Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2019, 10:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vormotus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Talking of this, food types are implemented already? I leveled my gnome rogue from 1 to 20 in 2 weeks on a couple of muffins ... is that normal?

Someone told me gnomes being smaller eat less ... so this piqued my curiosity
It would be a racial thing, not size. Pretty sure halflings eat faster than the other races.

-Mcoy
Old 11-17-2019, 11:30 PM
Fire Giant

So, I really have only ever played in windowed mode. In green, in EC at night for example, it's fairly dark, even with a fire beetle eye. However, it's playable.

I just got a new monitor. If anything, it's slightly brighter settings wise. In EQ in windowed mode at night, with a fire beetle eye, it's literally unplayable. I can barely see movement. In full screen though, it's perfectly fine- maybe even brighter than windowed on my old monitor.

Any thoughts on this? I hate playing full screen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-17-2019, 11:50 PM
Aviak

Try increasing desktop gamma
Old 11-18-2019, 02:07 AM
Large Rat

this dude gone? we nerfin candles?
Old 11-18-2019, 10:42 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlankDiploma [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Known issues:

Fixed locally, waiting for future patch
  • Dynamic lights can cause FPS loss.
  • Dynamic lights can flicker in very crowded areas.
  • All dynamic lights are too bright
  • Starting candles are WAY too bright
Is there any timeline on this next patch?
Old 11-22-2019, 03:45 AM
Fire Giant

Guys something I began experiencing about a week ago.

FOr some reason I can play for hours without issues, but if someone upon login or after several hours sends me a tell or I try to send someone a tell, my client crashes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

has anyone else experienced this? Only happens on green, Blue and Red do not have this issue, might it be UI related?

Pretty confused about this
----------------------------------
[center]
Last edited by Vormotus; 11-22-2019 at 03:49 AM..
Old 11-22-2019, 11:04 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vormotus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Guys something I began experiencing about a week ago.

FOr some reason I can play for hours without issues, but if someone upon login or after several hours sends me a tell or I try to send someone a tell, my client crashes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

has anyone else experienced this? Only happens on green, Blue and Red do not have this issue, might it be UI related?

Pretty confused about this
You have tells going to a chat window that's in an invalid position or set to an invalid size.

-Mcoy
Old 11-22-2019, 04:02 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcoy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You have tells going to a chat window that's in an invalid position or set to an invalid size.

-Mcoy
Thank you! I managed to fix it with this input by forcing all tells to a new emerging window.

Wonder how that happens?

Thanks super big hug to you friend! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
----------------------------------
[center]
Old 11-22-2019, 04:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:

Wonder how that happens?
I can duplicate this by moving chatboxes while in full-screen mode and then switching to a windowed mode running in a different resolution. Not sure if that's how you did it though.

If you haven't done too much (or don't mind redoing) UI customization you can delete that character's UI INI file and the settings will revert to defaults. The file is in the base Everquest install location with a name like UI_<character name>_P1999Green.ini.

-Mcoy
Old 11-23-2019, 08:50 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

I'm not sure what happened, but I was fine until about a week ago. My dwarf can't see anything at night in greater faydark. Gamma's at 100 and it's the same on my laptop and an external monitor.

I looked at my wife's laptop and hers is fine at the same location. (wood elf) I'll try on another laptop today.
Closed Thread