Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2023, 10:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the commie has a point, someone better have a good rebuttal or i might be on team bernie sanders again.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sanders or Elizabeth Warren need a 4 year term. The status quo regarding lobbying, banking, government and corporate positions being filled by the same people, etc has to stop

It’s not even greed anymore. It’s open corruption and graft
Old 03-12-2023, 10:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussenseiter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How many TB would 40,000 hours of video be?
what format, bit rate, resolution, fps and compression ratio?
Old 03-12-2023, 10:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
but I’ve exploited precisely zero people
we all exploit and have blood on our hands, people literally die in fucked off countries for the electronics we're communicating with right now. some bullshit plastic toy i had as a kid has prolly killed thousands of fish over the last 30 years.

best not to actually think about that shit though, pretty sure one of the religions even says don't worry about it.
Old 03-12-2023, 10:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sanders or Elizabeth Warren need a 4 year term. The status quo regarding lobbying, banking, government and corporate positions being filled by the same people, etc has to stop

It’s not even greed anymore. It’s open corruption and graft
think even one of the founding fathers even said shit's going to get fucked when the parties just have to bride the voters or whatever the quote is. everyone for the last hundred years has voted for exactly this basically.
Old 03-12-2023, 10:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussenseiter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How many TB would 40,000 hours of video be?
Only the producers at Fox News know that (because it's officially an arm of the GOP now). I just think it's telling they immediately released the footage to their boy Tucker and now are doing a slow rollout weeks later for the rest of us non-Murdoch employed plebs.
Old 03-12-2023, 10:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tucker
Everybody Drink !!
Old 03-12-2023, 10:42 PM
Planar Protector

Mother fucking Tucker Carlson for president.
Old 03-12-2023, 10:46 PM
Planar Protector

On Sunday, McCarthy claimed he did not “give” the tapes to Carlson. “I didn’t give the tapes,” he said. “I allowed [him] to come see them, just like an exclusive with anybody else. My goal here is transparency.”

lmao
Old 03-12-2023, 10:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
I am pretty “rich” and it’s because I’m married, have never been unemployed, bought a house as soon as I could and mostly drove a piece of shit ford Ranger and then various Toyotas and Hondas. Many people make different choices, but I’ve exploited precisely zero people

I think you should make a distinction between someone with an estate that will be passed down to many, many grandchildren vs a corporate profiteer actively lobbying and manipulating the government to maintain his/her financial primacy

Or don’t, but fuck the rich is different than fuck the bankers. Also, being poor doesn’t absolve you from committing crime. Even if circumstances are more difficult, it is a choice to shoplift vs becoming a paramedic or electrician or welder, etc
When I say "eat the rich", I am generally not referring to those who are mere millionaires. There are ethical ways to become a millionaire.

There are no ethical ways to become a billionaire.

Even if the Feds did or didn't bail out banks or other corps deemed 'too big to fail', I'd still approve of shoplifting. Because of the things like bonkers said, like Walmart keeping shitloads of people in poverty by underpaying their workers.

Wage theft is a huge amount of lost revenue to workers, and both the media and the companies themselves almost NEVER talk about it. So, I have zero pity for corporations complaining about retail theft. Even if it's all true, and I very much doubt it is.

Plus, whenever politicians talk about looking out for 'small businesses', it is almost always just cover for large corporations. Democrat or Republican.
Old 03-12-2023, 10:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
One of your dumber outtakes but really lean into and promote that to other Dems. It is only a benefit to us on the other side of the political isle
You have totally missed the point of everything I have ever said if you think I believe the solution is Democrats. They're still capitalists. They aren't going to solve this problem.

However, I harp on that so much I choose to believe that you understand this just fine, it's just your team sports approach to politics that causes you to flamingo about it.
Closed Thread