Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements > Polls

View Poll Results: Bonus XP For Server return?
50% for 1 Week 25 47.17%
50% for just the Weekend 2 3.77%
25% For 1 Week 1 1.89%
25% For jus the Weekend 1 1.89%
No Bonus XP 24 45.28%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 10:48 AM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Default Bonus XP?

Bonus XP For Server Return

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 04-13-2010, 10:49 AM
Sarnak

100% votes for 50% for 1 week! Close the poll!! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-13-2010, 11:05 AM
Banned

I don't even care anymore. Just make Fri come faster. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-13-2010, 11:09 AM
Sarnak

Not gonna kill anyone either or. I voted yes and i'm 50 with no chance of playing alts
Old 04-13-2010, 11:14 AM
Planar Protector

I voted no, but then i don't need incentive to play [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] A journey with no hardship is hardly a journey at all [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I enchant things...
Old 04-13-2010, 11:15 AM
Sarnak

This would be such a nice help and bonus! Voted yes for week of 50%
But just for the week to get everyone back and going again.
Old 04-13-2010, 11:33 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agaron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't even care anymore. Just make Fri come faster. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol.

Raiding: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...&postcount=109
P1999 Class Popularity Chart: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...7&postcount=48
P1999 PvP Statistics: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...9&postcount=59

"Global chat is to conversation what pok books are to travel, but without sufficient population it doesn't matter."
Old 04-13-2010, 11:34 AM
Large Bat

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in the mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function." -F. Scott Fitzgerald

plusses to extra xp:
-encourages the community to play more during that week. More people = more gooderer server.
-more people play lower levels/alts, meaning more activity and grouping opportunities in lower level zones.
-gives newer players a chance to "catch up" a bit to the higher ones. Even well established raid guilds need new recruits to continue to grow and improve.

plusses to no extra xp:
-people are still stoked to have the server come back online. Population will be high enough without it.
-maintains integrity of the server's 'classic' tag.
-no drop off of players after the week long XP orgy.
-doesn't open the pandoras' box of incessant 'we need moar XP bonus weekendzz" on the forums.

I think I'm going to backtrack and instead vote for the xp bonus, even though it's not "classic" as I previously mentioned. What this special bonus is REALLY doing is helping the newer people/lowbies on the server to get a foothold in the community, which is more important to me than rigidly holding on to the nebulous concept of "classic server integrity."

And it never hurts to try something new. If it doesn't work out, then hey, it doesn't. Somehow, I think we'll continue to play on the server, either way. Right?
Old 04-13-2010, 11:42 AM
Fire Giant

Voting FOR bonus xp chops at least an inch off your epeen.

Just making you all aware of the risks.
Old 04-13-2010, 11:46 AM
Decaying Skeleton

I suppose this is now the official poll and not the thread in the Server Chat section so I'll copypaste my reasoning here =).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kletus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Definitely against it. I just started 2 weeks ago and my only character is a level 11 rogue. I didn't come here for EZexp, I came here to enjoy EverQuest Classic. Thanks for getting the servers up and I like this server a lot but if this goes through then I'll be offline for another week as I don't want to cheapen my experience. Sad thing is that all my friends will level up during this time and I won't be able to group with them. Hope this is a bad joke for April.
Closed Thread