Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2014, 03:13 AM
Sarnak

Default Taskmaster Abyott in Great Divide

Description:
Taskmaster Abyott / Thurg Guards not engaging each other.

Relevant NPCs:
Taskmaster Abyott
Thurgadin Guards

Steps to reproduce bug:
Pull guards to Taskmaster or can pull him to Thurg then FD.

Expected behavior:
As Taskmaster is meant to be on giant faction, himself and the guards should engage each other when they in range.

Evidence/Research:

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/z...99658910032159

Taskmaster Abyott
#Jul 31 2001 at 9:18 AMRating: Excellent
Anonymous
Anonymous
The Taskmaster Aboytt is a level 62 giant that spawns behind the right mountain facing out from the Thurgadin waterfall. There are two ways that you can pull him and take him down. Basically you will need @ 3 Level 55+ groups or better to take him down. He has around 100000 hit points (I havent calculated it exactly but it's a LONG fight).

Option 1: Get all three groups to where he spawns and then get all buffed up just outside his aggro range. Spread out the melee around him during the fight to spread out the damage dealt. He ONLY hits for 260 per hit which is low for his level. Depending on what lvl clerics you have helping it is possible to stun him and keep him from gating (if pulling to different fight spot). Basically it's a straight up melee fight that will last between 8- 12 minutes. He drops the Edge of the Taskmaster every time and some other spells and whatnot.

Option 2: If you are low on group tanks and need to have a shorter fight the other method is to get a lvl 50 ish bard to attempt to charm the taskmaster to aggro him. He will not summon the bard but will chase him. Have the bard keep the TA in range and then pull him to the right guard tower (tower guards) near the waterfall. TA will fight the tower guards for about 3 minutes At that time TA will reagrro on the bard. The bard should then stand at the other tower to have the TA aggro them as well. (NOTE: Captain Stonefist (Level 60) is in the tower on the left) CS will take TA down about 30-40% of his health. When all of the guards have been waxed by TA he will have @ 30% health left. Then will attempt to reaggro the bard. At this time the battle will start and you can take him down from there if you have enough tankage. Even at 30% health he stil has around 30k hp left.

All bets are off if he CH's you will then need to regroup, buff and drag him again to the tower guards (they have quick respawn rate) and try him again.

Hope this helps,

Regards,
Old 10-05-2014, 12:47 PM
Project Manager

It appears he was originally on giant faction, then changed to be indifferent. On his allakhazam page, it states "Note: The tower guards will NOT aggro him."

Anyone know if this change happened in 2001 or later? If later, I will simply add giant faction.
Old 10-05-2014, 01:41 PM
Fire Giant

Apr 19 2003 at 5:09 AMRating: Decent
Kaelye
86 posts
Conned indiff.
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=6993

Yizelin , le 2002-01-26 01:37:40
just kinda sits there, indiff to me (under Dorf faction if u wonder).
http://eq.jeuxonline.info/guides/bes...one=8&mob=4626

I think that points to around Luclin/2002 he was changed to indifferent. But I can't couldn't find anything between the OP post and my 2002 to post to see that it was changed between those points.
Old 10-07-2014, 10:10 AM
Project Manager

Pending update,

Taskmaster Abyott is on giant faction.
Old 10-07-2014, 04:43 PM
Sarnak

sweet as, ill give it a jam once it gets patched.
Closed Thread