Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2011, 02:06 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alkorin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For someone who likes to tout his age as measure of his wisdom and/or the granting of respect, you have a very strange way of behaving on a game, Jamar.

It's just loot.
It's just loot, that's why your shitty guildies are trying to take it from the group. You are a dumb bastard, you fit right in.
Old 09-22-2011, 03:17 AM
Fire Giant

I want to try to explain the situation omg!!!!

First off some background being that the OP is old. And thus crotchety. Old people are known for this.

So with that and mind... From the perspective of the OP/Old Person:

1.) He thought a nice normal group would be fun, he'd make some exp, have a few laughs, enjoy him some KC.

2.) Once in the group was formed and things started moving along, someone suggested taking the normalcy of the group and shaking it up a bit with the addition of out of group DPS and some changes to the loot rules.

3.) The old person, disliking change of any kind, responded with "In my day we didn't do this silly DPSing outside of the group. We had to walk to our camps uphill and we held them with the proper 6 individuals in our group. And our group contained the perfect trinity of warriors and clerics and enchanters and there was no question of doing it any other way. That's how we always did it and that's how we are going to do this now!"

4.) The TMO members in the group, convinced that the OP had alzheimers or something and would quickly forget his complaints went ahead and told their friends to show up anyway, figuring the old guy would chillax once he realized the benefit he would receive from the TMO members DPSing outside the group!

5.) They did not account for the OP being of sound mind in addition to being crotchety and when the people showed up he raised hell, refused to accept any compromise, and left the group to come here and complain.

6.) The group went on without him only to have all of the TMO help need to abandon them anyway to go fight over pixels. EVERYONE LOSES.

The end.

While this does seem to be poking fun more at the OP, I to some degree sympathize with him. Most days I just want a normal exp group, I don't want people DPSing outside the group, I don't want random pullers "helping" out, I just want to play the game and relax. In a perfect situation the extra DPS and higher level monk pulling would probably equate to more EXP for me, but I have had enough of those types of situations go sour and/or just be utter fail, that I would personally rather not deal with any of it.

I probably wouldn't complain if most of the group was okay with it, and I would definitely not cry it up in RnF. It doesn't matter in the end all that much because it's just a game and whatever happens to my character isn't going to make me lose sleep at night. I'm just saying were the situation 100% my decision I'd rather not deal with the nonsense involved.

That said, the OP should have just left and went about his biz. This thread, while entertaining, really served no purpose beyond losing him credibility. Shit doesn't always go the way you want it to, but you always have the choice to move on and not let it get to you. *shrug*
Old 09-22-2011, 04:01 AM
Planar Protector

2 weeks raid suspension would be apropriate imo
Old 09-22-2011, 04:12 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jilena [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That said, the OP should have just left and went about his biz. This thread, while entertaining, really served no purpose beyond losing him credibility. Shit doesn't always go the way you want it to, but you always have the choice to move on and not let it get to you. *shrug*
who are you or anyone else in pickup groups to decide new rules over an important drop.

if you wana decide/change rules, start a guild only group period
Old 09-22-2011, 04:22 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
who are you or anyone else in pickup groups to decide new rules over an important drop.

I am someone who doesn't give a flying fuck about any drop in Everquest. My point was that *I* would have left as *he* had already left, I simply wouldn't have made a QQ post about it and I don't think he should have either even though it did provide some entertainment. I am not sure where you missed that or felt that I was saying "FUCK YOU OP YOU WILL JUST GIVE UP THE LOOT YOU DON'T REALLY NEED AND LIKE IT BECAUSE TMO IS A GUILD FULL OF THE NICEST PEOPLE ON THE SERVER AND THEY DESERVE EVERYTHING BECAUSE THEY ARE SO NICE AND ALWAYS HAVE THE BEST INTEREST OF THE WHOLE SERVER IN THEIR HEARTS EVEN WHEN THEIR ACTIONS SAY OTHERWISE"
Old 09-22-2011, 04:35 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by jilena [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am someone who doesn't give a flying fuck about any drop in Everquest. My point was that *I* would have left as *he* had already left, I simply wouldn't have made a QQ post about it and I don't think he should have either even though it did provide some entertainment. I am not sure where you missed that or felt that I was saying "FUCK YOU OP YOU WILL JUST GIVE UP THE LOOT YOU DON'T REALLY NEED AND LIKE IT BECAUSE TMO IS A GUILD FULL OF THE NICEST PEOPLE ON THE SERVER AND THEY DESERVE EVERYTHING BECAUSE THEY ARE SO NICE AND ALWAYS HAVE THE BEST INTEREST OF THE WHOLE SERVER IN THEIR HEARTS EVEN WHEN THEIR ACTIONS SAY OTHERWISE"
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-22-2011, 05:25 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Well, if it's a pick up group all of them have a say?

Shrug, I dunno, I just find a replacement and leave if lewtz rulez change and I don't agree with them and I just absolutely cannot stand for it.

If the group can live without me, good for them. If not, oh well, hope they have a rep if I can't find one in a reasonable amount of time. I don't drama whore it out.
Old 09-22-2011, 05:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrisard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, if it's a pick up group all of them have a say?

Shrug, I dunno, I just find a replacement and leave if lewtz rulez change and I don't agree with them and I just absolutely cannot stand for it.

If the group can live without me, good for them. If not, oh well, hope they have a rep if I can't find one in a reasonable amount of time. I don't drama whore it out.
maybe, just maybe that guy wanted that drop too and didnt care about the exp/help first place.

just because a guild is capable to get keys completed doesnt imply to have a right on a camp for the other keycomponents, even if they help out with other guildies on exp. this cowboy behavior, shoot first ask later, might work on red but not on blue99
Old 09-22-2011, 05:56 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
maybe, just maybe that guy wanted that drop too and didnt care about the exp/help first place.

just because a guild is capable to get keys completed doesnt imply to have a right on a camp for the other keycomponents, even if they help out with other guildies on exp. this cowboy behavior, shoot first ask later, might work on red but not on blue99
I'm not implying anything you're going on about with regards to having a right to a camp, so I really don't know what you're talking about there.

The point is, if he didn't like it and he was the oddman out and the group didn't need him, well, thems the breaks really. He can either stay and deal with it or leave.

I know, because I've been in that exact situation myself. Some groups I agree with the loot rules and all is well, some I don't and I stay anyways, some I don't agree and leave.

I wouldn't expect the majority of the group to do what I wanted simply because I wanted it if I was the oddman out. And certainly I never came running to the forums crying over it the many times that has happened to me.
Old 09-22-2011, 06:31 AM
Banned

I shed a tear in sympathy for the OP... oh the injustice. Find another group maybe instead of the Tourette's outburst?
Closed Thread