Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-01-2019, 05:28 AM
Aviak

Default Enchanter for a casual player

I'm planning to play a bit of P1999 again once the green server launches.

I used to play a bard on live, but right now I can only do short sessions and have to constantly go AFK. Back in the day I was charm kiting and I simply can't go AFK for a minute and come back with the bard.
Besides that my ping on P1999 is pretty bad (300ms) and I'd rather not get carpal tunnel from the twisting.

A Necromancer would be good, but I assume the Iksar race won't be available yet when it launches and from what I read Iksar is by far the best option for a necro.

Now the enchanter is something I think I'd really enjoy playing and can solo pretty well. However I'm not so sure how "casual" friendly it is. Let's say the door bell rings is it easy to just camp and exit? Because this was impossible with the Bard back in the day. And is it a good class for short (30min) solo sessions or will the preparation for charming take up too much time?

Or would a necro be a better choice even without the iksar natural regeneration?