Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2019, 06:25 PM
Planar Protector

Lmao Loramin give it up dude. The staff just showed you how much they cared about your opinion by moving this thread to RnF lol
Old 12-01-2019, 06:27 PM
Aviak

Just deal with it.

All pet classes on Green are broken.

Move along.
Old 12-01-2019, 06:44 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by azxten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
CHA only affected initial charm cast

Quote:
RE: Charm questions Reply... By: srik,
1 posts
Posted @ Fri, Jan 4th 9:38 AM 2002 Score: Excellent[5.00]

I have read a lot of discussion regarding the effect of charisma on charm, mez, etc... Many people argue that CHA is worthless, max out int. I can only assume that they are lower level. It most certainly has a noticable effect on charms and (more importantly) mezes. However, unlike other posts, based on a limited observation, I refer you to the following:

Caster's Realm Nes Archive, November 10, 1999
http://eq.castersrealm.com/archives....99&Action=View

October 8, 1999
http://eq.castersrealm.com/archives....99&Action=View

Charisma affects the resist rate for all charm and mez-type spells (not just enchanters), and DOES affect the duration of charm. Charisma does not affect buffs.

I hope this helps.

-Srik
https://web.archive.org/web/20020124....html?class=13
Old 12-01-2019, 06:49 PM
Sarnak

You begin casting Charm.
Your charm spell has worn off.
You begin casting Charm.
You begin casting Charm.
Old 12-01-2019, 06:49 PM
Kobold

Quote:
It's getting kind of ridiculous and sad seeing this happen again.
Old 12-01-2019, 07:00 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by azxten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What is this supposed to be? I don't find the quote in your link and the links within the quote lead to nothing.

Yet.. it still doesn't matter, does it?

Enchanter charm is OP and needs to be nerfed same as Druid, Necro, Bard, and others who have had classic abilities taken away due to it being too powerful.
It's an everquest class strategy section on allakhazam that has people commenting on the enchanter class. If you look through the comments you can see the post i'm referring to which says "Charisma affects the resist rate for all charm and mez-type spells (not just enchanters), and DOES affect the duration of charm." If enchanter charm is op and too powerful then I would agree with you, i just don't think it is.
Old 12-01-2019, 08:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
What is this supposed to be? I don't find the quote in your link and the links within the quote lead to nothing.

Yet.. it still doesn't matter, does it?

Enchanter charm is OP and needs to be nerfed same as Druid, Necro, Bard, and others who have had classic abilities taken away due to it being too powerful.
Sounds like we need to call a waaaaaambulance!
Old 12-01-2019, 08:58 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostback [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If enchanter charm is op and too powerful then I would agree with you, i just don't think it is.
Nah, it's not right for one class to outdamage everyone else in a group.

And I hear on raids Chanters can do even more ridiculous thing.

It's not that Chanters are overpowered. Perfect class balance is probably impossible to achieve since peoples' opinions will always differ. You'll never please everyone.

The problem with them is that they are WILDLY overpowered. The one thing you can say in favor of the status quo is well, it's classic. Or at least, you can't prove its NOT classic.
Old 12-01-2019, 09:10 PM
Fire Giant

EQClassic is shaping up to launch in the next 12-16 months. Will be interesting to see the state of Charm on there!
Old 12-01-2019, 09:25 PM
Fire Giant

The most interesting thing here is that the "Enchanter Defense Team" constantly states "shit's Classic" as the reason for Charm not getting a nerf, while simultaneously perfectly fine w/ the non-classic nerfs to Bards, Necros, Druids and other non-Class related nerfs that we've seen on P99 (/list for example).

CHANTERS NEED A ****ING NERF!

MAKE NORRATH GREAT AGAIN!
Closed Thread