Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > PvP Bugs

Old 12-07-2014, 12:20 AM
Sarnak

resist seem broke in PvE as well, got ghoul rooted at max MR on a bard + rooted by green con mobs in HS
Old 12-07-2014, 12:37 AM
Banned

the debuff buff isnt why the spells are landing so easy its the high level spell bonus to land check

hence why I can't "root" you but can "fetter" that needs to go badly
Old 12-07-2014, 12:46 AM
Banned

unless he changed it, alecta's code was a scaling threshold based on spell level

for instance, i think he said it was like..

85 MR made you immune to low-level roots like Root

105 MR made you immune to mid-level roots like Paralyzing Earth

125 MR made you immune to high-level roots like Fetter
Old 12-07-2014, 04:43 AM
Planar Protector

Yeah etheir way if it isn't the debuff, it should only be a 50% increase of the initial spell - resist counts. From playing a lot so far and in my encounters in pvp, Fire, Cold, and Poison spells such as Bane, Sunstrike, Wildfire, Etc seem on par, I have about 120 FR and am resisting Wildfire and Sunstrike Fully/Partialing at reasonable amounts. I am rocking about 160 MR Fully resist geared and am getting owned simply by etheir being tashed or malo'd due to the ridiculous bonus.
My questions though as of right now are A) Are the magic spells themselves such as Blind, Root, Etc Broken Resist wise to as they are landing and not supposed to? Going to test and see if without Tash/Malo they are still landing on me with my current MR. and B) Is the current MR showing when im being tash'd/malo'd ?
Overall I think that if you are Tash'd or Malo'd and you have a high amount of MR you should be prone to having an OCCASIONAL CC spell land on you, but it shouldn't be like the way it is now where its probable its going to land, you know what I mean? Without Tash it should be impossible, that's how I remember it.
Last edited by Ragnaros; 12-07-2014 at 04:47 AM..
Old 12-07-2014, 05:34 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Blind is a funny one, on live classic era you would legit resist blind 50% of the time or greater at starting 25mr in pvp. Anyone who spent time in a newbie nektulos or freeport knows this. On rallos lowbies would try to chain blind other lowbies to keep them from bagging their gear, and it basically never worked without the person being tashed into like negative mr. Even when it did land in those situations the duration tended to be pretty short

Basically blind should never land in pvp on geared players, even after a tash/malo(maybe after landing both.

Root/Snare landed significantly easier on live then Blind, but still barely ever stuck. The most common form of CC that actually landed on line by far were Snare/Ensnare/Darkness. I think I went a fulll 12 months on live pvp'ing 5 days a week and never had a root land on me at about 150mr, but once every blue moon a ensnare or darkness would stick.

Basically Blind should never land on anyone but the most debuffed and naked of players.

Root should land sometimes on lesser geared or debuffed players, Stuns/knockback spells mostly fell into this catagory too. Never on well geared ones.

Snare/Darkness should land rarely(but not never) on well geared players, and often on weakly geared/debuffed players. This is probably where the color slant line fell also.

After that is where the Shock of lightening range tended to be, harder to resist then snares, but it was not a lure or something, it just stuck more often then not.
Old 12-09-2014, 01:29 AM
Planar Protector

Update, Had GMR and was at about 200+ MR...Kecleon tash'd me and got me to 160 MR...I was then Root locked for 20 seconds and wasted 2 pumice..please fix
Old 12-09-2014, 02:46 AM
Banned

There's a client side bug where it doesn't show your actual MR when you are debuffed, you were most likely much lower than what your UI showed
Old 12-09-2014, 04:03 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's a client side bug where it doesn't show your actual MR when you are debuffed, you were most likely much lower than what your UI showed
Regardless if I have Group resist magic and about 160 MR unbuffed 1 tash with over 200 mr should not allow me to get root spammed lol not classic at all
Edit: If im focusing my gear on MR and sacrificing everything else and solely stacking it, even with tash I should be pretty immune, occasional roots is possible but being 7/7 rooted is insane
Old 12-09-2014, 10:48 AM
Planar Protector

with 200 current setting would bring you down to around 118, which should be enough to still be immune to roots, there's something shady going on in the matrix dawgs, why deese roots landin?
Videos
Wipe it clean.
Old 12-09-2014, 11:24 AM
Kobold

I think all spells should be useful to some degree.
It should be very hard to land a blind on someone with high mr ofc but i hate
what servers usually do in this case.
They make the spell complete crap and useless.
They make it so that you cant blind a nakkid unbufft player sitting at 25 base magic resists.

Just make blind and spells like that 100% resists at 100 mr but also add duration resist check?
So that if you get blinded but you have, around 70ish mr.
Blind should only last 1 tick max or something like that.

Any ideas?
Can this be done?