Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Velious Beta > General Beta Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2013, 03:10 PM
Project Manager

Default Velious Spells - Community Input/Discussion

As we progress through Velious (Currently on Skyshrine, btw), the npcs are fully developed except for spell drop loots. It's easier to do them in groups, per level ranges/zones as necessary after the npcs properly exist.

I try to outsource tasks which can be completed outside of the development team. Spell drop research can certainly be one of them. I was preparing to do this myself and thought I'd give community effort a chance so I can proceed elsewhere.

Velious spells: I need a consolidated list of spells that drop from release, ones added later, and ones that should only drop from certain npcs.

I expect there to be.. a few different lootIDs which can then be applied various places.

A level 60 list: A lootdrop list of only 60 spells to be aligned to level 60 'boss' npcs?
level 59-60 list?
level 55-60 ?
level 55-59 ?
level 51-54 ?
lower ones 35(ish)-44?

Should any of these include Kunark spells from Velious launch? Later?

This can be a good project due to the fact you'll ultimately be relying on these to obtain your spells.

Discuss.

Vandy has created a google doc for helping to track which npcs should drop which spells.

Quote:
Velious Spells Looking for people to help participate in research for Velious Spell drops. I have a google docs spreadsheet with the information I have been collecting that anyone can view. There is a comments section and if you are logged in you can real time chat on the side. People can be added as contributors to the project or post information here to be updated.

Velious Spell Sheet

1. We need to get an accurate list of which NPCs dropped which spells.
-i.e I find evidence Composition of Ervaj only dropping from Lodizal and Woushi using wayback machine Alla , Casterrealm, Graffe

2. We need to know how many spells each Raid Boss could drop and what % chance to drop that group of spells
-i.e Lodizal would drop 2 spells, had a chance to drop a 3rd spell and even less chance to drop a 4th spell. ( 2x100%, 1x50%, 1x20% ? )

3. What spells were changed and how through the Velious timeline. There is a 2nd sheet for this. The first sheet will deal with spells that were in at Velious Launch.

Thank You
Last edited by nilbog; 01-03-2014 at 02:13 PM..
Old 05-25-2013, 03:22 PM
Fire Giant

front page on cool thread [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

This seems to only berelative to Clerics, but theres a large discussion about what mobs drop spells in velious. I'm reading through it now, will post specifics about the thread beneath the link once i finish the discussion, but heres the link for now if you wanna look through it.

http://www.eqclerics.org/forums/showthread.php?t=6557
Last edited by Nune; 05-25-2013 at 03:31 PM..
Old 05-25-2013, 03:50 PM
Fire Giant

http://www.thehonorempire.org/forums...1-spell-drops/

Another discussion regarding spells drops, from which zones and mobs. When i get off work tonight I can index the relative info from these, just busy atm..

Additionally:

UP: Level 54-59 Luclin spells off the DA's and Gantru's (many of which conned EVEN to me at 57, and ALL the DA's and Gantru casters summon)
Deep: Level 54-60 Luclin spells. Need 3 tanks, a healer (2 is better) and a slower. Expect to pull only to the zone line. Spell drops are quite rare, mineral drops are uncommon (ores and luclinite)
GE: Level 53-60 Luclin spells. Raid type groups for all but single room camps. Spawns are relatively staid and recurring. Most creatures in the range of level 50.
Grey, TM, AR, ME, SD: 44 - 58 Luclin spells. Rare drops off any mob in the zone, named are better.
WW: Level 55-60 Velious spells. Should be called WOW. Dragons galore. half the mobs are level 58+, most summon, many spell drops.
SG: Level 51 - 57 Velious spells. Sirens stink, but drop some nice stuff. Rarely a spell.
CS, DN, VL, WL, KD, IK, SS: 44 - 60 Velious spells. Named are better, drops are rare. Faction plays a role in all areas except VL.
ToV: Level 57-60 Velious spells (most ancients too) CoV faction is the key, spell drops off named are a given. Raid level mobs only
Last edited by Nune; 05-25-2013 at 03:55 PM..
Old 05-26-2013, 02:04 AM
Kobold

Here is the classic spell list on Castersrealm. You can read the user accounts of players on where they received different spell drops.

http://web.archive.org/web/200112011...enu/spells.asp
Old 05-26-2013, 10:43 AM
Fire Giant

I seem to remember camping wurms in GD for spells like in the back of the caverns there. The dragons in WW dropped spells. Those were the 2 I remembered but im sure the raid mobs probably dropped them I just cant remember it.
Old 05-26-2013, 02:29 PM
Kobold

Do need spell merchants too?
Old 05-26-2013, 04:47 PM
Fire Giant

only kunark spells I can recall is Sunstrike could drop from Sontalak, and Divine Intervention could drop from Harla Dar.
Old 05-26-2013, 04:48 PM
Developer

Send a message via AIM to Aeolwind Send a message via MSN to Aeolwind Send a message via Yahoo to Aeolwind

Quote:
Originally Posted by doraf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do need spell merchants too?
Yes, all spell merchants in Velious could be useful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilbog
If all the polls I have done up until now fully counted, you would be playing on some abomination of a PVP server with 2-10 boxing based on votes from people named xcm234nv and adfa234.
Old 05-26-2013, 07:06 PM
Fire Giant

BARD SPELL DETAILS
Name: Cantana of Soothing
Level: 34
Mana: 0
Class: Stringed, required
Era: Scars Of Velious
Vendor(s):
Pirate Outpost
Thurgadin Cleric Guild

Approx Spell Cost: 7pp 1gp 5sp 4cp
Researchable: No
Type: Group Buff
Max Duration: Instant
Casting Time: 3 seconds
Recast Time: Instant
Actual Effects: Group: Increase Hitpoints (4)
Group: Increase Mana: 5
Group: Increase Stamina (4)
Description: This group buff allows for the recovery of hitpoints, mana and stamina simultanesouly.
This spell is a duration spell, and not an instant benefit spell. It also increases its benefit amount quite quickly based on your level or instruments.

This spell was added as part of the Velious expansion.

Click Here to report an error in this spells information.
SPELL COMMENTS
LOCATION, By Big bird (4/19/2001)

This song is NOT located in 'dwarf city.' Don't go posting until you are absolutely sure.
This song is purchased from a named gnome magician in the gnome city on the gnome island in Iceclad Ocean.

Have fun and get that song.

GNOME VILLAGE, By Quelionis (3/12/2001)

This song is sold in a gnome village in Iceclad. The village is near where the dock is. The gnomes name I forget but it is probably the longest name in EQ history.
So for all you trying to sell this in EC for 150pp beat it, it cost 8plat there, and if you don't have SoV then get a bud who does to buy it!
Old 05-26-2013, 07:09 PM
Fire Giant

http://web.archive.org/web/200112140...ription&Id=220
PIRATE OUTPOST
Classes:
Bard's, Cleric's, Druid's, Enchanter's, Magician's, Necromancer's, Ranger's, Paladin's, Shadowknight's, Shaman's, Wizard's

Description:
Xorbinasticalus Zimralicus is found wearing a blue robe in Captain Nalot's hut in the gnome pirate outpost in Iceclad Ocean on Velious.
The approx. location is 4631, 1320.
Closed Thread