Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2019, 11:16 PM
Orc

Default That's enough EQ for me today

Have you all had a "that's enough EverQuest for me today" moment yet?

Mine just happened this evening. Finally hit 20 on my wizard, and as usual try to get a few "buffer" kills in case of death so I don't lose level. Well, I was one kill short.

Returned to Neriak, purchased new spells and ports. Not sure where to go at this level, so decide to test out my shiny new toys and port around and explore. Upon porting into Toxx, almost immediately killed by a roaming NPC, losing my level, ports, my life savings and all my food and drink. I run from Neriak to WC and kill a kodiak to get my level back. BUT, as I am out of food and drink, I can't regen mana to port . So I have to run to EC to beg one food and one water and finally a low level cleric took pity on me.

In the meantime, I have to have a couple local Erudites scout the area for me to ensure the mob wasn't back at spires. Upon the corpse retrieval I quickly gated back to Neriak and camped. That's enough for me today.
Old 11-07-2019, 11:19 PM
Banned

i camped a full 8 Shralok packs today... that's enough for me today
Old 11-08-2019, 12:50 AM
Fire Giant

LOL something similar happened to me on live on my wiz which was my very first character.

Whatever level you get the cazic thule port I did the same thing. As soon as I dinged I decided to just do some 'splorin. As soon as I landed in CT I got destroyed by all the lizards surrounding the portal and lost my level. I think I cried in /ooc in gfay for a bit until a higher level wiz helped me out and ported us back there to get my body. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-08-2019, 06:39 AM
Orc

bucket overflowed. made me step back and think it might be time for a few hours out of game
Old 11-08-2019, 06:43 AM
Planar Protector

The bank exists so this doesn't have to happen. Keep a few pp and maybe a spare weapon in there.
Old 11-08-2019, 01:02 PM
Skeleton

I think I saw your pleas for food and drink as I was running through EC last night, glad you were able to get some help!

This happened to me 2 nights ago, I decided to make a swim across lake rathe with my 13 shaman, with all of his gear and over 100pp on him. Well, halfway through the swim a deepwater goblin shows up out of nowhere and 2 shots me. No time to gate, and failed to get a /loc. I logged out immediately, that was definitely enough EQ for the night. Fortunately got on yesterday evening and was able to find the corpse and get all my stuff back. Not going to try and make that swim again anytime soon!
Old 11-08-2019, 02:19 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by arh555 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Have you all had a "that's enough EverQuest for me today" moment yet?
Ya, a couple days ago on my level 4 Erudite Necromancer actually.

Logged on for a bit in the morning before work. Surprisingly no one was outside Blackburrow so I summoned a pet and started attacking a gnoll. Meanwhile, some level 10 gnome strolls up and starts pulling all of the gnolls. Then he gets really abusive and starts talking mad shit to me in tells for taking "his" mobs. Mobs that he gets no benefit from killing (besides some faction/fangs, which he could get much more easily from Blackburrow).

While I was medding up and in tells trying to explain to him just how worthless he is as a human being, Niclaus Ressinn decides to wander over and boot me in the back of the head.

Back to Toxxulia Forest because I haven't found a bind in Qeynos yet.

Haven't logged back in to that character since.
Last edited by Khorza; 11-08-2019 at 02:24 PM..
Old 11-08-2019, 02:32 PM
Sarnak

Starting around Day 6 to 8 of servers existence I was having a blast raising tailoring and collecting spell mats to trade...

Then I went to EC.

I figured person X leveling there would know person Y and I would get tells while collecting some hides and empty my bags, or not, and move on.

After which I received an endless stream of argumentation for my overpriced everything and general abuse about my insulting buying prices for materials literally no one else in the zone was offering to buy. Basically the entitlement was insane and I just got fed up and started roving zones to find the sane people while ignoring the assholes. Got a lot more bear hides that way.

I logged out in disgust when I LDed on the boat as it left the docks and I logged in back at the docks though. After having waited for it just after missing it as I arrived.
Old 11-08-2019, 02:40 PM
Planar Protector

Take a break for a day. Come back fresh!
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 11-08-2019, 02:45 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by VII [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i camped a full 8 Shralok packs today... that's enough for me today
People are SICKOs at that camp. I bound there for a few days on my wizard and would travel around, check bind, and there was ALWAYS someone there. Often times, during these days, it was the same person camping them for 8+ hours.

I literally saw level 1 halflings running to this spot to pickup the bags from the person camping the mob to bank them so the camper could continue camping!

I immediately changed my bind bc it made me feel sick in the head just observing it. Im shook just remembering it... but to the point of the question. I ran my lvl 5 high elf cleric all the way over to Highpass for the Testament of Vaneer mob. Safely navigated the rough sea of flowing tears, the sandy dunes of Ro, the dark forests of Kithicor and even the vociferous Orcs along the eastern gates of the hold (with the help of an invis). I made it all the way to the Smugglers camp, no sign of Dylin, but also no other players surprisingly. I figured this was probably bc the window had just recently passed (and the captain slain) so I was preparing for a long, arduous time of waiting and competing with other neckbeards for this appealing drop. As I logged in my wizard camped in the same spot, Dylin had spawned, who's life I swiftly ended and was able to loot his pages without effort.

Enough EQ for me today [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by deadlycupcakez; 11-08-2019 at 02:52 PM..
Closed Thread