Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2019, 10:13 PM
Planar Protector

I don't think it matters, FSI isn't a game changer for a SK whether they're soloing/grouping or standing in the tunnel.

End game you'll be a slightly better tank due to starting stats, that's about it (and you can still get there in Velious gear either way). A DE or erudite SK is roughly on par with most paladins in terms of health.
Old 11-17-2019, 10:16 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think it matters, FSI isn't a game changer for a SK whether they're soloing/grouping or standing in the tunnel.

End game you'll be a slightly better tank due to starting stats, that's about it (and you can still get there in Velious gear either way). A DE or erudite SK is roughly on par with most paladins in terms of health.
Read his arguments. He is debating the value of slam as far down as level 10. FSI is far more useful and I have died more than once due to some bad stuns while leveling. I am a DE SK.
Old 11-17-2019, 10:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graventhel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Read his arguments. He is debating the value of slam as far down as level 10. FSI is far more useful and I have died more than once due to some bad stuns while leveling. I am a DE SK.
My SK is DE also, I've never had that fine line where I've thought "oh, if only I had FSI.. I'd have survived that encounter"

If you're going to the wire on a solo engage on a mob you know is going to take you to 20% health or lower, you probably don't want to engage it, or at least FD before 10% if it's looking dicey.
Old 11-17-2019, 11:38 PM
Kobold

I’m liking my Delf so far. Shield of the Ebon is now a back item lmao. I like the look of them too, definitely a lot better than the weird legs of the Ogre.
Old 11-18-2019, 12:36 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Buy "small" banded (or bronze) on a Dark Elf. Same armor rating as as the "medium" stuff but it weighs less. That can be important on Dark Elf characters who typically don't have the greatest carry capacity. Try to carry lighter weight bags (such as 1-weight large bags vs 3-weight backpacks) for the same reason. Running around encumbered is no fun!

If you're solo it's preferable to fight things that flee at low health. The flee period reduces the amount of fearing you have to do and also gives a window where you can freely lifetap health back up if desired. Next on the preference list is undead because spook the dead is so cheap. Least desirable are non-undead that won't flee.

In groups don't be a "one button wonder." There are a lot of mediocre Shadow Knights who spam disease cloud and do little else. In ordinary situations that'll often be enough, but you can set yourself apart by using your other spells appropriately when needed. Snare-Fear is one of the most effective means of stopping casters (especially healers) in the game, for example.

Make liberal use of the pet at low levels, especially during the teens. During the teens melee output is very limited due to lacking skills and low caps of the skills you have. A pet armed with a rusty 2H will often do more damage than a player armed with a level-appropriate weapon. It's great for helping get through those dreary late-teens levels. The pet falls off in effectiveness rapidly after level 20.

Danth
P99 players should generally defer to Danth in all matters of Knightly concern.
Old 11-18-2019, 12:55 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizax_Xaziv [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
P99 players should generally defer to Danth in all matters of Knightly concern.
He really is helpful! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-18-2019, 01:00 AM
Large Rat

Who needs to interrupt npc heals and nukes anyways

Make a dark elf and loot a guise
Old 11-18-2019, 01:01 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My SK is DE also, I've never had that fine line where I've thought "oh, if only I had FSI.. I'd have survived that encounter"

If you're going to the wire on a solo engage on a mob you know is going to take you to 20% health or lower, you probably don't want to engage it, or at least FD before 10% if it's looking dicey.
I mained an Eru SK on live, but not until the very end of Velious into Luclin. It was, of course, twinked to high heaven so I didn't have any issues leveling.

Playing an SK from scratch at the launch of a fresh server, there have been many a time I wish I had FSI, especially since I am not yet 30 with FD, but not enough to actually roll an Ogre.
Old 11-18-2019, 07:50 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graventhel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mained an Eru SK on live, but not until the very end of Velious into Luclin. It was, of course, twinked to high heaven so I didn't have any issues leveling.

Playing an SK from scratch at the launch of a fresh server, there have been many a time I wish I had FSI, especially since I am not yet 30 with FD, but not enough to actually roll an Ogre.
Fashion SK. I prolly woulda picked an erudite over Delf if not for paineel not out yet.
Old 11-18-2019, 08:14 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
His argument was based around soloing in places you cannot fear.
Because it wasn't trying to have an argument. I was just stating that overlooking the importance of slam-bash while welding your highest dps weapon is a mistake a lot of people make. Not the min-max bullshit posts I see every day on here.

Sony added the ability for small races to bash with the SK Epic for a reason...because they understood the importance. Barbarians pay 5% xp for the life of the character for it ffs lol.

And for the supposedly people who "know" aka danthy to post it's not important shows how bad these boards have become. It's an ability you use in EVERY fight from 1-50. From stopping runners, stopping casters, stopping gaters, with changes to FSI on green its almost more important due to how much you use it. And you cant do it as a small race with a two-hander, which are the dps weapons of the class.

Edit- and let me just add what a fucking clown show these boards have become. The whole idea is give valid information to new SK players.
Last edited by Gatorsmash; 11-18-2019 at 08:36 PM..
Closed Thread