Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2018, 06:27 AM
Planar Protector

Wrapped Entropy Serpent Spine is tradable, procs at level 1, and is the strongest aggro weapon in the game (stronger threat than raid drops) with a proc combining 4 poison counters (1200 threat), blind (500ish?) and a debuff (300-450ish?) all rolled into one. At 11/23 the ratio isn’t stellar but a single proc will lock the mob like gorilla glue. Be aware that if not careful the blind can cause problems if you step back and nobody is in melee range - mob will potentially run off.

Infestation if you can manage it is simply amazing. Total aggro is less than WESS but the 9/18 ratio makes it a lot more reliable when procs are stingy. At 3 poison counters (900 threat) it’s very strong aggro - again better for raw threat than any mainhand weapon from NToV.

At 60 I use Infestation primary and either WESS or FB offhand.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 07-03-2018, 07:37 AM
Planar Protector

Infestation + Frostbringer = velious warrior starter kit.

Before you get the infestation the venomous axe of the velium brood is a strong fashion choice (double axe) but be warned its not really an aggro weapon.

Don't get 2x obsidian shards, they will never stand up to threat from other late Kunark / velious weapons. They were barely passable early Kunark! There is an argument too offhand one from 16-20ish though.
Last edited by Jimjam; 07-03-2018 at 07:39 AM..
Old 07-03-2018, 07:40 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiouxNation [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Venom axe look has always struck me as ugly
It's definitely the low res redheaded stepchild
Old 07-03-2018, 07:45 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Infestation + Frostbringer = velious warrior starter kit.

Before you get the infestation the venomous axe of the velium brood is a strong fashion choice (double axe) but be warned its not really an aggro weapon.

Don't get 2x obsidian shards, they will never stand up to threat from other late Kunark / velious weapons. They were barely passable early Kunark! There is an argument too offhand one from 16-20ish though.
Thanks for the update to my buying list fam
Old 07-03-2018, 08:19 AM
Sarnak

How does the mid level threat weapons like the Scorpis claw, Skean and Ykesha Scimitar stack up these days? Is it even worth sitting around kith for the scimitar, for example?
Old 07-03-2018, 08:38 AM
Planar Protector

Scorpikis has a very high threat proc but a disappointing ratio. When it procs it’s very good. When it doesn’t proc or before it procs, it’s no bueno. But ... if you don’t strike out on proc luck it will hold threat better than much higher ratio proc weapons that people use well into their 50s.

Skean is in a similar boat.

For those on a budget I’d recommend buying a frostbringer and relying on melee damage until it starts to proc. 50+ FB paired with offhand 14/28 snare whip should yield solid aggro on a tight budget.

Regarding infestation being the ‘starter kit’ ... I’d disagree. If it were not commonplace to dump mallet charges or puppet string charges on engage (a strictly p99 phenomenon), you’d see this weapon used by endgame raid tanks on raids. Infestation, with how poison counters work in this era, is higher primary hand threat than anything you’ll find raiding velious. The VP sword is close, but a little behind. I’m pretty sure WESS is the only weapon clearly stronger.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 07-03-2018, 09:15 AM
Planar Protector

I meant more starter kit as essential for any beginning velious warrior.

I don't want to diwntalk the infestation.

I have just remembered it isn't a tenapenny drop anymore. Starter kit no longer?
Old 07-03-2018, 11:44 AM
Fire Giant

What about budget iksar armor choices? Are you just SoL if you're in your 40-50s without 50k banked?
Old 07-03-2018, 12:05 PM
Planar Protector

Jarsath scale? True silver? Rygor chain? Trooper scale? Legionnaire scale? Berserker?
Old 07-03-2018, 12:07 PM
Fire Giant

Oh snap, I didn't know about half of those, and I thought I actually looked through the wiki and stuff. Thanks!
Closed Thread