Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 08-14-2011, 11:44 PM
Kobold

Thanks Chrushev!
Old 08-16-2011, 12:00 AM
Planar Protector

Hey Chrushev I lose my hotbars when I log out. The horizontal one disappeared, how do I get it back?
Old 08-16-2011, 10:56 AM
Planar Protector

This is great thanks a bunch Duxa!

Skarry 60 Assassin | Kumack 60 Oracle | Gyrgol 60 Oracle | Eregion 54 Illusionist
Old 08-16-2011, 11:36 AM
Aviak

I just came back from a very long p99 break. Got a brand new quad core windows 7 machine.

Installed EQ Titanium fresh, ran this (option 1), logged in without a problem.

Hated the Titanium spell icons so so I logged out, ran this again but I selected option 9, chose Luclin icons, logged back in, worked perfectly.

Thank you for this, it made installing so easy on my new machine, and so far I have no problems with p99. Just wanted to post here and let people with newer machines know this does work, and it works really well.

Very nice work, thanks again.

Daybringer Savard Exmortis the Emancipator
85 Shadowknight of Darkstar Alliance
Torvonnilous / Fennin Ro
(Retired)
Old 08-16-2011, 01:07 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tewaz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey Chrushev I lose my hotbars when I log out. The horizontal one disappeared, how do I get it back?
With which UI? And what resolution are you running at? I havent had any problems with hot bars disappearing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyanideGas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is great thanks a bunch Duxa!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savard18 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just came back from a very long p99 break. Got a brand new quad core windows 7 machine.

Installed EQ Titanium fresh, ran this (option 1), logged in without a problem.

Hated the Titanium spell icons so so I logged out, ran this again but I selected option 9, chose Luclin icons, logged back in, worked perfectly.

Thank you for this, it made installing so easy on my new machine, and so far I have no problems with p99. Just wanted to post here and let people with newer machines know this does work, and it works really well.

Very nice work, thanks again.
You are welcome [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I myself am running EQ on an i7 proc.
Old 08-20-2011, 06:48 PM
Sarnak

just installed, get booted to acct login screen every time i attempt to log character into world....
Old 08-20-2011, 07:42 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cameroncoolcarter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
just installed, get booted to acct login screen every time i attempt to log character into world....
Does it only happen on that one character or with all characters? If it only happens on one character then your character is stuck in the void, like under world or something. Create another character and submit a petition to have your character moved.

Also, which UI are you using?
Old 08-20-2011, 08:52 PM
Banned

is there a good way to change to the spells/song buff windows to make them smaller? I like being able to see threw them, I don't like not being able to click threw it.
Old 08-23-2011, 07:42 PM
Fire Giant

This is really awesome and will hopefully get some of my less computer-saavy friends to install it.

I do have a couple of problems I'd like to figure out before pointing them to it...

1 - Is there a way to install the installer properly (on Win7 in my case) without choosing Option #1? For example, if I don't want the Duxa UI? It seems that any of the other options will do this, except I am not so sure now that I am seeing the following problems...

2 - After "installing" the installer via, say, option #13, it copies the spell files (great!), and then says...
"Click the following button if you want to see the latest information...".

I don't see any button. I have Exit way down at the bottom, which just...exits the installer as expected. I don't see any evidence that it has actuall installed the installer either.

3 - I have to type in my P1999 install directory (f:\p1999\p1999) every time I run the installer. Is there anyway to get it to remember the directory? Can't it just stick my last choice into the registry?

4 - Others have indicated a desktop icon for the installer after installing it. I don't get one (another reason I think it is not installing as expected).

Thanks!
Old 08-23-2011, 08:58 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malrubius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is really awesome and will hopefully get some of my less computer-saavy friends to install it.

I do have a couple of problems I'd like to figure out before pointing them to it...

1 - Is there a way to install the installer properly (on Win7 in my case) without choosing Option #1? For example, if I don't want the Duxa UI? It seems that any of the other options will do this, except I am not so sure now that I am seeing the following problems...

2 - After "installing" the installer via, say, option #13, it copies the spell files (great!), and then says...
"Click the following button if you want to see the latest information...".

I don't see any button. I have Exit way down at the bottom, which just...exits the installer as expected. I don't see any evidence that it has actuall installed the installer either.

3 - I have to type in my P1999 install directory (f:\p1999\p1999) every time I run the installer. Is there anyway to get it to remember the directory? Can't it just stick my last choice into the registry?

4 - Others have indicated a desktop icon for the installer after installing it. I don't get one (another reason I think it is not installing as expected).

Thanks!
1 - When picking option 1 it will put the UI into your UI folder, but you dont have to use it. So using (1) is a safe bet whether you want to use the UI or not. Just do /load <uiname> for whatever UI you want to use. Other options just do the individual tasks as described they dont do the whole install.

2 - Not sure what you are talking about with the "Latest information" can you provide a screenshot.. but basically it should say exit.. the way you know that it installed is that you got to that point.. if it couldnt install it would give you an error.. so no errors means its all good.

3 - yes there are ways but people may run into issues with permissions when writing to registy etc.. so i decided to avoid that whole mess by not writing anything to registry.

4 - Desktop icon is ONLY placed there if you pick option (1) or (5), the new shortcut is basically a CPU fix for people wiht issues running on multicore computers. So there should not be a shortcut unless you choose the CPU fix or run option (1) which includes the CPU fix.

Basically if you have a brand new install there is no reason not to run option (1) it does not force you into anything, you can use whatever UI you want, it just installs everything for you..

Other options are there for people who have the game already configured (have shortcut already, and are able to connect to the server) and want to take advantage of some of the features of the installer without running option (1). Option (13) allows people to upgrade to latest spellfiles without doing it manually.