Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2019, 10:46 PM
Aviak

Nah you're thinking of gacha games
Old 09-25-2019, 12:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's funny you bring this up.... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
YES! The classic blindness is so immersive. It really felt like a boon to get infravision or ultravision. It gives a real purpose to lightsource items and the summon spells that make them will be used again!
Old 09-25-2019, 02:21 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostCow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think if we did a poll we'd find that it's not a minority. I know EQ has always been a game for masochists but I just find it hard to imagine that people actually want and enjoy things like blind medding and hybrid xp penalties.
Making a game based on what the 'majority' thinks based on 'polls' would really, really suck.

If you want an easy-mode game that appeals to the masses and polls really well, go play WoW or some other trash.
Last edited by GnomeCaptain; 09-25-2019 at 02:31 AM..
Old 09-25-2019, 02:59 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostCow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think if we did a poll we'd find that it's not a minority. I know EQ has always been a game for masochists but I just find it hard to imagine that people actually want and enjoy things like blind medding and hybrid xp penalties.
Listening to the majority is why modern EQ is terrible.
Old 09-25-2019, 03:01 AM
Aviak

Jesus christ, why do so many people think I'm calling for freaking democracy? I'm responding to the fact that PabloEdvardo said the people against it are a vocal minority. You guys need to work on your reading comprehension and stop reading into shit people didn't say.
Old 09-25-2019, 04:21 AM
Fire Giant

I actually think Green99 is gonna be a failure once the honeymoon phase passes; due to the lack and outright removal of so many QOL features. Lotta players are gonna head back to Blue before they even hit level 20!

We enjoyed classic EQ in spite of its problems and limitations not because of them.
Last edited by Vizax_Xaziv; 09-25-2019 at 04:25 AM..
Old 09-25-2019, 06:39 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfcell [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The problem with this is it isn't something that will just go away. If memory serves the spellbook to level 35 thing was in EQ until just before the release of Luclin. If this is implemented, it will be the case for then entire life of the server. Every mana based character, forever will have to do this.

I get that it's classic, but it's boring, and shitty, and an irritating roadblock to the enjoyment of the game. It's also purposeless, there is no benefit, no added enjoyment, and no good reason why it was ever included in the first place.

You might think it's cool, for the novelty, but two and a half years from now when you are still staring at your spellbook on your new cleric alt, a class which does nothing but med, at all times, you are going to be pretty damn tired of it.

If the devs decide to put this in, there is nothing we can do about it, but for the love of god dont encourage this. I go camping to get the feeling of roughing it back in the old days, but I don't give myself dysentery just for added realism.
This. As a caster who had to go through that once... with Hell levels...FFFF that.

I would rather not play than have to go through that again. The amount of deaths you get from not being able to see roamers in EC alone would make you want to rage quit.
Old 09-25-2019, 06:43 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Hefe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Listening to the majority is why modern EQ is terrible.
Um. EQ just had it's 20th anniversary, so your "terrible" analysis is purely your opinion. Tens of thousands of people disagree with you or EQ would not exist.

Listening to the majority is NOT why EQ lost so many people. The majority was not calling for WoW... the MINORITY was...but Sony saw that as the cash grab because of WoW's popularity with kids so they went that direction to attract back more subs that they were bleeding.

When you make uninformed statements, expect backlash.
Old 09-25-2019, 06:45 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake81 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They changed a lot of things that soured players who were into it for reasons like this. They added autoteleporters because having a couple classes that could teleport people around in the RPG setting just didn't cut it for high speed raiding video game. Far more convenient to click a pedestal.

Anything else?
And those changes were good for EVERYONE except 2 classes. Only druids and wizards didn't like SoL and PoP changes. Should we ignore 10 classes for the sake of 2?
Old 09-25-2019, 06:47 AM
Orc

Quote:
We all know the game went to crap around Luclin. That's why were here. We are discussing a mechanic that was changed in Velious era. You know, the time when EQ was at it's best?
No, we don't. Most players stuck it out through PoP because PoP rocked hardcore. SoL was an awesome experience, too. Velious was good, but hardly the best. If what you are saying was true, the mass exodus would have occurred at Luclin. It didn't. It occurred at GoD.
Closed Thread