Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2015, 01:12 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braknar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Actually, when I do a wave like this I have a list of like 50 accounts. To get on that list, we're already pretty damn confident that something is fishy. I just don't have an easy way to check each and every account to see if they are online before I ban.

And as I mentioned, if they've made it this far it's likely something is fishy.

Then, I set aside about 2 hours of my time, and I do the ban wave. For the next 2 hours I'm literally spamming refresh in the petitions forum for any possible false positives.

We are human, we do make mistakes, and I try to undo any false bans as quickly as possible.

http://www.twitch.tv/redwjamz/v/12676362?t=40:10
Wind back 5 minutes and he's helping complete a shaman epic, the payment is probably for MQ'ing that tear though it's dangerous to assume.

I'd ban MQs myself, the shit a legit rogue has to go through to complete his own epic (fighting with 3-4 fat cats at the Lake Rathe part etc) is ridiculous and not in the classic spirit.
Old 08-27-2015, 01:17 AM
VIP / Contributor

I think the worst part is that the mob under the world could have been fixed in like 3 seconds lol.
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambrotos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think the worst part is that the mob under the world could have been fixed in like 3 seconds lol.
guessing not every guide has the power to move/spawn things.

Halloween 2015 event: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/23440971

PL service
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=313502
Former Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wind back 5 minutes and he's helping complete a shaman epic, the payment is probably for MQ'ing that tear though it's dangerous to assume.

I'd ban MQs myself, the shit a legit rogue has to go through to complete his own epic (fighting with 3-4 fat cats at the Lake Rathe part etc) is ridiculous and not in the classic spirit.
You may absolutely be right.

We found that video after I already had the account flagged for other reasons.

You may be right, but again, like I said. I'd set aside a decent chunk of my time, and I'm still watching the petitions forum for any false positives.
Old 08-27-2015, 01:19 AM
Kobold

He's been streaming himself killing for tears in pofear and mqing them for the last bunch of weeks.
Old 08-27-2015, 01:26 AM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleris [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
guessing not every guide has the power to move/spawn things.
/summon is basic. All staff accounts have that. Same thing with going to something, I think #goto ? Shit, it's been so long I can't even remember. It just all depends on what's happening. A very easy petition could be at the bottom of 200+ petitions. If you only have one guide on in 2 days, there is no way in hell that guide will finish even half of them.

The staff here goes out of the way to fix all situations pretty much, unlike live. If CSR was limited to how live was, the expectations for staff involvement would go down. It would also free up a lot of time so guides can commit to the time to do the petition list and players would have better interaction with the guides. I was in favor of this, but I was shot down.There are pros and cons. It just all looks like cons when not even half the CSR team is involved and helping and it's just one or two people doing anything.
Old 08-27-2015, 01:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He's been streaming himself killing for tears in pofear and mqing them for the last bunch of weeks.
Confirmed. Dude showed he had a handful of tears corpsed in fear. He MQs a bunch of them. Did someone buy plat and then hand it to him for a tear MQ?

If so, it's totally understandable ban that could easily be sorted out if he would bother to be an adult... but alas.....
Old 08-27-2015, 01:30 AM
Former Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pringles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Confirmed. Dude showed he had a handful of tears corpsed in fear. He MQs a bunch of them. Did someone buy plat and then hand it to him for a tear MQ?

If so, it's totally understandable ban that could easily be sorted out if he would bother to be an adult... but alas.....
So I've looked more into the logs, and they support the theory that he was selling a shaman epic MQ.

I agree, this could have been handled in seconds, literally seconds. I have been here all evening watching for petitions to come in.

Despite what he said I still plan to release his account, though I would really like to talk with him before I do.
Old 08-27-2015, 01:31 AM
Fire Giant

http://www.twitch.tv/redwjamz/v/12907148?t=10h10m47s

Found the source of the butt hurt.
Old 08-27-2015, 01:32 AM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

http://rustledjimmies.com/

Let us all click the link and behold.
Closed Thread