Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2021, 02:01 PM
Planar Protector

Default Hadden

Someone do the math for me, what are the odds Hadden does not have an earring 16 spawns in a row? Also now he spawns without a pole sometimes and does not have an earring, that's new.
Old 01-21-2021, 02:07 PM
Aviak

33.3% chance repeating of course
Old 01-21-2021, 03:00 PM
Planar Protector

The gambler's fallacy, also known as the Monte Carlo fallacy or the fallacy of the maturity of chances, is the erroneous belief that if a particular event occurs more frequently than normal during the past it is less likely to happen in the future (or vice versa), when it has otherwise been established that the probability of such events does not depend on what has happened in the past. Such events, having the quality of historical independence, are referred to as statistically independent. The fallacy is commonly associated with gambling, where it may be believed, for example, that the next dice roll is more than usually likely to be six because there have recently been less than the usual number of sixes.
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 01-21-2021, 03:04 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqravenprince [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Someone do the math for me, what are the odds Hadden does not have an earring 16 spawns in a row? Also now he spawns without a pole sometimes and does not have an earring, that's new.
About 1% assuming the earring has a 25% chance of dropping. So this streak isn’t particularly notable in a game where he’s camped literally thousands of times. But it is unfortunate, so sorry man!
Old 01-21-2021, 03:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadier [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
About 1% assuming the earring has a 25% chance of dropping. So this streak isn’t particularly notable in a game where he’s camped literally thousands of times. But it is unfortunate, so sorry man!
That's what I was coming up with as well. What's particularly concerning though is the fact that Hadden spawns without a fishing pole and no earring.
Old 01-21-2021, 03:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The gambler's fallacy, also known as the Monte Carlo fallacy or the fallacy of the maturity of chances, is the erroneous belief that if a particular event occurs more frequently than normal during the past it is less likely to happen in the future (or vice versa), when it has otherwise been established that the probability of such events does not depend on what has happened in the past. Such events, having the quality of historical independence, are referred to as statistically independent. The fallacy is commonly associated with gambling, where it may be believed, for example, that the next dice roll is more than usually likely to be six because there have recently been less than the usual number of sixes.
I don't believe that any single time it's any more than 25% chance of dropping. But 16 times in a row, only 1% chance as someone else noted.
Old 01-21-2021, 04:54 PM
Sarnak

f math.
Old 01-21-2021, 06:45 PM
Banned

Sounds like p99 luck to me, i once decided i would try to camp a fbss after killing around 30 frenzies i left guk
Old 01-21-2021, 07:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonethunder [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sounds like p99 luck to me, i once decided i would try to camp a fbss after killing around 30 frenzies i left guk
After you get to 43 frenzies in a row and no fbss, then you match my bad luck.
Old 01-21-2021, 07:59 PM
Planar Protector

17 in a row no earring
Closed Thread