intentions. Should we just link the Loraen's Enchanter guide to every enchanter who asks a question and nothing else? But I genuinely think he just wants to help everyone, so among most people he gets a pass.

If he is truly so tired of the question of "where the best places are to make plat?", he should stop replying to those threads instead of giving a lazy answer.

I am prepared to get flamed by everyone else. Thanks.
Old 06-08-2019, 11:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lysander [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Posting a one line link to a wiki page over and over in response to a class of thread is obviously unhelpful, regardless of his intentions. Should we just link the Loraen's Enchanter guide to every enchanter who asks a question and nothing else? But I genuinely think he just wants to help everyone, so among most people he gets a pass.

If he is truly so tired of the question of "where the best places are to make plat?", he should stop replying to those threads instead of giving a lazy answer.

I am prepared to get flamed by everyone else. Thanks.
I'm not trying to "flame you", but to me it seems you have an odd way of looking at the situation.

How is posting a link that is (at least arguably) the best answer "obviously unhelpful"? If some new Enchanter player asks how to do crowd control, Loraen's Guide probably has the best explanation. I mean, as a non-Enchanter I can't speak to the quality of that specific guide, but in general people put thought and effort into guides. If a guide covers a topic, then pointing people to that guide likely means pointing them to the best possible resource for what they want to learn.

Think of it this way: how is reading responses from a bunch of people in a forum (responses that repeat what's on a wiki page), any better than just going and looking at the actual wiki page? Especially since the wiki page has over a hundred spots, and any given forum thread won't get more than 20-30?

Of course, the guide doesn't have every possible spot, but as I said before many, many people have asked this same question over the years. Each time it's been asked, people have suggested places, and those suggestions have gone into the wiki page. It's not just me that adds to it: check the history of the treasure guide and you'll see many have added to it over the years. As a result it truly does have more answers to the question than any other source.

So when I post a link to the guide I'm certainly not telling anyone else in these threads "don't post new ideas". I'm just saying, here's a link: it's got the best answer to your question ...

... oh, and for the OP I'm also saying that if you think you're too special to earn plat at the same places as other people do, well then you better be special enough to find new places on your own, because it's not like forum-goers are going to magically reward you with a thread full of never-before-seen places.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 06-08-2019 at 11:59 PM..
Old 06-09-2019, 10:52 AM
Sarnak

I think the point is more - and this isnt a criticism of you Loramin - that the Treasure Hunting Guide is good for newer people, but most of the spots there are pretty commonly known, and are thus typically going to be camped. The spots for 51-60 are essentially just go to Seb, SolB, LGuk etc and camp the items there.

The best (either rarely camped or better plat) spots will be guarded knowledge because people are inherently greedy. If more people contributed to the guide it would be a comprehensive resource that could be used as a catch-all for these questions.

Right now it's essentially telling a max-level Torpor-geared Shaman to go to LGuk or farm guards for FS.

(And again, not a criticism of you.)
Last edited by Quinas; 06-09-2019 at 10:55 AM..
Old 06-09-2019, 11:22 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think the point is more - and this isnt a criticism of you Loramin - that the Treasure Hunting Guide is good for newer people, but most of the spots there are pretty commonly known, and are thus typically going to be camped. The spots for 51-60 are essentially just go to Seb, SolB, LGuk etc and camp the items there.

The best (either rarely camped or better plat) spots will be guarded knowledge because people are inherently greedy. If more people contributed to the guide it would be a comprehensive resource that could be used as a catch-all for these questions.

Right now it's essentially telling a max-level Torpor-geared Shaman to go to LGuk or farm guards for FS.

(And again, not a criticism of you.)
No offense taken, and you're 100% correct, but here's the thing: if people aren't going to share their favorite level 60 Torpor-equipped Shaman treasure locations on the Treasure Hunting Guide, they're not going to share them in the forum either. In fact, as I said before most of the locations in the treasure guide originally came from the forums. This means that if a place isn't in the guide, it could just be that no one has bothered to add it from a forum post yet ... but it's more likely it's not there because no one ever made a forum post in the first place.

As I said to the OP, if you don't want to hunt at the same places as everyone else, that's perfectly fine, but don't expect to magically get a bunch of new suggestions that aren't in the guide just because you're person #223 to ask this question: people won't post them because they want to keep them secret, not because they want to tell complete strangers on the forum but just have been waiting this whole time for you to come and ask.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 06-09-2019, 11:33 AM
Planar Protector

P.S. I don't think this is really fair/accurate:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The guide has: Siren's Grotto, OT Cliff Golems, Howling Stones, Sol B, Lower Guk, Sebilis, and Kedge (with multiple camps for most of those zones). All of those places have potential for several k item drops that a Torpor shaman can solo, and many of them have several different possible camps (caveat: I've never done the SG one myself; guess I need to try it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]). Oh, and it also lists cash camps like the Othmir, NG in Seb, EF Ice Giants, or panthers in WL ... for Shaman that don't like spending time in the tunnel.

In terms of making max plat/hour, Crypt in Seb or a doing good named camp somewhere like HS is probably the most plat, or at least close, that a Torpor Shaman can make without joining a farm crew or selling MQs.

So while (as a Torpor Shaman myself) I know there are more places a Torpor Shaman can make plat, the guide is far from useless even to them. Take a look, it might surprise you.

Last edited by loramin; 06-09-2019 at 11:55 AM..
Closed Thread