Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2015, 12:56 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by minakto [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can the staff just, you know, send the person a message ingame before they ban accounts? It takes weeks if not months to get replies about account issues and they use it to foster communication between staff/players?

This entire thread has left a bad taste in my mouth.
Kinda how it is I guess, P99 players basically have been told to always have logs running because they'll ban you first then ask questions later.
Old 08-27-2015, 12:57 AM
VIP / Contributor

I am just stating the practice when I was around. Many people won't respond at all, and forces the hand of the staff to lock down the accounts. Some people log off for a few days at a time, and you can never get a hold of them. So we would lock it down. They respond then. Whatever happened to this dude I have no idea.
Old 08-27-2015, 12:57 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workshop35 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
hes talking about his stream cool guy
Why would you take anyone holding and massaging Zack Effrons balls seriously?
Old 08-27-2015, 12:58 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambrotos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am just stating the practice when I was around. Many people won't respond at all, and forces the hand of the staff to lock down the accounts. Some people log off for a few days at a time, and you can never get a hold of them. So we would lock it down. They respond then. Whatever happened to this dude I have no idea.
Glad some light is shone on this even though it's a ridiculous practice. "Hmm got some questions to ask Redjamz, better ban all his accounts and make him petition so I can talk to him instead of sending a pm ingame, on the forums or at his twitch!"

And people wonder why bans are seen as a joke here?
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danary [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why would you take anyone holding and massaging Zack Effrons balls seriously?
zack effrons balls are serious business
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by minakto [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can the staff just, you know, send the person a message ingame before they ban accounts? It takes weeks if not months to get replies about account issues and they use it to foster communication between staff/players?

I can confirm this be false. One of my accounts was flagged for RMT(was a blue/red trade) and it took maybe 3 hours to fix - 10 whole minutes passed between showing my logs and having my account released.
Old 08-27-2015, 01:00 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokesan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can confirm this be false. One of my accounts was flagged for RMT(was a blue/red trade) and it took maybe 3 hours to fix - 10 whole minutes passed between showing my logs and having my account released.
Which GM/staff member handled it? Some staff seems to go through their petitions in minutes while others take months.
Old 08-27-2015, 01:00 AM
Former Guide

Quote:

Actually, when I do a wave like this I have a list of like 50 accounts. To get on that list, we're already pretty damn confident that something is fishy. I just don't have an easy way to check each and every account to see if they are online before I ban.

And as I mentioned, if they've made it this far it's likely something is fishy.

Then, I set aside about 2 hours of my time, and I do the ban wave. For the next 2 hours I'm literally spamming refresh in the petitions forum for any possible false positives.

We are human, we do make mistakes, and I try to undo any false bans as quickly as possible.

http://www.twitch.tv/redwjamz/v/12676362?t=40:10
Old 08-27-2015, 01:02 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braknar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Actually, when I do a wave like this I have a list of like 50 accounts. To get on that list, we're already pretty damn confident that something is fishy. I just don't have an easy way to check each and every account to see if they are online before I ban.

And as I mentioned, if they've made it this far it's likely something is fishy.

Then, I set aside about 2 hours of my time, and I do the ban wave. For the next 2 hours I'm literally spamming refresh in the petitions forum for any possible false positives.

We are human, we do make mistakes, and I try to undo any false bans as quickly as possible.

http://www.twitch.tv/redwjamz/v/12676362?t=40:10
Ah, thanks Braknar. I didn't realize it was a "mass wave." That makes sense.
Old 08-27-2015, 01:02 AM
VIP / Contributor

Rogean doesn't give a fuck what someone is ranting about. There were plenty of times he would jump on the staffs ass for some trivial ass banning. I remember Deru talking about banning someone for talking shit and he was put in his place real quick by Rogean.