Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2021, 04:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
2 box pvp is the only way to keep a healthy pvp pop. Red99 is living proof.
this man spitting facts
Old 01-04-2021, 05:05 PM
Planar Protector

I dunno Tuna its not like the other pvp servers are doing any better.

Where we do see results is P99blue and green that are hands down highest pop emulated servers, neither allowing boxing.

Box quest is just a different game and I don't see it being needed here. Why do you want to box? For better solo quest? It doesn't really encourage a healthy pop except in doubling the number of characters logged in, even if there is only 1 player for ever 2 toons.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 01-04-2021, 05:26 PM
Planar Protector

People want to solo war 1-60 with their druid box /afk like they can with mage,necro,wiz,ench

its not really healthy because unless you box it screws clerics, wars (some), etc

its not that hard to solo a war/rogue but ppl got it deeeep in their smooth brains they cant and won't play two chars to camp items for one, most likely only ending up sucked into playing two chars and camping items for two

but on this server (pvp), everyone should have alts like i said - so as the situation demands it they can swap around.
Old 01-04-2021, 05:49 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah. It sucks. Warrior leveling is supposed to be hard and they are supposed to have nothing to do but lead excellent groups based on their warrior prowess and strength.

Clerics well can kinda solo but it sucks when everyone has a trashcan cleric sitting in a corner of their favorite dungeon.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 01-04-2021, 05:53 PM
Planar Protector

I don't like boxing, but I'd let players like Knuckle have it.

I know why ppl do it. And it's not super unclassic, but it is when 50 out of the 50 players all do it then never wind up doing anything but using alts they powerelvld thru boxing train u.

Boxing + training is like yikes mode. PPl should have to work a lot harder to make throw away toons.
Old 01-04-2021, 06:08 PM
Fire Giant

Not that anyone's realized it yet, but our 50 pop box is already an anarchy server; show's how well it's worked. Still excited to see a purple 99 that follows the classic timeline.
Old 01-04-2021, 06:30 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah I vote for giving Knuckle exclusive boxxing rights. No fake wife exemption just cool guy oath of honor not for RMT faring exemption.

Lets put it into the official server rules. No one can box except knuckle. Seems classic.

I agree though, if I was playing on LIVE I would guaranteed be paying 2x account fees so I could two box. Its just a no brainer and for my money / time ratio it makes a ton of sense. Boxing is a real tough call and I see what P99 just goes hard and fast on NO
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 01-04-2021, 07:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
2 box pvp is the only way to keep a healthy pvp pop. Red99 is living proof.
I'm not sure. I hate to sound arrogant. But sometimes I get concerned that because I like to keep to myself it may have dragged the server down. I remembered I gave some noobs 250pp and I was really chatting it up with one and I didn't respond back to the other, due to doing other things. I get concerned sometimes that might hurt peoples feelings and they leave.

Server was doing fine, then I had to keep to myself and it got destroyed. I know sounds arrogant.
Old 01-04-2021, 08:46 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah Alex I'm not gunna say the server took a nose dive exclusively cuz of your lack of playing but hey who knows!

We all agree to give knuckle a 2 box pass lets see if we can get authorities to allow it.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 01-04-2021, 08:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ret.SaxonAlex [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not sure. I hate to sound arrogant. But sometimes I get concerned that because I like to keep to myself it may have dragged the server down. I remembered I gave some noobs 250pp and I was really chatting it up with one and I didn't respond back to the other, due to doing other things. I get concerned sometimes that might hurt peoples feelings and they leave.

Server was doing fine, then I had to keep to myself and it got destroyed. I know sounds arrogant.
I know how that feels. It's not our job to keep the server thriving. Wish I could do more. But then I would burn out and try to compensate by biting into irl.

Trust me when people quit It's almost certainly not your fault. And it's just a game. People need to feel free to walk away.
Closed Thread