Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 01:05 PM
Banned

Default Apologies to Abacab

I've been thinking about Abacab this morning and I'd like to make a public apology to him here.

I disagree with much of Abacab's behavior in game and on the forums. I think I have every right to call him out and/or ridicule his posts and antics.

However, I think I went over the line in bringing up anything about his real life. The path to becoming a professional musician is insanely difficult with almost incomprehensible levels of competition along the way. If this is his life's dream, I wish him well. It is crude and inappropriate for me to ridicule his ambitions because I don't like the way he plays a video game. It's also absurd for me to dismiss any talent he may have without ever hearing a single note he has sung, played or written.

Similarly, it is none of my business if Abacab has a trust fund. I wish I had one, but I'm not from money and I have to earn my own way in the world. My reaction to his claims of a comfortable life with little effort was obviously spiteful jealousy.

I don't think I took part in the negative comments about the picture he posted of his girlfriend. I think it's fair game to dress him up with the haystack but I think bashing on his girlfriend's appearance is also over the line. If I did have any part in it, that was inappropriate as well.

Abacab, I sincerely apologize for anything I've written, whether explicit or implied, about your life outside Project 1999. It was inappropriate and I'll do my best to avoid anything like this regarding life out of game with you and everyone else. I don't expect any sort of quid pro quo in this matter--I'm sure I'll continue taking a beating for everything imaginable on these forums from you and others--but I need to be proud of my own words and actions.
Old 06-18-2010, 01:09 PM
Sarnak

I don't know who you are or what you are referring to, but your apology was well written. You deserve, perhaps, icecream.
Old 06-18-2010, 01:09 PM
Planar Protector

yay!
Old 06-18-2010, 01:23 PM
Banned

Abacab post your music
Old 06-18-2010, 01:26 PM
Planar Protector

Thread has been rated.

I respect this.
Old 06-18-2010, 01:29 PM
Planar Protector

Real Apology:

"I'm sorry for the things I've said"

Fake Backhanded Non-Apology:

"You suck. I'm sorry for bringing up your trust fund. TRUST FUND!!!! I'm sorry my life of hardship and work didn't prepare me to deal with your entitled, lazy, shiftless ass. I'm sorry your girlfriend is ugly too. I didn't say anything originally but I wanted to bring it up here so everyone can search for the post. Sorry again!"
Old 06-18-2010, 01:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Real Apology:

"I'm sorry for the things I've said"

Fake Backhanded Non-Apology:

"You suck. I'm sorry for bringing up your trust fund. TRUST FUND!!!! I'm sorry my life of hardship and work didn't prepare me to deal with your entitled, lazy, shiftless ass. I'm sorry your girlfriend is ugly too. I didn't say anything originally but I wanted to bring it up here so everyone can search for the post. Sorry again!"
I said what I meant. I don't know if Abacab has a trust fund. It's none of my business whether he does or not and I already admitted that my reaction was spiteful jealousy. I don't think there's anything wrong with his girlfriend's appearance and if she were ugly it would be even more inappropriate for anyone to remark upon her appearance.

My apology was and is sincere and I resent you implying otherwise. I play too many video games and sometimes I like to criticize and argue among myriad other personal faults and shortcomings, but I do genuinely try to be a good man.
Old 06-18-2010, 01:54 PM
Planar Protector

flame/nerd rage/horseshit forum behavior aside

you've presented yourself wholly and as the bigger man

/clap
Old 06-18-2010, 01:55 PM
Aviak

...must... not...

I CAN'T RESIST:

COOL STORY BRO
Old 06-18-2010, 01:58 PM
Banned

Im starting a gamble pool. How many posts before this is moved to R&F?
Closed Thread