Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2014, 01:13 AM
Orc

addiction is rough
Old 11-29-2014, 01:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by sox7d [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
280 necessary testers and many times more than are usually on the beta server. Sorry you can't play your free video game for 2 days.
maybe you and the other 280 people should of been testing beta server this entire time instead of it coming down to mommy locking you out of the server. Fool, ruin it for the rest of us.
Old 11-29-2014, 01:18 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennewi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So salty.
You should be beta testing. feel free to let me know next time you need help with an epic mob bro
Old 11-29-2014, 01:22 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginalQin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You should be beta testing. feel free to let me know next time you need help with an epic mob bro
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=14706
Old 11-29-2014, 01:26 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginalQin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah the whole "sorry you can't play your free game" response probably makes you feel super smug but the reality is that I donate and many of us do, and many would gladly pay a monthly fee if it were legal. Go away with that stupid argument. This server would be absolutely nothing if it weren't for the few thousand of us who are here to play it. What good is a dead server? They could have found more creative and effective ways to encourage beta testing, but Sirken admitted that the only two options he could think of were to just let beta hang out there, or to "force" it.
Don't worry, I think rog is gonna add an extra 2 days to your subscription time.
Old 11-29-2014, 01:38 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Yeah the whole "sorry you can't play your free game" response probably makes you feel super smug but the reality is that I donate and many of us do, and many would gladly pay a monthly fee if it were legal. Go away with that stupid argument. This server would be absolutely nothing if it weren't for the few thousand of us who are here to play it. What good is a dead server? They could have found more creative and effective ways to encourage beta testing, but Sirken admitted that the only two options he could think of were to just let beta hang out there, or to "force" it.
What are these more creative and effective ways, enlightened one?

Regardless of whether or not you or I donated (key word there) 5 bucks at some point in the last 2 years, none of these guys are making a living off of this server. And it certainly doesn't cover anywhere near the value you are receiving; a server with 99% up-time, thorough dev support, and practically full-time CSR staffing.

If you don't want to participate in the testing, then get your fat ass out of your chair for a weekend to go spend time with your neglected family or apply for a job at McDonalds or something.

The reasons people find to complain never cease to amaze me.
Old 11-29-2014, 03:23 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennewi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it's a meal!
Old 11-29-2014, 03:44 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portasaurus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it's a meal!
but not IRL
Old 11-29-2014, 09:34 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Only 280 people logged into the beta server now, where that number would normally be 1200 on blue. Smashing success, if the goal was to get people to do other stuff besides play EQ.
Intent being to increase beta testing, I would call it a rousing success.
Old 11-30-2014, 04:59 PM
Aviak

You guys make me laugh. Yes sirken is a volunteer, but some people do make a living off this server. Over a 1000 people visiting these webpages and if you ever noticed the ads, its a lot more money than required to keep a server running. I really don't care about the fact that a select few this is their job, more props to them.

I do find it annoying that they are doing this forced beta. Especially seeing as many of us have spent 2+ days since beta came online testing for them. Being on beta server I know A-team isn't the only guild that's been playing there and testing, not to mention all the bugs that weren't fixed going into this test, why bother doing it now when they cant keep up with the current issues?
Closed Thread