Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: Do you live in one of America's inner cities?
Yes, I live in a but I got inner city 41 18.55%
Yes, I live in a crime infested inner city 35 15.84%
Yes, I live in a burning crime infested inner city 33 14.93%
Bush burned the crime infested towers 153 69.23%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 221. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2018, 09:19 PM
Banned

https://youtu.be/U95AmR3t6iU

oh lol maybe hillary might actually want to watch out cus trump might hold true on his promise to put hillary in jail after all
Old 07-16-2018, 09:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pence is pretty much Hilter to Pro-choice and LGBT people.

He caused a massive HIV outbreak in the state he governed...

I feel safer with Trump leading the country.
this is called stockholm syndrome
Old 07-16-2018, 09:24 PM
Planar Protector

Single white female syndrome.
Old 07-16-2018, 10:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pence is pretty much Hilter to Pro-choice and LGBT people.

He caused a massive HIV outbreak in the state he governed...

I feel safer with Trump leading the country.
Quote:
AUSTIN, Ind. — On the evening of March 24, 2015, Sheriff Dan McClain got an unexpected voice mail: “This is Gov. Mike Pence calling. I would welcome the opportunity to get your counsel on what’s going on in Scott County.”

What was going on was unprecedented in Indiana and rare in the United States: H.I.V. was spreading with terrifying speed among intravenous drug users in this rural community near the Kentucky border. Local, state and federal health officials were urging the governor to allow clean needles to be distributed to slow the outbreak.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But Indiana law made it illegal to possess a syringe without a prescription. And Mr. Pence, a steadfast conservative, was morally opposed to needle exchanges on the grounds that they supported drug abuse. As Sheriff McClain called the governor back, the pressure was mounting. The number of new H.I.V. cases in the county was nearing 90. “Don’t give me any political views; I want to know your opinion,” the sheriff recalled Mr. Pence saying. Sheriff McClain, who was not a fan of needle exchanges, was quick to reply: “I believe the only thing we can do to stop or slow this thing is to get clean needles out there.”

On March 23, more than two months after the outbreak was detected, Mr. Pence said he was going to go home and pray on it. He spoke to the sheriff the next night. Two days later, he issued an executive order allowing syringes to be distributed in Scott County.

Tens of thousands of them were handed out over the following months. And the program, along with drug therapy and aggressive outreach, slowed the flood of new H.I.V. cases to a trickle. State Representative Ed Clere, a Republican who was among those pushing the governor to approve the needle exchange, said he was relieved when Mr. Pence finally did so. He also wished it had been done sooner. “It was disappointing that it took so much effort to bring the governor on board,” Mr. Clere said.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-16-2018, 10:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake81 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
fuck em
Old 07-16-2018, 10:54 PM
Planar Protector

Ouch

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Old 07-16-2018, 11:01 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah. That's what happens when you eliminate funding to the only source of free HIV screening available to rural individuals and refuse to allow needle exchanges. You don't get points for putting out fires you started.
Old 07-16-2018, 11:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
fuck em
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ouch
Quote:
Yeah. That's what happens when you eliminate funding to the only source of free HIV screening available to rural individuals and refuse to allow needle exchanges. You don't get points for putting out fires you started.
I am conflicted on this. On the one hand, we are told most of our lives including rural schools which I came from that drugs are bad and stay away.

One the other hand, how long are you going to need someone to take care of you. I mean, sure, help a guy up when he falls down but when he keeps falling repeatedly I hope he has someone that loves him because society is going to say F U.. which it will and we are told most of our lives that.

Does the money for those needles come from tax payers or private donations to help the sick? If it comes from tax payers then you are literally taxing the productive to take care of people who didn't listen. Of course we just can't turn our backs can we? religion teaches otherwise of most peoples compassion says otherwise to. So where is the line drawn, is it where society says it is but you can cross it and still expect help?

I have an uncle in a similar situation, he is mentally ill and has a hard time taking care of himself. My mother even moved him in with her for five years and took care of him, got him back in reasonable health. He did good with her aid, took his medicine and ate food. When he moved out it was only a small matter of time before the local drug guys got him on some hard stuff again. I love Rick, hes a good guy and I learned first hand that you can't help some people. They don't have a voice inside that wants help and to get better. Better is being blasted to Mars from something made in some guys bathtub.

That same society has elements of people that prey upon it, they are walking money. Easy to hook. Same place that will give you a helping hand will use the other to bust your teeth out.
Last edited by Mblake81; 07-16-2018 at 11:39 PM..
Old 07-16-2018, 11:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake81 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Does the money for those needles come from tax payers or private donations to help the sick? If it comes from tax payers then you are literally taxing the productive to take care of people who didn't listen. Of course we just can't turn our backs can we? religion teaches otherwise of most peoples compassion says otherwise to. So where is the line drawn, is it where society says it is but you can cross it and still expect help?

I have an uncle in a similar situation, he is mentally ill and has a hard time taking care of himself. My mother even moved him in with her for five years and took care of him, got him back in reasonable health. He did good with her aid, took his medicine and ate food. When he moved out again it was only a small matter of time before the local drug guys got him on some hard stuff again. I love Rick, hes a good guy and I learned first hand that you can't help some people. They don't have a voice inside that wants help and to get better. Better is being blasted to Mars from something made in some guys bathtub.
I think that it's a necessary investment in the overall health of our populace. That outbreak we're talking about led to, I think, about 180 new cases of HIV. That's 180 more life long vectors for the potential spread of HIV and each will require medication for the rest of their lives. It's cheaper to invest in prevention.

I'm sorry about your uncle. I don't agree with you about the voice inside not being there though. It's there. All addicts have it. It's just being drown out by a different voice that's way louder. Sometimes you have to fail a hundred times to succeed once. It takes saintly patience to stay involved with that and I can't fault anyone who gives up on an addict. I just don't think anyone is beyond redemption as long as they're alive.
Old 07-17-2018, 01:43 AM
Planar Protector

Would Pence pardon like Ford?