Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Velious Beta > General Beta Discussion

Old 11-26-2014, 03:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by 311junkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the 9th and 10th coldain rings are still shown as not able to complete. Are there any updates on this? I'm up to the tainted avalanche ale part of the 9th ring subquests.

Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
re: Coldain Rings. I added a script for Sentry Badain to return the Declaration of War until the 10th is done. Up until that point, it should be testable (1-9th).
Ninth should be scripted and in game. We were missing the Mt. Death Mineral Salts to allow progression with the Ninth Ring quest.

Should give it a try now.
Old 11-27-2014, 03:59 PM
Sarnak

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=981

Kael Drakkal Quest - Vambraces of Avoidance - Completed

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-28-2014, 12:05 PM
Banned

Default what a pickle!

Just made these pickled delights a moment ago!

Pickled Faun - Confirmed
Pickled Storm Giant - Confirmed
Pickled Unicorn - Confirmed
Sifaye Pickles - Confirmed

Old 11-28-2014, 12:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleToad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=981

Kael Drakkal Quest - Vambraces of Avoidance - Completed

Damn. I've been waiting a month for this mob to spawn, I finally do the quest this morning and then see you did it already.

Anyways, here's the quest text since it's not on Allakhazam:

[Fri Nov 28 11:41:08 2014] You say, 'Hail, Vorken Iceshard'
[Fri Nov 28 11:41:09 2014] Vorken Iceshard says, 'I am Vorken Iceshard, one of the lords of Iceshard manor. In this day and age you can never tell where one's allegiances are. Leave my servants in peace or you may leave in pieces.'
[Fri Nov 28 11:41:24 2014] Vorken Iceshard regards you as an ally -- it appears to be quite formidable.
[Fri Nov 28 11:43:17 2014] You say, 'what allegiances'
[Fri Nov 28 11:43:17 2014] Vorken Iceshard says, 'Loyalties, of course, little one. Each day I see more mercenaries come to Kael, seeking their fortunes. King Tormax will use your kind to wage war on the dragons and upon the Coldain. But I question the motives of your kind.'
[Fri Nov 28 11:43:27 2014] You say, 'what motives'
[Fri Nov 28 11:43:27 2014] Vorken Iceshard says, 'My motives are simple. I will acquire as much power and prestige as possible before I die. Such is life for me, a constant search for power and wealth. But my great power and wealth have not brought me happiness. Enough of my motives, what drives you? A constant search for more power, a search for security and happiness? Or do you truly believe in the rhetoric of King Tormax which advocates that we eradicate the dragons?'
[Fri Nov 28 11:43:55 2014] You say, 'a constant search for more power'
[Fri Nov 28 11:43:55 2014] Vorken Iceshard says, 'I understand. You seek wealth and power. Believe me, young one, it will not bring you happiness. Each item you acquire will only quell your lust for more power for a short time. There is always something slightly better to gain. Would yet another useless possession really make you feel better? Let me tell you a little story.'
[Fri Nov 28 11:44:14 2014] You say, 'what story'
[Fri Nov 28 11:44:14 2014] Vorken Iceshard says, 'Before I ascended to power here in Kael Drakkel, I lived as a nomad in the eastern wastes. My brother Klaggan and I did as we pleased, not abiding by the laws of the Kromrif leaders at the time. With each 'crime' we committed we drew the attention of Beleveios Thunderstone, the so called leader of the wandering giants at that time. His anger with us grew so much that he eventually came looking for us.'
[Fri Nov 28 11:44:33 2014] You say, 'who is beleveios thunderstone'
[Fri Nov 28 11:44:33 2014] Vorken Iceshard says, 'Beleveios came seeking my brother and me to slay us and end the whining of the weaker giants. The day is still crisp in my mind. Four of his greatest champions fell upon my brother and me in our encampment, attempting to slay us in our sleep. We Iceshards are not so easy to slay, however. Klaggan awoke as they attempted to slit our throats and snapped the neck of one of our assailants. I leaped to my feet as well, and with my trusty axe I slashed at the knaves who had come to [murder] us.'
[Fri Nov 28 11:45:05 2014] You say, 'murder'
[Fri Nov 28 11:45:05 2014] Vorken Iceshard says, 'Yes, they tried to stop our actions without so much as a trial by honorable combat. My brother and I slaughtered Beleveios' most powerful guards as he watched. When the last one fell, I was covered in the blood of my foes, as was Klaggan. Beleveios stood there dumbfounded, before he dropped to his knees begging for our mercy and forgiveness. He prattled on about his [family], and wanting to protect his people. I would hear no more of this. His head lay on the ground not long after that.'
[Fri Nov 28 11:46:00 2014] You say, 'what family'
[Fri Nov 28 11:46:00 2014] Vorken Iceshard says, 'I took little heed of Beleveios' ranting about his family at the time. I have not thought of it much until recently either. I have heard rumors that his son has been attempting to gain support from the other Kromrif. The whispers on the wind speak of my assassination by this fool who wants vengeance for a father who would murder men in their sleep. If you wish powerful possessions, then seek out the son of Beleveios Thunderstone and slay him. Bring me his head as proof and I will reward you with what you seek so avidly.'
[Fri Nov 28 11:46:26 2014] Vorken Iceshard says, 'Congratulations, mercenary. You have earned your precious reward. Tell me, did Ekelng whine like his father for forgiveness, or did he die like a true Kromrif warrior?'
[Fri Nov 28 11:46:26 2014] Your faction standing with Kromrif could not possibly get any better.
[Fri Nov 28 11:46:26 2014] Your faction standing with Kromzek could not possibly get any better.
[Fri Nov 28 11:46:26 2014] Your faction standing with Coldain got worse.
[Fri Nov 28 11:46:26 2014] Your faction standing with ClawsofVeeshan got worse.
[Fri Nov 28 11:46:26 2014] You gain experience!!

