Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2017, 09:10 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDuck [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
shit's old now, im down to 180, i did it super unhealthy i didnt really diet as much as fast, can of soup, 1 coke type beverage a day and the rest water, weekends, grab a cheat day, after a while, not eating just became super easy. i now have to remind myself to eat. compared to being a compulsive eater. its actually funny cause they are both bad. but. I rather be skinny that some fat fuck, also i was prolly way more than 300, i just got disgusted with myself and stopped weighing myself. But yea, just got down to the 180 mark, and now going to put on the muscle back i lost while still cutting. trying to adjust my metabolism is fucking nuts tho. cant seem to get anything to work right.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Good for you dude. You probably feel much better now and not just physically.

It's extremely depressing and hard on the mind when struggling with obesity or any other crippling physical disorder/ailment.

Kudos to you.
Old 08-22-2017, 07:51 AM
Fire Giant

none of this matters if you still play eq
Old 08-22-2017, 09:12 PM
Fire Giant

fuck like a rat

How Stormwulfe saved Sezaru:Listen here: https://clyp.it/miq3u22i
Old 08-22-2017, 10:55 PM
Banned

nice Agatha congrats dude [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-23-2017, 04:58 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDuck [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
shit's old now, im down to 180, i did it super unhealthy i didnt really diet as much as fast, can of soup, 1 coke type beverage a day and the rest water, weekends, grab a cheat day, after a while, not eating just became super easy. i now have to remind myself to eat. compared to being a compulsive eater. its actually funny cause they are both bad. but. I rather be skinny that some fat fuck, also i was prolly way more than 300, i just got disgusted with myself and stopped weighing myself. But yea, just got down to the 180 mark, and now going to put on the muscle back i lost while still cutting. trying to adjust my metabolism is fucking nuts tho. cant seem to get anything to work right.
luv u kid

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 08-25-2017, 02:17 PM
Sarnak

I just started doing my wife's 21 Day Fix workout and eating plan from Beachbody - I'm 4 days in a 6 lbs lighter, I've got plenty of weight to loose. We already eat healthy, I just don't portion control or exercise, so I maintain my weight, maybe gaining 1-3 lbs / year with increased inactivity.

Has anyone done any Beachbody workouts before, saw someone mention p90x (we have a subscription to their on demand program). I am looking to loose weight and reduce calorie intake, so far the menus and eating plan have been great, good choices, easy to follow. Going from 0 activity to 30 mins/day seems to be a nice kick start.

At this point, I'll stop checking the scale and limit that to maybe once per month. I don't really care about the number as long as it's going down. I also don't care much about building muscle per say, if its a byproduct great, if not, don't care.

My wife has had tremendous success in the past year or so of doing these programs, my turn to catch up.

Any other tips/suggestions?
60 Iksar Monk
20 Halfling Druid

=== OMNI ===
Old 08-25-2017, 03:12 PM
Planar Protector

That eating plan/workout looks great honestly. There's an 8 week version of it as well which I might give a go. Still find it hard to cut out soda completely and not a fan of drinking water which might be the hardest bit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I'd definitely recommend cardio workouts to keep the numbers dropping. Whether its on the the treadmill (whatever motivates you, time/distance/calorie count), swimming until your arms/legs don't want to move anymore, or (as you Americans say) things like "jumping jacks" along with sets of burpees etc at home just to get your heart rate going.

Whatever you add, try to commit an hour to it - if that seems hard and isnt swimming, add music to help the minutes go by ^^
Old 08-25-2017, 03:19 PM
Planar Protector

I'm a stickler for tracking nutrient consumption (maybe because I'm OCD). Knowing that I'm tracking helps remind me not to overeat or eat poorly when the opportunity exists. It has also educated me on what is good and what is bad. Sometimes I'll go "wow, I can eat a ton of that" or othertimes "oh snit, that was twice the calories I thought and I'm still hungry".

I use myfitnesspal.com for my tracking.
Old 08-25-2017, 04:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raavak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I use myfitnesspal.com for my tracking.
My fitness pal is awesome, and I still use it to track my calories when I fast. However, personally I've found a much better metric than calories (and/or fat, and/or carbs, and/or ...): glycemic index. My fitness pal doesn't have it, but you can find the glycemic index of most foods by googling "that food glycemic index".

Every food has an index from 1 to 100, where 100 is foods like pure sugar that your body can pretty much digest instantly, and 1 is foods like leaves that your body has to work super hard to extract calories from. Just eat as much as you want of anything below 50, only eat stuff about 50 rarely, and if you can help it never eat anything above 70. It's that simple.

When I first started I summarized it as: no white flour/bread (only whole wheat), no white rice (only brown rice), and no white, brown, or any other color sugar. Just doing that much gets you 80-90% there

The cool part is it works on two levels. First, when you eat high glycemic index foods you get a "sugar rush" (because your body digests them into sugar quickly), and those sugar rushes result in fat (because your body thinks "wow I've got all this extra sugar, better save it for an emergency"). In other words, it's less about how many calories you eat all day, and more about how many calories your body extracts and sends out at any given moment. Low glycemic index foods take longer to digest, so your body only sends out the sugar from them slowly.

But the second part is your hunger. Eating high glycemic index foods really does get your body "addicted" to sugar. If you can cut out that sugar (and similar high glycemic index foods like white rice) from your diet, you'll see a VERY noticeable difference in your hunger levels after a few weeks, and it definitely results in weight loss.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 08-30-2017, 03:13 AM
Planar Protector

Closed Thread