Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 06-16-2017, 01:04 AM
Orc

Default Turning invisible glitch

I posted this in the petition/exploit forum and they said to try posting here.

Sometimes I randomly turn invisible. Other players have said that they can not see me sometimes. If I relogg Everquest is appears to fix it. I am about to try reinstalling everquest.
Old 06-16-2017, 01:17 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orionsaight [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sometimes I randomly turn invisible. Other players have said that they can not see me sometimes. If I relogg Everquest is appears to fix it.
This usually happens when two people enter the zone at the exact same time. If relogging fixes the problem, I would assume that's what's happening.

Happening for years, would love to see it fixed but it might not be feasible.

Edit: Do you turn invisible from the moment you enter a zone, or do you randomly become invisible? If you're suddenly going invisible out of nowhere, I would suspect desynchronization (internet lag/communication issues. P99 hates WIFI).

~Urrsa -60 Ogre Shaman-
~Gream -60 Dark Elf Cleric-
~Greame -60 Halfling Druid-
~Oppa -41 Dark Elf Enchanter-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar View Post
boxers are responsible for ruining EQ.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
Rogean sits on his ivory throne and casts lightning bolts at anyone that disagrees with him or goes against the grain.
Last edited by Darkatar; 06-16-2017 at 01:19 AM..
Old 06-16-2017, 01:32 AM
Orc

it appears to be randomly turning invisible. My wifi card fried so I'm using ethernet
Old 06-16-2017, 01:45 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orionsaight [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it appears to be randomly turning invisible. My wifi card fried so I'm using ethernet
That's certainly interesting, I've never encountered that kind of problem on a wired connection outside of the type that pops up when you zone in simultaneously.

When you're invisible, is it purely a cosmetic bug?
E.G.
-Can you still cast spells/be cast on the normal way?
-Do you still aggro mobs when you get near them?
-It sounded like communication still worked, was there any significant delay in chat? (If you can notice..might need to play text pingpong with a friend to test that)
-Does having invisibility cast on you do anything? Maybe that could be related.
-Do you have everquest port fowarded? Probably a nonissue but it's something that -could- cause a communication desynch. (If wrongly/sloppily configured[or unconfigured])
-If you are/have a pet class, does your pet follow you correctly while bugged?

~Urrsa -60 Ogre Shaman-

Quote:
Quote:
Rogean sits on his ivory throne and casts lightning bolts at anyone that disagrees with him or goes against the grain.
Last edited by Darkatar; 06-16-2017 at 01:48 AM..
Old 06-16-2017, 01:58 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's certainly interesting, I've never encountered that kind of problem on a wired connection outside of the type that pops up when you zone in simultaneously.

When you're invisible, is it purely a cosmetic bug?
E.G.
-Can you still cast spells/be cast on the normal way?
-Do you still aggro mobs when you get near them?
-It sounded like communication still worked, was there any significant delay in chat? (If you can notice..might need to play text pingpong with a friend to test that)
-Does having invisibility cast on you do anything? Maybe that could be related.
-Do you have everquest port fowarded? Probably a nonissue but it's something that -could- cause a communication desynch. (If wrongly/sloppily configured[or unconfigured])
-If you are/have a pet class, does your pet follow you correctly while bugged?
I noticed that my wifi card was still active so I turned it off.

people say they cant see me at all so I believe its not cosmetic

I can still attack monsters, I have not tried doing it while casting spells; or at least I don't remember.

text seemed fine

not sure about any changes if someone casts invis on me

I don't have the knowledge to understand the question about porting

have not had a pet up while people said I was invis. I think ive only turned invis on my wizard and my barbarian rogue. I was binding someone. I just zoned in from lfay to gfay and the guy said he couldn't see me. And two or three times on my barbarian rogue in oasis, people have said that I have completely vanished.
Old 06-16-2017, 02:14 AM
Orc

on my barbarian rogue I was killing with a group and I said, "Hey I think I have a glitch where I randomly turn invisible. So tell me if I do." And the guy said, "Yea I haven't seen you in a while" and I was attacking that whole time.
Old 06-16-2017, 02:24 AM
Fire Giant

If you haven't touched the port fowarding and can log in fine, I'm 99% sure that's not the problem then.

The invisibility thing was more hoping that you could just invis/click it off to fix your problem, but if it's happening to your rogue then that probably won't help since rogues hide/unhide quite often.

That's definitely strange, I've exhausted all the possibilities I could think of, maybe someone else has had the same problem and can chime in though.

~Urrsa -60 Ogre Shaman-

Quote:
Quote: