Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2015, 11:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzzarTheGod [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Uthgaard was removed on "good" terms. He was also full GM. Big difference from a guide. Can't remember if Sirken was lead CSR during the uthgaard era or not. Would have made uthgaard a subordinate GM.
I don't really recall sirken being a GM back then. The only GMs/guides I ever had contact with back then was bort, uthgard, xzerion, and a GM whose name started with an H, like hobby?
Old 09-30-2015, 11:24 PM
Banned

moregan was the coolest GM

rip dishonorable duels on red
Old 09-30-2015, 11:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandAONgo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
moregan was the coolest GM

rip dishonorable duels on red
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-30-2015, 11:32 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bktroost [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm 5 years on the server, I've never had a single interaction with him... Or any guide/GM other than Eunomia, Deru and Sirken.
I'll tell your mother on you. Shame, Shame! Such lies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanderklocke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why do guides never post why they were removed or left?

I mean really if there was some sort of corruption or internal faults, it would be pretty darn easy to post about it on an external site and share it with people via tells in game. This is why I'm always skeptical of the internal corruption rumors.

Greengrocer, to be honest, I always thought your role playing of selling food items in the tunnel was pretty weird, but I hope you have fun doing something else.
The guides/gms who are no longer around leave on bad terms. So they hang their head and go. I think Zade and myself are the only ones who weren't fired/removed. I know I just moved on for my own reasons. Being a guide is the same shit as having a job in real life. There are politics, frustration, supervisors you don't always agree with, overbearing work load that has a tendency to never get done, and just the feeling you are beating your head against the wall. Interaction with the players and doing small things like illusions between petitions and having people chat you up because of it is pretty much the most rewarding part.

Yet you players know how most of the server acts, so it can be rare to have a great conversation with people you are helping. You get so pumped you clean out petitions in game, and get like 50 IP exemptions done ( shit takes a long time. Typing #ipexempt char 321723984, hot keys don't work for it unless you tab back to #ipexempt. Still time consuming to do that also) and you turn around and some dude is fishing real life information about you, or just being a total pain in the ass to other players. It's a drain. Some people can take it for a long period of time, others can't, and the ones left are the ones who really who are afk anyways and it doesn't bother them since they don't get their hands dirty.

Unless the ip exemption stuff has changed, and it should, I think that will be one of the major flaws for guides. It's the number 1 time consuming action a guide can do ( a lot more goes into it other than the in game command). The leeway for petitionable items is also a drain. There is a reason why Sirken has almost 200 petitions only he can do. I would rather be told tough shit, you dropped items on your own, than have my petition sit for the next 4 months without any response. Of course Sirken is the only one allowed to since Deru shit the bed and most likely won't be another GM with database access again.

Yes it's a thankless job. Yes guides/gm spend their free time doing it. There is also a reasonable notion that there should be a reasonable response to issues, and not cry about " omgerhhhed we don't get paid. You wanted the position, you got it. That's your incentive.

There are good and bad things. Things can always be improved.

Also, I had a guy who owned a company offer body armor/fun stuff for when I was deployed. So there are some great people on this server, there are also a lot of debby downers. I hope this cleared it up for you.
Last edited by Ambrotos; 09-30-2015 at 11:50 PM..
Old 09-30-2015, 11:43 PM
Planar Protector

Moregan and Derupal were awesome people who got tired of sticking to the narrative,

Sad to see them go, really wonder what the actual reason was for leaving
Old 09-30-2015, 11:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fame [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Moregan and Derupal were awesome people who got tired of sticking to the narrative,

Rogean
Old 09-30-2015, 11:45 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fame [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

If you were sad to see derubael go then you really have no idea why hes gone
Old 09-30-2015, 11:46 PM
Planar Protector

No one gives a shit about blue pal, let men be men
Old 10-01-2015, 12:04 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
No one gives a shit about blue pal, let men be men
guess talking about your e-hero struck a nerve huh
Old 10-01-2015, 12:11 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambrotos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'll tell your mother on you. Shame, Shame! Such lies.

The guides/gms who are no longer around leave on bad terms. So they hang their head and go. I think Zade and myself are the only ones who weren't fired/removed. I know I just moved on for my own reasons. Being a guide is the same shit as having a job in real life. There are politics, frustration, supervisors you don't always agree with, overbearing work load that has a tendency to never get done, and just the feeling you are beating your head against the wall. Interaction with the players and doing small things like illusions between petitions and having people chat you up because of it is pretty much the most rewarding part.

Yet you players know how most of the server acts, so it can be rare to have a great conversation with people you are helping. You get so pumped you clean out petitions in game, and get like 50 IP exemptions done ( shit takes a long time. Typing #ipexempt char 321723984, hot keys don't work for it unless you tab back to #ipexempt. Still time consuming to do that also) and you turn around and some dude is fishing real life information about you, or just being a total pain in the ass to other players. It's a drain. Some people can take it for a long period of time, others can't, and the ones left are the ones who really who are afk anyways and it doesn't bother them since they don't get their hands dirty.

Unless the ip exemption stuff has changed, and it should, I think that will be one of the major flaws for guides. It's the number 1 time consuming action a guide can do ( a lot more goes into it other than the in game command). The leeway for petitionable items is also a drain. There is a reason why Sirken has almost 200 petitions only he can do. I would rather be told tough shit, you dropped items on your own, than have my petition sit for the next 4 months without any response. Of course Sirken is the only one allowed to since Deru shit the bed and most likely won't be another GM with database access again.

Yes it's a thankless job. Yes guides/gm spend their free time doing it. There is also a reasonable notion that there should be a reasonable response to issues, and not cry about " omgerhhhed we don't get paid. You wanted the position, you got it. That's your incentive.

There are good and bad things. Things can always be improved.

Also, I had a guy who owned a company offer body armor/fun stuff for when I was deployed. So there are some great people on this server, there are also a lot of debby downers. I hope this cleared it up for you.
This sounds just like being a restaurant owner.....
Closed Thread