Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2018, 10:33 AM
Planar Protector

My 100% accurate prediction of the economy's future: Green Goblin Skins and Mt. Death Mineral Salts will go from being virtually worthless to being almost virtually worthless, but with a small amount of value.

Warren Buffett has nothing on me.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 07-08-2018, 10:54 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My 100% accurate prediction of the economy's future: Green Goblin Skins and Mt. Death Mineral Salts will go from being virtually worthless to being almost virtually worthless, but with a small amount of value.

Warren Buffett has nothing on me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg giphy (1).jpg (19.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-08-2018, 11:03 AM
Planar Protector

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Based on their current timeline, that should be around 2022-2023.
Pantheon should be out right after Star Citizen.
Old 07-08-2018, 12:28 PM
Fire Giant

Most shit will continue to drop in price besides the things specifically targeted by price manipulators.

When Chardok 2.0 is released most of that stuff will be ridiculously priced for the first few weeks then drop a lot since it will be perma-farmed 24/7 especially once the people that have already grinded faction realize how bottlenecked the Spirit Wracked Cord quest will be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baylan295 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
MQ prices for anything rare or competitive will continue to increase (Earth staff, cough). Things like JBoots, Thurg or SS armor will decrease as the amount farmed continues to exceed the demand
I don't know, Sirfloppin was trying to sell Earth Staff for like 1.5 million then 800k, but a few weeks ago a guy was selling one for 325k. Just aren't that many mages that have 1+ million plat to throw around that don't already have an epic.
Old 07-08-2018, 02:12 PM
Planar Protector

bread lines, EC tunnel fatcats making beds out of fungi tunics
Old 07-08-2018, 02:15 PM
Planar Protector

P99 doesn't have a traditional economy. people pay based on perception of an items value. Not any realistic economic value(s).
This is why the server is flooded with fungi tunics but they're still 45k a pop in ec. it's lame.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 07-08-2018, 03:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People who think platinum will become less valuable or worthless will have realized that recharge costs will keep platinum valuable forever, ensuring a sound economy, in the same way taxes do.
A wise wood elf druid once told me "plat is useless until you spend it"
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 07-08-2018, 04:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
P99 doesn't have a traditional economy. people pay based on perception of an items value. Not any realistic economic value(s).
This is why the server is flooded with fungi tunics but they're still 45k a pop in ec. it's lame.
That sounds like a traditional economy to me.

There is tons and tons of fungis but it's an incredibly useful item which is why it commands it's price. There's tons of fungis but there's also a soft cap of how many appear each day. At most 3-4 drop a day. Probably more likely 1-2, closer to 1. If 10 dropped a day it would most likely only command 5-10k or something if that. If 1 dropped a week it would probably be worth exponentially more like 400k(the rarer items get the bigger the premium).

In real economies, projected futures matter. It's why the economy surged after Trump got elected.... and we live in a real economy. The reason it surged was expected future conditions. This is the same reason things like CoS increase in value over time. The expected future is less CoS in the market thus the price rises now in expectation.
Old 07-08-2018, 04:23 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teppler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

There is tons and tons of fungis but it's an incredibly useful item which is why it commands it's price. There's tons of fungis but there's also a soft cap of how many appear each day. At most 3-4 drop a day. Probably more likely 1-2, closer to 1. If 10 dropped a day it would most likely only command 5-10k or something if that. If 1 dropped a week it would probably be worth exponentially more like 400k(the rarer items get the bigger the premium).

In real economies, projected futures matter. It's why the economy surged after Trump got elected.... and we live in a real economy. The reason it surged was expected future conditions. This is the same reason things like CoS increase in value over time. The expected future is less CoS in the market thus the price rises now in expectation.
Also, artificial scarcity and price manipulation in the CoS's case.
Old 07-08-2018, 04:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teppler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You may want to fact check that.
P99 is all about perception. There is no ups and downs. It's all about what people magically perceive something to be valued at.
Fat cats in EC use smoke and mirrors all the time.

P99 has been online for 9 years, the last what, 6, has been kunark, last 2 velious. So don't feed me some line about daily limit. You and I both know people poop sock fungis.
There is over 10k active fungis per month on the server. I wish the staff would just release the stats.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 07-08-2018 at 04:31 PM..
Closed Thread