Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2019, 01:47 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Is AC working as intended?

Hello all, not sure if this is the right place to post this but was hoping someone could clear this up.

As a warrior on P1999 I have noticed as I have went through the levels that anything above a blue con has been doing significantly more damage to me regardless of AC.
At lvl 34 with an unbuffed 674 AC I can take minimal damage from blue cons in mistmoore, however as soon as I come up to a yellow con, I am taking near full damage from most hits as if I am not even wearing armor.

Is something wrong here or am I just being crazy?
Old 11-16-2019, 01:45 PM
Large Rat

That's how it works. You are considered blue to the mob so it's easier for you to get hit and get hit for higher damage
Old 11-17-2019, 12:47 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randore [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hello all, not sure if this is the right place to post this but was hoping someone could clear this up.

As a warrior on P1999 I have noticed as I have went through the levels that anything above a blue con has been doing significantly more damage to me regardless of AC.
At lvl 34 with an unbuffed 674 AC I can take minimal damage from blue cons in mistmoore, however as soon as I come up to a yellow con, I am taking near full damage from most hits as if I am not even wearing armor.

Yoyr total AC isn't used directly but is used in a complex formula before it's compared to the opponent's Attack value to determine how much damage you take.
Your AC value also have a level cap that isn't displayed anywhere, which means that a higher level creature will have a higher cap on their Attack than you're able to match with your AC so you will always have a disadvantage against a higher level opponent.
Old 11-17-2019, 01:42 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randore [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The only thing with AC that is bugged and that I can replicate are rounding errors, I think, with certain equipment items giving more AC than they list in the item info box and often an amount that varies from day to day -> Gnoll Hide Lariat immediately springs to mind.
Old 11-17-2019, 02:21 PM
Aviak

AC is basicslly useless, always has been
Old 11-17-2019, 02:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotsalem [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
AC is basicslly useless, always has been
You've been corrected on this point before and you're still making this claim. At this point you're simply lying. What for?

AC works decently on P1999, but it isn't exactly the same as it was in the original game. It was indeed broken at one time, but was fixed in 2015. This is confirmed via log parsing. In some cases the differences from "live" benefit the player (such as clothie classes, who derive better effect from armor than they did historically), in some cases it does not such as what the original poster notices.

Danth
Old 11-17-2019, 03:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You've been corrected on this point before and you're still making this claim. At this point you're simply lying. What for?

AC works decently on P1999, but it isn't exactly the same as it was in the original game. It was indeed broken at one time, but was fixed in 2015. This is confirmed via log parsing. In some cases the differences from "live" benefit the player (such as clothie classes, who derive better effect from armor than they did historically), in some cases it does not such as what the original poster notices.

Danth
I'm beginning to think he might actually be Salem.
Old 11-17-2019, 07:37 PM
Banned

AC Does not work on eq emu

( Any server )
Old 11-17-2019, 07:41 PM
Planar Protector

P1999 diverged from stock eq-emu a long time ago. AC works here. It's easily demonstrated through combat parsing, and has been. Claims to the contrary are nothing but outright lies.

Danth
Old 11-17-2019, 07:53 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
P1999 diverged from stock eq-emu a long time ago. AC works here. It's easily demonstrated through combat parsing, and has been. Claims to the contrary are nothing but outright lies.

Danth
Are these parses still available anywhere? Would be curious to see the results.
Closed Thread