Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2013, 06:30 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
POP really made RMT take off.
What made RMT take off was when they allowed character moves to new account and you could buy the trilogy for next to nothing and move a character to it then sell it.
Old 11-22-2013, 07:46 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llodd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Make it the same patch time as on live, with a little variance. Shits classic right.
Depends on what you want to debate about. Making it classic doesn't seem like the issue the OP wants to address.

If you want to make raid content accessible to most players, it has to be available when most people are online. I don't think speeding up spawn timers is a good solution, as competition for content is very much classic, and not exclusive to raid content either.

There is however not much competition if the playerbase that can be on when 90% of the rest of the population isn't, therefore has access to 90% of the spawn windows. And a respawn time at 2pm EST (classic EQ patch day) is right when most people aren't on.
Old 11-22-2013, 08:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by theguyy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Worst idea ever. Whoever has the most wizards wins basically....AKA TMO anyways lmao.

Classic rotations was as fair as you could get a non instanced server. That was exactly how it was done on my server, with about 1/1000th the amount of raid issues that p99 has.

Variance was created to deter poopsocking but in fact rewards it more then ever because the guilds willing to poopsock the longest get the kill now. Which is really no different then how it was before, the same 1-2 guilds getting every raid target that matters.
Wizards can't FD, just train them till they are dead.
Old 11-22-2013, 08:34 PM
Fire Giant

Love how the best and simplest solution, a rotation, is always ignored and never discussed. I guess it doesn't even matter if it wasn't ignored because as long as you have people who openly state that their only enjoyment left on this server is denying other people their enjoyment it won't happen.
Old 11-23-2013, 12:38 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psionide [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Love how the best and simplest solution, a rotation, is always ignored and never discussed. I guess it doesn't even matter if it wasn't ignored because as long as you have people who openly state that their only enjoyment left on this server is denying other people their enjoyment it won't happen.
It has been discussed countless times, which is why it's now ignored.

Welcome to p99 btw!
Old 11-23-2013, 02:51 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iumuno [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Depends on what you want to debate about. Making it classic doesn't seem like the issue the OP wants to address.

If you want to make raid content accessible to most players, it has to be available when most people are online. I don't think speeding up spawn timers is a good solution, as competition for content is very much classic, and not exclusive to raid content either.

There is however not much competition if the playerbase that can be on when 90% of the rest of the population isn't, therefore has access to 90% of the spawn windows. And a respawn time at 2pm EST (classic EQ patch day) is right when most people aren't on.
Yeah partially tongue in cheek as I'd benefit more. But still, I dont mind if it were at a time where most of the playerbase would benefit so long as there was some variation for euro/asian players.

Regardless, convincing the staff seems the hardest part.
Old 11-23-2013, 03:26 PM
Planar Protector

Posting in a variance thread...ahaha!
Old 11-23-2013, 08:47 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autotune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It has been discussed countless times, which is why it's now ignored.

Welcome to p99 btw!
Ah damn you got me you were here a long time before me, June 2010, and I got here pretty late in.....June 2010......

As for your argument that rotation has been discussed well that must be a joke because it was never seriously discussed or was it ever implemented outside of Sky or Ragefire. I'd like to know when their was a CT or Trak rotation or Nagy or Vox or Inny or on and on and on. Then again your position aint surpising and then again why am I arguing with someone who doesn't even play on this server anymore?
Old 11-23-2013, 10:58 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psionide [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ah damn you got me you were here a long time before me, June 2010, and I got here pretty late in.....June 2010......

As for your argument that rotation has been discussed well that must be a joke because it was never seriously discussed or was it ever implemented outside of Sky or Ragefire. I'd like to know when their was a CT or Trak rotation or Nagy or Vox or Inny or on and on and on. Then again your position aint surpising and then again why am I arguing with someone who doesn't even play on this server anymore?
When the server opened in 2009 there was a GM enforced rotation of Naggy/Vox and PoF. Once PoH opened the GMs stopped enforcing rotation. Back when we had a rotation there were only 2 guilds who were doing raid content, with a server population of 300 max.

There's just not enough pie to feed all the hungry mouths p99 brings in. Of course GMs don't want to babysit us. The server brings in what, 1000 people a night now. This is still classic EQ, cutthroat and hardcore.

Glitterati Irons - Wood Elf Druid.
Old 11-23-2013, 11:13 PM
Fire Giant

how is this not RnF [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

TBH with w/e they are doing to stop brute force attacks on login seems to work well enough; almost to the point you're are either there poopsocking the mob or you dont get it
Closed Thread