Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 12-08-2015, 09:05 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default output

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisteso [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Run it using a terminal, copy/pate output to forum using a pastebin link
This was my output:

Code:
usr@computer:$ wine eqgame.exe patchme
fixme:toolhelp:CreateToolhelp32Snapshot Unimplemented: heap list snapshot
fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x33ebd8,0x00000000), stub!
fixme:d3d:wined3d_check_device_format_conversion wined3d 0x140e20, adapter_idx 0, device_type WINED3D_DEVICE_TYPE_HAL, src_format WINED3DFMT_B8G8R8X8_UNORM, dst_format WINED3DFMT_B8G8R8X8_UNORM stub!
fixme:d3d:wined3d_check_device_format_conversion wined3d 0x140e20, adapter_idx 0, device_type WINED3D_DEVICE_TYPE_HAL, src_format WINED3DFMT_B5G6R5_UNORM, dst_format WINED3DFMT_B5G6R5_UNORM stub!
fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x33eed8,0x00000000), stub!
err:x11settings:X11DRV_ChangeDisplaySettingsEx No matching mode found 1280x720x32 @0! (XRandR 1.2)
err:x11settings:X11DRV_ChangeDisplaySettingsEx No matching mode found 1280x720x32 @0! (XRandR 1.2)
wine: Unhandled page fault on read access to 0xfffffffc at address 0xf1f0ce (thread 0009), starting debugger...
err:module:import_dll Library dbghelp.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\windows\\system32\\winedbg.exe") not found
err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"C:\\windows\\system32\\winedbg.exe" failed, status c0000135
Quote:
Originally Posted by krakmojo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And or can we get a Screenshot?
It sounds like its not even starting the EQw.exe in WINE.

Check to make sure you are running a 32bit instance of wine by Going to Configure and check the wine version. You might have to hit the "+" button to get the full listing and or to install a diff version to test.

Also, I'm the dude who wrote the TAKP wiki thing, so if you have comments or suggestions I welcome them via PM.
Hi, what is the TAKP wiki? I haven't seen that yet... Also, I have attached a screenshot of my terminal output (same as I have in the quote above) and my wine version (which appears to be 32 bit as well).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanol [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm sure there's a simple solution to this, but I've found that running the EQ executable from any kind of shortcut or terminal prompt results in the error Boolean described.

My fix for this that has always worked is to target the executable directly from the folder where EQ is installed in the dosdevices/C:/ProgramFiles/Sony area. When run from inside the folder with all the gamefiles EQ seems to work fine.

Also, consider using Q4Wine if PlayonLinux is giving hassle. It's my go-to Wine GUI for running Windows executables.

Ubuntu 12.04 here, I know i'm way behind the times but it's so stable for everything I use it for I don't wanna mess with it =p
I've tried the direct execution method but that causes the same error. I don't know if PlayOnLinux is causing the error but I'm not suspecting it. I've used it for SC2 and it works fine.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wine_eq.jpg (20.2 KB, 4 views)
Last edited by Boolean; 12-08-2015 at 09:16 PM.. Reason: more information and screenshot
Old 12-08-2015, 11:35 PM
Large Bat

I'm working to re-create the error, might take me till tomorrow to really have time to sit down and work on it though. I will check in as soon as I get something.
Old 12-09-2015, 04:14 PM
Large Bat

I was running into different errors, but I think the following got mine to work.
In the EQClient.ini I set the following.

VertexShaders=FALSE
VideoMode=4 and
WindowedModeXOffset=0
WindowedModeYOffset=0
WindowedMode=TRUE

The other things I can think of is to check your drivers and use Non-Free (Still free but not open source)
and or maybe go to Configuration==>Display and maybe hard code it for OpenGL?
Old 12-09-2015, 09:56 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Thanks krakmojo, the changes to the ini file appears to have worked. I'll post again here if I notice anything out of the ordinary while playing.
Old 12-09-2015, 11:14 PM
Large Bat

Good times.

I'm personally getting told that my Spells file is outdated, yet I am running the latest version that I can download, and I've checked that my files names match my PC version (Linux being case-sensitive), so if I find anything interesting there, I will post here.
Old 12-09-2015, 11:40 PM
Large Bat

Appears my problem was that DSETUP.dll did not properly replace dsetup.dll due to Linux case-sensitivity.
After I renamed my DSETUP.dll to dsetup.dll my client ran properly.
Old 12-11-2015, 11:27 PM
Orc

Thank you everyone for the feedback, and thank you, krakmojo, for the original tutorial on Takp. I re-installed titanium from the discs and went through the steps again. At the time I wrote the OP, I used an already installed folder from my external hard drive and did not need a fresh install. I first setup the playonlinux configuration for steps 1 - 5, but I skipped step 6 with the manual downloading and updating of the dinput 8 file this time. I then installed the discs using the run a .exe from the playonlinux settings and went through the rest of this guide. It worked fine for me with the configuration being wine 1.7.52, but then I got the issues with the DSETUP.dll, so thanks again krakmojo! I ended up with a caps version and lower case in the folder, so I just removed the caps version.

I am currently testing WinEQ2 installed in the same bottle with eq and running the shortcut to that before running eq. I am having success so far, and I will post an update when I know if it continues to work well.

Is anyone else still having trouble?
Old 12-16-2015, 01:27 PM
Kobold

Your guide worked perfectly on the first attempt! Thank you very much. I've been struggling on and off for a few years trying different methods. Very happy to find success. GOODBYE WINDOWS! YOU SUCK!
Old 12-16-2015, 02:06 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisteso [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I should comment, I've always used normal Wine for running EQ. Never needed the extras that PlayOnLinux provided.
Yeah basically I copy my EQ folder into $HOME/.winep99/drive_c, put the following into a file name runeq.sh and chmod 700 runeq.sh so it's executable:

export WINEPREFIX=$HOME/.winep99/
cd $HOME/.winep99/drive_c/P99
taskset -c 0 wine eqgame.exe patchme 2>/dev/null

You do need to run the Nvidia drivers for their cards and make the changes to eqclient.ini to turn stuff off as above, or your toons don't show up.

Currently running on Ubuntu 14.04 with Wine 1.6.2.

Regards,
Mg

OMNI Officer (Retired from EQ)
Check out my P99 Hunting Guide!
Last edited by mgellan; 12-16-2015 at 02:12 PM..
Old 12-16-2015, 07:32 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by krakmojo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Appears my problem was that DSETUP.dll did not properly replace dsetup.dll due to Linux case-sensitivity.
After I renamed my DSETUP.dll to dsetup.dll my client ran properly.
Classic Linux...

Glad you got it working pal! Open Source Master Race!