Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2019, 09:48 AM
Planar Protector

Default Druid Strats?

I made the title of this thread open ended in case I have some other questions, I am playing a druid for the first time and its a very fun class but I hit a lot of brick walls with my strategies sometimes and I'm sure an obvious solution is just out of my grasp.

First question I have, is does anyone know how to kill this thing as a druid other than being way higher level than it and meleeing it?

https://wiki.project1999.com/CWG_Model_EXG

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-12-2019, 10:20 AM
Planar Protector

Get a monk and make him do the damage

(Those clockwork gnomes are really annoying to fight against if youre a caster)
Old 06-12-2019, 10:28 AM
Planar Protector

Druiding is simple.

Want to be active? Charm animals
Want to be lazy? Quad
Want to feel desired in a group? Wait until 55 for Chardok dogs

Congrats on having the easiest road to 60
Old 06-12-2019, 11:05 AM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-12-2019, 11:31 AM
Planar Protector

There are seven different druid guides in the wiki: http://wiki.project1999.com/Players:Adventure.

Have you seen them yet? They probably have a lot of strategy suggestions that can help.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 06-12-2019, 11:37 AM
Planar Protector

The gnomes you mentioned in particular are just magic immune so you wont be able to kill them with spells
Old 06-12-2019, 11:49 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legidias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The gnomes you mentioned in particular are just magic immune so you wont be able to kill them with spells
Yeah that's what Im wondering if there is a good way to kill it, what would be that way? In what way could a druid wrap his left arm up over his head, while standing on one foot, and mumbling an incantation, while blinking in repetition, could a druid pull of killing this thing without just being absurdly higher level than it or with the aid of another person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There are seven different druid guides in the wiki: http://wiki.project1999.com/Players:Adventure.

Have you seen them yet? They probably have a lot of strategy suggestions that can help.
I'm talking specifics, I don't think any of them have a strat against this spefic mob, or how to get around that it is immune to (most?) magic, I could not figure out what spell would land on her last time I engaged.

These strat guides are for mortal men, I request the knowledge of the gods.
Old 06-12-2019, 12:02 PM
Kobold

One way might be to put on as much AC and HP as you can and try to kill with double damage shield. Your own DS plus Kilva's Skin of Flame. Get into a nice corner to mitigate some of the push (silly non ogre druids) and spam heal yourself. If the mob will flee, consider rooting one of his buddies nearby, so that he doesn't run at low health. No idea if you will survive the encounter.

Keeping Ice of Velious off the streets of Norrath
Old 06-12-2019, 12:26 PM
Planar Protector

What level are you? The EXG is fairly common if exping there mid/high 30’s to 45). I’d grab a monk or any melee and have fun.

If you are 50+ just keep killing the roaming PH when it gets up the stairs (near the gobs). Eventually you will get the EXG and solo this way (without the knockback bots). When it runs it likely will go the goblin path and those won’t aggro. Potion DS stacking with yours would as previously mentioned be ideal.

Yea, you found one of the few kryptonite mobs to a caster in the game. Pretty sure even lifetaps don’t land. I loved that camp with my pally but skipped it with my sham (even with a pet) for that reason. Plus the two double-spawns are a chore if killing along with the EXG or PH.

Ps: if Exp’ing personally I’d kill the roamer/exg in the method above. Take the two static spawns, the one around the corner prior to the bridge, the gnome miner and stop. You can keep going but after that (after the second little bridge) there is a two-spawn of gnomes which can spawn as mages or clerics. After that the castle guards are higher level and I can’t recall if they can be pulled as a pair. If so that’s your last duo-pull that I remember and they see through invis. Gabbie’s room has 3 npcs as does the vendor dudes room to the left. If she’s up she nukes pretty hard.

You can roam the castle and murder but should def be geared to the teeth. Without any formal way to CC or slow its easy to get overwhelmed. Loading an evac isn’t a bad idea
Last edited by Snaggles; 06-12-2019 at 12:37 PM..
Old 06-12-2019, 01:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea, you found one of the few kryptonite mobs to a caster in the game. Pretty sure even lifetaps don’t land. I loved that camp with my pally but skipped it with my sham (even with a pet) for that reason. Plus the two double-spawns are a chore if killing along with the EXG or PH.
Yeah its cool, I wasn't aware this mob was MR resistant, its interesting cus his drop is like, ideal for a priest, but its like they.... wanted us to rely on other classes to get gear for our own haha

I admire it, but its exactly the type of thing Id like to figure out how to beat.

Duane, double damage shield seems like probubly the best way, I am not yet at a level to melee this, but I will xp here and let you guys know if I could melee it down solo with classic gear for xp and loot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ps: if Exp’ing personally I’d kill the roamer/exg in the method above. Take the two static spawns, the one around the corner prior to the bridge, the gnome miner and stop. You can keep going but after that (after the second little bridge) there is a two-spawn of gnomes which can spawn as mages or clerics. After that the castle guards are higher level and I can’t recall if they can be pulled as a pair. If so that’s your last duo-pull that I remember and they see through invis. Gabbie’s room has 3 npcs as does the vendor dudes room to the left. If she’s up she nukes pretty hard.

You can roam the castle and murder but should def be geared to the teeth. Without any formal way to CC or slow its easy to get overwhelmed. Loading an evac isn’t a bad idea
Also, this is very helpful! Loramin take note, start adding spawn numbers positions agro radius, level recs to single pull a 2 spawn etc to your guides and then they will be be beyond our mortal coil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Jibartik; 06-12-2019 at 01:19 PM..
Closed Thread