Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Velious Beta > Mechanics

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2017, 07:51 PM
Banned

Default Charmed Pet Gear

Hey guys, I have a druid and necro, both who can charm mobs. Necro being able to summon pets of course. I wanted to know about placing -MR gear on these guys as per the guide here:

https://wiki.project1999.com/Charmed_Pet_Gear

It states in one part that the gear that is left on the corpse of the charmed pet is re-lootable as long as it doesn't die while it was charmed. So as long as I break charm and finish it myself I can re-loot the items I give it? Weapons/ gear and all?

Also, was wondering if there were any other items maybe not mentioned others have been using for their charmed pets. Weapons, armor, accessories. Does the stuns on the grill hide lariats go off often? Can a pet dual wield these also?

Any other charming mechanics tips I could have also? Thanks!
Old 05-12-2017, 09:16 AM
Banned

Yes if you kill the charmed pet it will be on the corpse. You can even use its inventory as a storage unit just dont let it be killed.

Can't help you on pet weapons I've always just given mine a torch or mage weapons.
Old 05-12-2017, 09:23 AM
Sarnak

Correct, You can loot your items back ONLY if you make the LAST HIT on the mob, If another mob kill your pet, they gone.

I did on P99 60 ENC , 60 NEC , 60 Druid.

I know Charming.

Give Vendor Torch for weapon on your pet. for some reason it activate their ability to QUAD attack.

I been using LifeDraw wep , Hasten Blade , lot lot of different weapon.

When you use a Vendor Torch , it does more DPS because of QUAD. Then give him a secondary HAND with a proc.

It is fun for DUO , to gear a PET and keep him Alive and kill everything. I Know 95% of people does that. It work , its fun.

You want now to learn the real EXP with charm ?

The Grinder.

The idea is is different , You charm , you pull with your charmed pet , 4-6 mob. When all mob are stacked , You cycle Root fast fast fast.

All mob must be rooted.

At this point your charmed pet should be low HP

You break u Charm with instant invis item.

Use a Low lvl nuke to collect the FULL EXP out of the mob.

RECHARM fast into the pack of 4-6 mob.

Rinse and repeat.

WHY is this technic better ? When you solo , if your charmed pet does more than 50% of the damage u loose 50% of exp. With the Grinder method , you take 100% of exp on ALL MOB even when u solo.

ALSO since EVERY of your charm die within a minute , you dont deal with charm breaking.

You charm , 200ish mana , full exp.

I leveled my ENC 52 to 60 in CoM 2nd and 3rd SOLO in 4 days with that method.

I was able to Kill both side of 3rd in 3 pull of 6 mob each.

I seen full group not able to clear HALF of that.

The Grinder is the MOST EFFICIENT in mana , EXP and time.

You dont charm to kill mob with it , you charm to get your charm killed the fastest so u can exp out of him and avoid charm break.

Peace Nahilu
Old 05-12-2017, 09:26 AM
Sarnak

Oh and I forgot to Mention if you want to DUO with the Grinder

Druid

Ask the Druid to DS your charmed pet , so 6 mob hit u charmed pet and every mob just melt down + your charm , it is just insane stupid exp lol
Old 05-12-2017, 09:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by VII [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also, was wondering if there were any other items maybe not mentioned others have been using for their charmed pets. Weapons, armor, accessories.
Use Locustlure and Journeyman's Walking Stick. These both proc spells that are high aggro and that you wouldn't otherwise have access to as a Necromancer. The best part is they have virtually no effect on you if the charm breaks and the mob hits you. If the pet was using stun procs, you could be interrupted. If the pet was using DD procs, they could (they WILL) break root.

But a Tash and a slow? Win.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 05-12-2017, 09:49 AM
Planar Protector

I usually just give two Sceptres of Destruction to weaponize the pet. Can't beat the DPS.
Old 05-12-2017, 12:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Use Locustlure and Journeyman's Walking Stick. These both proc spells that are high aggro and that you wouldn't otherwise have access to as a Necromancer. The best part is they have virtually no effect on you if the charm breaks and the mob hits you. If the pet was using stun procs, you could be interrupted. If the pet was using DD procs, they could (they WILL) break root.

But a Tash and a slow? Win.
and other gear to lower MR the pet could equip, would you just stay with the few listed on the wiki page?

Adamantite Band = HP: +75, SV MAGIC: -10
Rusty Spiked Shoulderpads = AC: 3, STR: +5, SV MAGIC: -10

Thanks!

@Nahilu, thank you for your advice, i'll try this in tighter camps sounds like it can work well! And if torches cause charmed pets to quad, that's better than other weapons i'd say, for dps output.
Old 05-12-2017, 12:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by VII [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
and other gear to lower MR the pet could equip, would you just stay with the few listed on the wiki page?

Adamantite Band = HP: +75, SV MAGIC: -10
Rusty Spiked Shoulderpads = AC: 3, STR: +5, SV MAGIC: -10

Thanks!
Besides a haste item, that's all there is, really.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 05-12-2017, 01:02 PM
Banned

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=6639

This one is often overlooked. Believe the quest results in a negative magic save cloak as well.
Last edited by Caiu; 05-12-2017 at 01:13 PM..
Old 05-21-2017, 10:28 PM
Fire Giant

also tome of the eternal is another good cheap one that is substituted in for a torch, it will also make your charm pet dual wield (quad) but with another -10 MR which I believe is listed on the wiki

so I think its possible to get up to -45 MR total with the band, shoulders, tome, spear, and the 2 astral pieces
Last edited by Bones; 05-21-2017 at 10:35 PM..
Closed Thread