Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2019, 08:34 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraznor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This isn't what you originally posted. The original post showed no vision at all, like launch was.
Yeah, but he already posted saying that wasn't going to be forced on Green:
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s....php?p=2965963
Old 09-25-2019, 08:35 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurl [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can we still use the default skin instead of that skin on Green? I really dislike the weird transparent border around the spellbook on the "velious" skin. I keep hearing that we'll be locked into the "velious UI", but I don't know if that's the same thing as the skin.
Which one is the default skin?
Old 09-25-2019, 08:37 AM
Planar Protector

They can't really lock us into the Velious UI until we can move the chat windows without having to switch to the default UI........right?
Old 09-25-2019, 08:40 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake81 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Which one is the default skin?
With a newish install of P99, \Everquest\uifiles\ has "default", "default_old", and "velious". Here's a quick random shot: https://i.imgur.com/UkBm6OW.png
Old 09-25-2019, 08:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They can't really lock us into the Velious UI until we can move the chat windows without having to switch to the default UI........right?
In the aftermath of the extra hotbar/pet window patch he claimed they would be doing exactly that. Or at least that green would have no custom UI's. Assumption being that velious is what we would get, not clear if reverting to old style velious with only six hotbuttons/macro slots.

Maybe its that default instead of velious? But that seems to include more out of era stuff than the velious version. What is default_old?

Based on the Rogean screen shot it looks more like velious UI is what he's talking about, since that's his example of how medding on green would look.
Last edited by Fammaden; 09-25-2019 at 08:55 AM..
Old 09-25-2019, 08:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In the aftermath of the extra hotbar/pet window patch he claimed they would be doing exactly that. Or at least that green would have no custom UI's. Assumption being that velious is what we would get, not clear if reverting to old style velious with only six hotbuttons/macro slots.

Maybe its that default instead of velious? But that seems to include more out of era stuff than the velious version. What is default_old?

Based on the Rogean screen shot it looks more like velious UI is what he's talking about, since that's his example of how medding on green would look.
The default UI is POP UI, I know that. The Velious UI is close to the original, but still wrong.

But.....I need to have separate chat windows! You currently cannot do that if you are stuck on the Velious UI only.
Old 09-25-2019, 10:40 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But.....I need to have separate chat windows! You currently cannot do that if you are stuck on the Velious UI only.
Just checked on blue, you can definitely make a second chat window using Velious UI. Not sure if that's getting turned off for green.
Old 09-25-2019, 10:53 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just checked on blue, you can definitely make a second chat window using Velious UI. Not sure if that's getting turned off for green.
Well, maybe I spoke out of term here. THe issue isn't that you cannot create a new chat window, the issue is that you cannot move any of the chat windows unless you go back to the default UI, move them to your desired location, and then switch back to the Velious UI.
Old 09-25-2019, 10:57 AM
Planar Protector

Oh ok, you can at least expand and contract them to line up windows at the bottom side by side, but I see what you mean now.

I had seen others speculating after the path that they could disable the ability to create a second chat window completely for green if multiple chat windows weren't available during the timeline.
Old 09-25-2019, 11:05 AM
Banned

Quote:
Oh ok, you can at least expand and contract them to line up windows at the bottom side by side, but I see what you mean now.

I had seen others speculating after the path that they could disable the ability to create a second chat window completely for green if multiple chat windows weren't available during the timeline.
Kunark-Velious UI in action

iirc to med during this time it would switch back over to the classic UI with the spellbook. Perhaps someone who knows for certain will comment.
Closed Thread