Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2015, 11:40 AM
Orc

Default 20-30 Druid Leveling Strategy

Good day fellow druids of Projecrt 1999. I have found grouping at the Giant Fort in Warslik Woods or Castle Mistmoore to be the fastest way of gaining xp but for those times when a group is difficult to find you might want to consider this strategy as it seems to work very well.
The Tesch Mas Gnolls at the spires outside of the Infected Paw in South Karana drop a Tanned Split Paw Skin that looks like a small scroll, because these items are lore and are faction based they frequently rot on the corpses of the gnolls other players kill.To take advantage of this, follow the following steps.
1. Bind yourself at the Qeynos bank.
2. Port to North Karana.
3. Run to the Infected Paw in South Karana using Spirit of the Cheetah to improve
your time to xp ratio.
4.If possible loot Tanned Split Paw Skins from corpses. This requires that the spires be
camped which they normally are. (2 is plenty and possibly all that is available as I
believe the others 2 must be identified.)
5.Gate to the Qeynos Bank and turn in 1 at a time to the NPC directly across from the
Office of the People just outside of the bank. The rewards for the turn in suck but
the xp is substantial.
6. Rinse and Repeat.

If you happen upon this method while someone is camping the Tesch Mas Gnolls for a couple of hours you will easily gain a level or two. Happy hunting and as Undercon1 would say, "Enjoy the Experience."
Old 01-06-2015, 11:51 AM
Kobold

I soloed gargs in OoT till they turned green, then i killed a gnome in steamfont i think his name was tinderhue to 29
Old 01-06-2015, 12:23 PM
Planar Protector

Try charming animals, it'll probably be faster and more reliable than cheesy quest spamming, and increase your skill as a player.
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Old 01-06-2015, 04:33 PM
Orc

Default Thanks for the Advice

But there is a reason why crushbone belts, lego pads, orc scalps, ect., ect. have a valued place in our server economy. With all due respect I think I will stick to the quest spamming whenever possible. But for those whom it is well suited, enjoy the grind.
Old 01-06-2015, 07:06 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Try charming animals, it'll probably be faster and more reliable than cheesy quest spamming, and increase your skill as a player.
This. EK Gorge Hounds til 24, Mammoths til 32. Can get a couple levels a day this way.

Not sure how fast your method is exactly, since you didn't include any numbers or data whatsoever. I'm guessing it's not very good since you also state that grouping in WW and MM is the "fastest," which it most certainly isn't.
Last edited by Wenuven; 01-06-2015 at 07:08 PM..
Old 01-06-2015, 07:08 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by robisatsea [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But there is a reason why crushbone belts, lego pads, orc scalps, ect., ect. have a valued place in our server economy. With all due respect I think I will stick to the quest spamming whenever possible. But for those whom it is well suited, enjoy the grind.
Is there anyway to interpret this other than "I hate playing this game, I just want to be better than other characters?"
Old 01-06-2015, 07:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by sox7d [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is there anyway to interpret this other than "I hate playing this game, I just want to be better than other characters?"
Dude, it's a game. Just because you play the game one way doesn't mean everyone else has to. Hell, even if the OP wanted to get from 1 to 60 entirely using quests ("pacifist style") who cares? That's how they want to play.

If you think charming is faster then sure, go ahead and say as much, but just because someone else's playstyle is different (or even *gasp* "inferior") that doesn't mean you need to attack them for it.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 01-06-2015, 07:44 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dude, it's a game. Just because you play the game one way doesn't mean everyone else has to. Hell, even if the OP wanted to get from 1 to 60 entirely using quests ("pacifist style") who cares? That's how they want to play.

If you think charming is faster then sure, go ahead and say as much, but just because someone else's playstyle is different (or even *gasp* "inferior") that doesn't mean you need to attack them for it.
I hope one day "it's just a game" is no longer a high-horse trump card. I'm just frustrated with how even Classic Everquest has gradually turned into every other "race to the finish alone" MMORPG. Everyone has different reasons for playing this server, but I think a lot of what people liked here was the interaction, be it through EC, grouping, raiding or sharing knowledge/advice. The attitude that made classic EQ worth playing has been visibly dying out in the last few years. If this is the last bastion of communal MMORPGs, where the hell do I go now? That's why I get defensive over this shit.

inb4 go outside neckbeard
Old 01-06-2015, 08:08 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by sox7d [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
inb4 go outside neckbeard
Maybe he just rolled a druid specifically to quadkite with it because of nostalgia for his old main on Live, and he wants to hit 29 and start quadding ASAP?

Also, a dude.
Old 01-06-2015, 08:52 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you can quad splitpaw spires and learn your class a lot better than broken animal charming.

OPs quest is the best method for mid level range. I thought it was 30-40 and not 20-30, but I forget.

OPs quest gives like 40% per gate btw.
Last edited by Tankdan; 01-06-2015 at 08:55 PM..
Closed Thread