Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2021, 12:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Everyone wants a new server.

I don't know what anyone is talking about unmoderated chat? Global OOC is an abomination to everquest.

Some rules are fine.

If P99 team chose to make and remake pvp server until the best ruleset or timeline was determined it would be a lot of fun.

There are a lot of good options.
Global /ooc kinda makes the forums less active too. Same with YT.

Make people come on to forums to fight and brag and jolly it up.
Old 01-04-2021, 12:27 PM
Planar Protector

Global ooc sucks. Drug related banter or measuring contest all leading to minimal entertainment. You have auction on the forums you really don’t need that garbage.
Old 01-04-2021, 12:39 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

2 box pvp is the only way to keep a healthy pvp pop. Red99 is living proof.
Old 01-04-2021, 01:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassador [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Global ooc sucks. Drug related banter or measuring contest all leading to minimal entertainment. You have auction on the forums you really don’t need that garbage.
Yep.

Guys need to use forum for bragging, and getting banned for their shit poison posts.

Need to keep your dumb toon names in your signature or somewhere on your forum name so people even know what you're bragging about if you don't post a screen shot for context.

Don't tell me to disable OOC. Its possible but when noob level 1 guy logs on and sees global OOC he is going to read it and be tainted forever. It shouldn't exist. It isn't classic. It is dumb and I am the gabby gabbiest idiot on the planet. Fact is that it isn't how EQ is supposed to be and for correct immersion there should be no global poison channel.

I don't know about 2 boxing. I guess I prefer it to be not allowed because if it is allowed the only way for me to be a viable murderer is to run with at least 1 extra character trailing me, since 2 wizards or 2 clerics is better than 1 which means I am now playing a completely different game that is all about effectively managing two characters, rather than 1. That was one of the things I very much didn't enjoy about shards of dalaya. They allowed boxing there, so all I ever saw all around the world was a bunch of people running 2 characters, and since they were in their own little 2 character world I couldn't really interact with half the players or at least I could only interact with them HALF the time, since there was 1 dude jumping back and forth. It makes /tells and all in game communication kinda fucked up since the game is not meant to be played box. I just played Shards of Dalaya because I thought there was some hope of a PVP server but then I came over and focused efforts here when a glimmer of hope emerged.

I guess put me down as AGAINST boxing for those reasons. TBH the game doesn't need to be any easier and none of the BOXING servers have a healthy pop. Project 1999 blue and green is living proof that boxing isn't needed for a good game.
Lost but not forgotten.
Last edited by Gustoo; 01-04-2021 at 01:09 PM..
Old 01-04-2021, 01:15 PM
Sarnak

Any server that allowed RMT would be shut down so fast your head would spin. That has lawsuit written all over it.....
Old 01-04-2021, 02:11 PM
Planar Protector

Well we know that is just not even a slight possibility here.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 01-04-2021, 03:32 PM
Planar Protector

Ya if I had a little kid I wouldn't let them play red.

I'm used to it, and it doesn't really bother me, but sometimes I think I need to get away from the /ooc for personal mental health reasons. It's just crazytalk most of the time, and I do enough of that myself.

My goal is to foster a more supportive and friendly environment, not one were ppl can work stuff out, but one were respect, boundaries, and courtesy is applauded.

I would go to blue over the /ooc but there will always be someone somewhere who says mean stuff in /guild chat or w/e so whatever, red is the better server, /ooc isn't enough to chase me off. It is something that should be made classic though. In the spirit of the server and the project.

What do you do about ooc just filter it into a minimized window?
Old 01-04-2021, 03:40 PM
Planar Protector

I don't ignore it I engage with it. I think I kept it in its own window. It really doesn't bother me that much but it gives a free stage to people who shouldn't have a stage and so should not exist. To anyone who really loves being able to global OOC blast dumb stuff at people I am sorry it has to go but it isn't part of actual everquest just late game junk EMU boxes. Come to the forum and say stuff and get banned if you're unhinged.

I believe OOC was a window / tell / say / group / guild was a window.

And everything else in the main window where attack messages and stuff show up. I think I need to filter the attacks better so I can see more details of what is happening to me but I can't remember honestly its been a really long time.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 01-04-2021, 03:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't ignore it I engage with it. I think I kept it in its own window. It really doesn't bother me that much but it gives a free stage to people who shouldn't have a stage and so should not exist. To anyone who really loves being able to global OOC blast dumb stuff at people I am sorry it has to go but it isn't part of actual everquest just late game junk EMU boxes. Come to the forum and say stuff and get banned if you're unhinged.

I believe OOC was a window / tell / say / group / guild was a window.

And everything else in the main window where attack messages and stuff show up. I think I need to filter the attacks better so I can see more details of what is happening to me but I can't remember honestly its been a really long time.
OMg i hope u put me in my place a few times, I needed it. <3
Old 01-04-2021, 03:48 PM
Planar Protector

I didn't go into OOC and fight people but I didn't just turn it off either. At the very least I would always keep it open because it was a channel people used to ask for rez help and stuff and also to auction things. If it is enabled you basically have to use it IMO unless you don't mind missing out. I'm sure I never put you or anyone else in their place since when we're playing EQ we're all in the same place and to think otherwise is ridiculous. Norrath. We're in Norrath. Questing.

When it is disabled all those conversations go to the forums for auctions and help requests and so on and it is a more classic experience.
Lost but not forgotten.
Closed Thread