Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 10-04-2023, 07:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salaryman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
whats the point of getting items on blue, you can kill all the bosses in velious with kunark items. Might aswell be playing barbie dress up island adventure because your pixels are useless.
This point comes up a lot and it's retarded; when plane of fear first opens, you can kill all the bosses without having any gear from plane of fear, therefor why ever go to plane of fear? You can beat the stuff there without already having any of the gear from it after all.

P99 being velious locked isn't an answer, btw, cause there was never a guarantee of even the first much less second expansion and beyond.
Old 10-04-2023, 07:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salaryman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Might aswell be playing barbie dress up island adventure because your pixels are useless.
We're not playing barbie dress up island aventure?
Old 10-04-2023, 07:55 PM
Banned

When X condition occurs, your accomplishments in everquest no longer matter. Before that though, they totally matter!
Old 11-22-2023, 05:24 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelld52 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I had this clarified to me by a GM a few months ago. Camp claim requires the following:

- Camp is clear of mobs.
- Maintain a constant presence.

GM also said that if you have partially cleared a camp, and then another group comes down and finishes clearing before you - they have rights to the camp.

So you can't just look at a camp and then tell everyone else stay away because you saw it first. Gotta do the work first to claim it.
I had "good guys" report me for "taking their camp" by killing a mob that was up for 10 minutes. The room was packed, the hallway packed, and they were in another room!

They even gave me a "Do you know who I am?"
Old 11-22-2023, 07:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqravenprince [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In my opinion, this rule is wrong. A camp has to be started somehow. This is ridiculous if you believe this is ok and within "play nice policy". I sincerely hope next time you start a camp a full group comes in and clears the rest of it and claims it. Karma is a bitch.
I know this thread just got necroed but I didn't notice this post before and this is correct.

RNG guarantees you cannot have every single mob in a camp down immediately upon spawn 100% of the time if it's even remotely a challenging camp. This would be a totally ridiculous standard to require of people and a nightmare for gms to enforce.

I think a sensible rule is: If a camp contains say 10 mobs, you have to clear them and be able to kill the first respawn within a couple minutes of it spawning. If you can't maintain that rough schedule and somebody more capable wants the camp, you should move on.

But rabid hyper focusing on whether somebody is perfectly min\maxing a camp so you can slip in and snipe it when they fumble for two seconds is retarded.
Old 11-22-2023, 09:07 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We're not playing barbie dress up island aventure?
Elf fashionquest Norrath adventure edition.
Old 11-22-2023, 09:23 PM
Banned

try red
Old 11-24-2023, 03:22 PM
Planar Protector

Ultimately … if people just behaved like adults this wouldn’t be a problem. Game is 24 years old and this box ain’t that much younger. If someone’s claiming to try and do a thing … just move along and let them have some fun. Those mobs/camps aren’t going anywhere.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 11-26-2023, 12:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When X condition occurs, your accomplishments in everquest no longer matter. Before that though, they totally matter!
No imaginary pixel ever mattered hope this helps
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 11-26-2023, 06:46 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelld52 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I had this clarified to me by a GM a few months ago. Camp claim requires the following:

- Camp is clear of mobs.
- Maintain a constant presence.

GM also said that if you have partially cleared a camp, and then another group comes down and finishes clearing before you - they have rights to the camp.

So you can't just look at a camp and then tell everyone else stay away because you saw it first. Gotta do the work first to claim it.
I mean personally with the "rules" the gm's have laid out it is entirely illegal to "kite" whatever you want, into whoever you want, and take whatever you want.
As long as youre a bard. So the new meta is to just make a bard and train whoever is in your way.