Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2019, 10:50 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When does weeks of one guild holding down a camp become zone disruption? Do gms even care/exist on green? Do gms even read this?
The camp was empty and fully spawned when I arrived Thanksgiving morning.
Old 11-28-2019, 10:54 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by firesyde424 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A toxic raid scene is, unfortunately, classic.
But that's not universally true. MANY servers had very amicable raid scene that was made possible by rotations. In fact the very idea of "competition" was antithetical to the spirit of the design of EverQuest. The reason EQ launched without any PVP servers, for example, was because the great McQuaid wanted an online MMO built around the spirit of COOPERATION OVER COMPETITION.

A toxic raid scene being "Classic" actually goes against everything the original designers of the game had envisioned.

If the raid scene on Green/Teal ends in a single guild monopolizing 95% of all mobs I for-see a population nosedive as more people reach max level.
Old 11-28-2019, 10:56 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatez [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The camp was empty and fully spawned when I arrived Thanksgiving morning.
As I posted you must name the exact person you'll be handing it off to, or else the person asking is next. You cannot hand off "to your guild" but to a specific person you name when asked.
Old 11-28-2019, 11:07 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamwiseRed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They allowed recharging on green? Lmao
Yup! It's the same-old horseshit, catering to the most hardcore (and often the most toxic) players.

It's also arguably non-Classic in spirit as VERY few people were recharging items. Certainly not entire hundred-person guilds. IIRC Verant considered recharging an exploit for awhile, before finally removing the ability to recharge items entirely, and could get your account a suspension.

The only argument I could possibly make in favor of item recharging is that at least it provides some sort of gold-sink to the server economy.
Old 11-28-2019, 11:13 PM
Banned

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uuruk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you should try farming some hair
https://wiki.project1999.com/Tattered_Toupee
https://wiki.project1999.com/Mane_Attraction (+10 CHA)
Old 11-28-2019, 11:15 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilien [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To anyone reading this far... If you want this camp, /petition and cause some drama.

Three rules apply:
If you're solo camping an item you must hand off the camp when you get your item

If you are asked who is next you must give a name immediately or else the asker is next

The named person must show up before the next placeholder arrives

http://wiki.project1999.com/Camp_Rules#General_Rules

Start lawer quest now.
Dude I love you! This is great!
Old 11-28-2019, 11:16 PM
Server GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When does weeks of one guild holding down a camp become zone disruption? Do gms even care/exist on green? Do gms even read this?
I don't see the difference in camping this & idol camp. They are not even lore, so someone could farm it for days on end.
Old 11-28-2019, 11:20 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by galach [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't see the difference in camping this & idol camp. They are not even lore, so someone could farm it for days on end.
Yes but if someone requests to be on the list, does the camp owner need to maintain that for when they leave? In this case it seems like the guy says, “Nah I’ll just pick a guildie who wants it at that time.”
Old 11-28-2019, 11:29 PM
Kobold

Green becoming Blue 2.0? No way. I didn't see this coming.
Old 11-28-2019, 11:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nisse [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
These guys are camping items to use in Everquest? Does Seal Teams depravity know no limits? Praying 4u
lold
Closed Thread