Feedback: I tried turning this in at Warmly since there were several posts saying you only needed Amiably. It didn't work. Nilbog said you needed Ally, so I did the quest again but like I said it took a month for the NPC to respawn. I couldn't just do the quest over again because Ekelng wasn't up in EW. Nilbog said his respawn time should be 20 minutes, but I think it's worth looking into his spawning. Both times I killed him he was standing in a static location, but other times nothing has been in that area for hours. I went back to kill Ekelng after the last beta patch.

Amiable faction:

August 25 2001
Quote:
You must have Amiable or better faction to do this quest, otherwise he will eat the item. This quest also gives the three giant factions and lowers CoV.
September 14 2001
Quote:
This quest actually raises Kromzek and Kromrif and lowers Coldain and Dain faction. Must be amiable with Kromrif to get the reward.
Old 11-28-2014, 12:49 PM
Banned

Default Yakman Steak - combine not working

Yakman Steaks - Combine not working

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/r...ml?recipe=1118

Old 11-28-2014, 12:50 PM
Banned

Default Raptor Steak - Confirmed!

Raptor Steak - Confirmed!

Old 11-28-2014, 01:13 PM
Banned

Default Siren Pickles - Combine not working

Siren Pickles - Combine not working

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/r...ml?recipe=1093

Old 11-28-2014, 02:22 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrjun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anyways, here's the quest text since it's not on Allakhazam:
Have that text and some more.

Quote:
Feedback: I tried turning this in at Warmly since there were several posts saying you only needed Amiably. It didn't work. Nilbog said you needed Ally, so I did the quest again but like I said it took a month for the NPC to respawn. I couldn't just do the quest over again because Ekelng wasn't up in EW. Nilbog said his respawn time should be 20 minutes, but I think it's worth looking into his spawning. Both times I killed him he was standing in a static location, but other times nothing has been in that area for hours. I went back to kill Ekelng after the last beta patch.
It's written as ally, but I changed it to amiable based on your quotes.

As far as Ekelng's spawn - it's set for 20 minutes. I increased his Z axis spawn, pending update, in case he is spawning under the world. Seems ok on my dev server.
Old 11-28-2014, 02:39 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As far as Ekelng's spawn - it's set for 20 minutes. I increased his Z axis spawn, pending update, in case he is spawning under the world. Seems ok on my dev server.
Update. He is on Coldain faction, and can be attacked by giants, if they wander close enough.
Old 11-28-2014, 04:48 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Black Pantherskin Armor Set

Belt - Confirmed - Saide
Shoulderpads - Confirmed - Saide
Wristbands - Confirmed - Saide

Haze Pantherskin Armor Set

Belt - Confirmed - Saide
Boots - Confirmed - Saide
Cloak - Confirmed - Saide
Gloves - Confirmed - Saide
Gorget - Confirmed - Saide