Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2020, 02:53 PM
Planar Protector

I want a weird non classic pvp server that's like 2 teams but the level 8 range like talon and vallon but the 1 item loot from RZ except it lets you loot no drop and nodrop flag doesn't exist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

No weapon slots though loot able.
Old 11-17-2020, 02:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I want a weird non classic pvp server that's like 2 teams but the level 8 range like talon and vallon but the 1 item loot from RZ except it lets you loot no drop and nodrop flag doesn't exist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

No weapon slots though loot able.
I agree, this could actually be fun.
Old 01-16-2021, 09:12 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can we pretty please get a real classic real RZ item loot old school just like it was -1-50- server that never goes past kunark. 2 years in classic, then drop kunark and walk away

imbalanced as ffffff and just crazy fast exp like 500% normal

only stop outright crazy beligerant hacks, dont fuck with guilds plz

that isn't going to get wiped like red will be pretty soon (that other guys server is always getting wiped, hackied, wierd, not EQ)

EQ isn't about droppin expacs and pwoer creeeps its about nostalgia and we need some real nostalgia right about now
Yes the world does need this. If only people would just get over the fear of pixel loss and embrace the thrill of risking something in pvp... But you need a population of PvErs to make a hardcore server work. That is actually what made Rallos great. Even though I hated anti pks at the time, they kept the whole thing populated and alive
Old 01-16-2021, 09:14 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just remembered the best P99 PVP idea which is a kunark only iksar only server.

All problems associated with weak ass healing, no rogues and no enchanters can be solved with more people.

And who cares about that anyways because its all about pvp in THE JUNGLE
Kunark only server would be awesome. Especially if it merged with a vanilla server after a year when Kunark gets “discovered”
Old 01-17-2021, 11:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My dream server would have a level 16 cap TBH.
Is that a ball park figure or specific for a reason?
Old 01-17-2021, 10:34 PM
Planar Protector

Ball park for sure.

You gotta weigh the spell sets of everyone against the level 20 and level 30 damage caps for the melees and what resist gear would be available.

It’s a silly idea the point being I have more fun at low levels.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 01-21-2021, 11:17 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddbaal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just need a new pvp server. Green drew in so many more people than before. The masses are ready

YES, TRUTH, FUCK, IT REALLY IS THIS SIMPLE BOYS
Old 01-21-2021, 01:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Ball park for sure.

You gotta weigh the spell sets of everyone against the level 20 and level 30 damage caps for the melees and what resist gear would be available.

It’s a silly idea the point being I have more fun at low levels.
It's a great idea, I was just wondering if you wanted to specifically nerf monks outta fd, rangers outta dual wield, etc.
Old 01-21-2021, 01:08 PM
Planar Protector

Those are all the considerations that need to be made, also possibly making them lower level abilities to help those guys out.

Just a slap shot guess, at low level I think casters have a significant advantage as melee really don't get much gear to combat spells.

At the same time, these limp casters are also easily rootable / snarable / blindable by any hybrid. Rogue Monk War struggles but everyone else does okay after level 9.

Maybe there is some kind of anti root / snare faster but not too fast time pumice that is melee only to help them out or something. Lots of considerations on a lowbie only server, also you can just make it and see how it works out.

Again just dreaming.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 01-21-2021, 02:34 PM
Planar Protector

Lvl 30 or 35.
Closed Thread