Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2014, 02:43 PM
Sarnak

Default Help my trio plan

I'm back from a pretty lengthy absence, this time with a couple of RL friends I plan on leveling an alt with. One wants to be an enchanter, the other hasn't decided, and I'll pick something suitable to round out the trio. My friends have never played EQ before, so they're not going to be overwhelmed by the remarkable nostalgia that draws me to p1999. I'm worried they'll be unimpressed by the graphics and rather harsh penalties for sloppy gameplay. They won't make it to 50+ if I can't get them hooked on the game, so I haven't bothered to scare them off from any class other than wizard.

What I'd really like to do is primarily level in dungeons as a trio. Ideally we'd get to experience a bit of a dungeon crawl, then camp a room for valuable item drops. I know options for this are limited early on, but SolA comes to mind. I don't really have enough play time to wait for camps to open up, but I know a lot of places are just sort of empty most of the time. So here's my question:

What dungeons and item camps within those dungeons would you hit through the early and mid game with a well-rounded trio (enchanter + priest of some kind + either another cast or tank)? Particularly those that are rarely camped.
Old 12-03-2014, 02:47 PM
Aviak

I always liked hitting Dalnir's Crypt. There's not a TON of loot, but if you're lucky you can snag a baton or something. It's also one of the more interesting dungeon designs for the mid-level range imo.
Old 12-03-2014, 02:49 PM
Kobold

Do chanter chanter cleric. The second chanter could easily be replaced by a different pet class.
Old 12-03-2014, 02:57 PM
Orc

SK, cleric, enchanter. SK keeps aggro well and can peal a charmed mob off the chanter to get it re-charmed and snare in dungeons is huge to keep mobs from running (root works too i guess but less reliable w/ breaks)
Old 12-03-2014, 04:21 PM
Orc

I really doubt that an SK can pull agro off an enchanter after a charm break. Only with a successful taunt could you really hope to do that, and with low levels it is very unlikely that it will work.

If you want a god mode comp I would suggest Enchanter Enchanter Cleric, or a more defensive Enchanter Shaman Cleric. With this trio you will easy stomp on everything in your path and breaking camps will be a joke.
Old 12-03-2014, 04:37 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grombar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
SK
If you have an enchanter and are doing a lot of charming/mezzing, SK will be a bad choice because of dots.

If you want a tank to help with sticky situations, go with a paladin for superior damage-free snap aggro.

For the "strongest" trio possible, I'd go with Enc/Cler/Dru. Go to zones where the druid has animals to charm also and you will dominate. The druid will also prevent your friends from getting frustrated with the slowness of travel.

Technically Enc/Enc/Cler or Enc/Mag/Cler would be stronger for late-game farming, but would be a little slower to get off the ground.
Old 12-03-2014, 04:42 PM
Orc

Quote:
Wenuven Pinewolf - 60 Wood Elf Druid
You sound bias, Sir. Haha
Old 12-03-2014, 04:42 PM
Planar Protector

Can't say it's good for gear, but the loot and exp in Runnyeye is great from 20-30 on the second floor. Easy to pull down to 3rd floor where everything is green and doesn't add too. Lots of mobs to pull too with low hp.

You have the right idea for Sol A, great loot, but a little harder than Runnyeye with the see invis.

Can't beat the exp in Unrest basement, which from what I've seen is surprisingly rarely camped. Just be sure to push the Hags.

As far as dungeons with camps go, the guks are a lot of fun to crawl.
Old 12-03-2014, 04:47 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woe1988 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I really doubt that an SK can pull agro off an enchanter after a charm break. Only with a successful taunt could you really hope to do that, and with low levels it is very unlikely that it will work.
actually not sure thats how it works here, although i think it did in classic

seems like charm break used to mean massive aggro, here you can pretty much pull off a chanter with a lvl 4 stun

as for the team, i think monk/sham/chanter is the golden combo, and i think is less work than double chanter (plus a malo in there for charms)

pally instead of monk might be fun too, but then you get hit on xp a little

but youd get the pull off chanter charm break that you wouldnt with monk, plus some other useful cleric spells
Old 12-03-2014, 05:02 PM
Orc

I doubt disease cloud is going to pull it off an Enchanter. Someone try it.
Closed Thread