Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Velious Beta > Spells

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2014, 04:53 PM
Planar Protector

Default Protection of the Glades stacking with Barrier of Force and Manaskin

Protection of the Glades is currently stacking with Barrier of Force and stacking with Manaskin. Barrier and Manaskin appropriately do not stack with each other.

This July 2001 patch allows for stacking of PotG with Barrier of Force or Manaskin.

http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20010724.html
Quote:
Barrier of Force will now stack with Protection of the Glades.
Manaskin and Protection of the Glades will now stack.
Corroboration that PotG should take precedence over Barrier or Skin. From June 1, 2001 about 1.5 months before it was patched.
http://www.graffe.com/forums/showthr...Stacking-Logic

Quote:
And Plainsight could possibly be corrected in the future so it could be stacked with DMF right?

My question is, why on earth can't they make it so Barrier of Force(Epic) stacks with Protection of the Glades(Druid)? Is the only major conflict between the two the minor mana regen effect? It makes absolutely no sense we can't use our effect with Druid in the group simply because of that single conflict. That is, unless you want to go through the hassle of disbanding EVERY Time the druid is about to cast it.
Graffe archive of same patch message being a good thing for Wizards.
https://web.archive.org/web/20021207...chive_0701.htm
Old 05-29-2018, 01:09 PM
Server GM

Unlocked by request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contraceptive View Post
If you can prove God is real to me I might believe you aren't just a virgin that has been given fake internet powers that you over-wield on an imaginary game. Also, don't forget to take contraceptive, the world doesn't need any more yous. Ah who the hell am I kidding you're not reproducing you're too busy blanket banning people on a 20 year old elf simulator.
Old 05-29-2018, 01:27 PM
Planar Protector

Thank you Llandris!

Just wanted to add some corroborating evidence in case it was thought this may have been some kind of 'temporary glitch' but was previously working.

It does seem as it was intended to originally not stack per this player/dev comment:
https://web.archive.org/web/20010822...ve/arc12.shtml
4/27/2001
Quote:
Barrier of Force
[Quote: The effect on the wizard epic, Barrier of force, is currently overwritten if a druid casts Protection of the Glades on the group. This is extremely frustrating in the high end game where PoG is cast frequently. Is this the way it is supposed to be? I sincerely hope not, making an epic effect useless in some situations seems wrong. Thanks,

Omalley the Tactician
Officer-The Relentless
Cazic-Thule ]

Both of these spells have a regeneration component. They will not stack.

It's up to you to decide which effect you prefer. Not all spells will stack with all other spells. Choosing the effect you want on your character is just as important as choosing which spells to memorize.
They later changed their tune that it would be fixed in the stacking code per the patch Ele mentions:
https://web.archive.org/web/20010822...ive/arc2.shtml
7/17/2001:
Quote:
[Quote: im wondering will PotG and Barrier of force ever stack i find it rather silly that a rune and a HP buff dont stack seeing that barrier is the effect of an epic weapon which would be far more powerfull then a normal casted spell. ]

--------------------------------------------

I've corrected the issue in the spdat, these two effects should stack next patch.
https://web.archive.org/web/20010822...ive/arc1.shtml
7/24/2001
Quote:
[Quote: Hi,

Thanks for the information on the existence of a racial component in merchant prices.

However, your claim that Manaskin and Protection of the Glades should not stack because they both have a mana regeneration component is incorrect. This very issue was just addressed with Protection of the Glades and Barrier of Force (Barrier of Force being the upgrade to Manaskin cast by the wizard epic, which also contains a mana regeneration component). Since Barrier of Force is a rune and Protection of the Glades a hp buff Lawrence Poe has stated that the stacking issue with those two spells will be corrected in the next patch. It simply needs to be brought to his attention that the identical situation exists with Manaskin and Protection of the Glades.

Thanks,
Richard Soluk ]

--------------------------------------------
quote:

The statement about Manaskin and Protection of the Glades *was* correct at the time the statement was made. Perhaps it was worded in a confusing way, I think what Alan meant was they shouldn't stack under our current stacking rules. At any rate, I modified Manaskin on Friday, so as of today's patch it should be stacking with Protection of the Glades.
I realize we're past timeline on this, but just wanted it buttoned up for the refresh server.
Old 05-30-2018, 12:13 AM
Planar Protector

Send a message via ICQ to Uuruk Send a message via AIM to Uuruk Send a message via MSN to Uuruk Send a message via Yahoo to Uuruk

I remember this stacking back when I played.