Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2014, 08:50 PM
Sarnak

Jimmy, and we will call you Jimmy, as your for certain you are rustled.

Jimmy, if you had a random benefactor, the staff can see what occurred. Down to the food you eat, and when you click /gems.
So hit up the petition forum and see what happens.

The Deru, the Enom, and the Sirk will sort you out if it merits love.
If they think for a moment you RMT.... done, and will be sacrificed to the Rogean's gas pedal in his car he drives way to fucking fast.

Just FYI... they give zero shits if you are a butt head RMT, if you are honest, they will fix you up.
If not, dust in the pixel wind......... blows............ sparkles....... *******************
Oh you are gone.
Old 12-01-2014, 08:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raelador [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Same thing happened to me. GMs aren't going to believe you and people on the forum refuse to believe that someone would give away 56K (my amount). I e-mailed and spoke to a RMT'er before about this, and they said it was a common tactic to unload some plat like that to throw off the transactions, but doesn't always work as you can tell.

BTW you guys' reasoning that he hadn't bought anything yet for 3 days being a sign of guilt confuse me. Not everyone plays every day.

And don't you guys think he probably posted on the petition forum first?
Guy handed me a cool million in cash the other day. Now the cops won't believe I had nothing to do with the bank robbery. There is no justice man!
Old 12-01-2014, 09:16 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raelador [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I e-mailed and spoke to a RMT'er before about this, and they said it was a common tactic to unload some plat like that to throw off the transactions, but doesn't always work as you can tell.
That doesn't make ANY sense whatsoever. How is unloading large amounts of plat on random people making their transaction history look any less suspicious?

Quote:
And don't you guys think he probably posted on the petition forum first?
Yes, and the GMs either ignored him or gave him an answer he didn't want to accept, which is why he's making a last-ditch effort to try to appeal to the general public and praying to find a way to squirm out of the hole he dug himself.

Even in the very unlikely (almost impossible) scenario that someone hands you a bunch of plat at random, you are still an idiot for accepting it without asking any questions.
Old 12-01-2014, 09:25 PM
Sarnak

When I started playing on this server I remember wondering if something like this could happen. I mean, I'll make a pit stop in FoB to hand out 30p for spells to random necromancers. But I get the feeling it isn't common practice to hand out 10k to random mules at your local bank.

The thing I really don't get though, is if these kinds of "problems" can't be resolved with petitions...what are we, the members of a public forum for a game we don't even pay for, supposed to do about it?

Then I remember that I read these forums for entertainment and I feel a lot better.
Old 12-01-2014, 09:26 PM
Kobold

Haha by 'given plat' dude scammed it offering to trade red for blue. No RMT was involved. Whats funny is he got his account banned over 10k and then tried to run to the boards and throw himself at the mercy of the community like it would do anything. I wish his story would have included more details like the '2 brothers afk boxing' guy or any of the other dumbfucks that get caught being dumbfucks.
Old 12-01-2014, 09:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by polishanarchy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When I started playing on this server I remember wondering if something like this could happen. I mean, I'll make a pit stop in FoB to hand out 30p for spells to random necromancers. But I get the feeling it isn't common practice to hand out 10k to random mules at your local bank.
It's not unheard of: once I actually had a really awesome player that I had just met give me a 22k item. The thing is though, Derubael and Sirken have a ton of information at their disposal, so they can tell an actual player who happens to be generous from an RMTer pretty easily. Anyone claiming that they were a "victim of generosity" is full of crap, because if that were really the case the GMs would know (or, worst case scenario, the GMs would make a mistake and then fix it in response to a legitimate petition).
Old 12-01-2014, 11:12 PM
Planar Protector

I've probably given away 100k or so of stuff over the years; I always try to make sure it's new players who get it, but it's never a lump sum cash payment of several k. Usually it's just 1k at a time or some items worth a few k, and I always make a game of it, the first noob to jump off the spires, etc.

Nobody honest gives away 10K+ without making some kind of post about it on the forums and making a public spectacle of it. At least that's what I've seen in my time here.
Old 12-01-2014, 11:21 PM
Orc

Wasn't pleading a story, its a level 10 character and can easily be made again, no worries on that.

And no, it wasn't an RMT - hence the post. I know the GM's wont unban the account because of what it looks like - a level 1 mule given a ton of plat, then logging off. I'm not dumb and I know the project99 staff isnt either.

What does my post history have anything to do with anything?

This thread wasn't a plead for the account to be reopen. Just looking to see if anyone else has heard of this happening, and it sounds like it has.

But I agree with most of you, sounds far fetched right? I'm still playing the game and not really worried about lost plat that wasn't even mine to begin with.
Old 12-02-2014, 12:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarbone [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What does my post history have anything to do with anything?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarbone [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

10-29-2014, 07:38 PM
Helllllllllllllllllo, Finally decided to give this game a go...

11-25-2014, 03:34 PM (a month later)
Buying most decent monk gear, have about 10k...

12-01-2014, 11:30 AM (6 days later)
Few days ago last week I was given a large amount of plat...banned...
Quote:
Only character on the account that I played was a low level monk...
Last edited by Tann; 12-02-2014 at 12:34 AM..
Old 12-02-2014, 12:38 AM
Sarnak

So, while i dont believe this guy at all... tons of people give away all their plat when they quit. Have had a couple friends do this over the years.. altho they did it in ec and just shouted out im giving away my stuff.
Closed Thread