Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2020, 07:07 AM
Large Rat

Default A premium tour of Mistmoore Castle

I'm not one for drama but I felt I had to share this experience.

So I'm in a CE group in Mistmoore, most have had enough and we decide to head off and do our own things. As I'm leaving Tuvvani, a person in our group, tells me to wait. They explain that their main is camped in the zone, and wanted to give me a tour claiming to know the zone very well, etc. I accept this offer, I have nothing better to do and it would be cool to see more of MM.

They camp out, log in as their main "Nimbuz", a 50 mage. I'm told to keep the heals up on his pet as he leads me on a pretty hectic tour of the zone, often running off way ahead of me or afk'ing to get another beer while I barely manage to root pops long enough to keep myself alive.

I explain that I'm OOM, really need to med but the tour keeps on going, eventually we get split up..again. This time I'm really lost, I'm somewhere behind a painting, Nimbuz is in the "gypsy room" wherever that may be. After lots of fumbling I find my way back out of the invisible wall/painting and head to where I think Nimbuz has gone, I open a door and behind it are a lot of mobs, I suppose they popped after he ran by.

At this point I'm sure I'm dead, they all turn to me and attack, I pop divine aura and just hope Nimbuz will make it to me before it drops, he does. However I was still OOM, having not had two seconds to med, his pet is dying, there are lots of mobs, I see him write "oof" in the chat, and then vanish. As I'm getting beat down by god-knows how many mobs, I manage to get a gate off as I'm about to die. Guess who I see at the ZL for a nanosecond before he vanishes? Nimbuz...camping out.

...Perhaps not the most comfortable tour, it was cool to see more of MM castle, but I would have preferred if my tour guide would at least stick around to make sure I made it out alive. He's actually not logged back in since on his alt nor his main, so I suppose from his point of view I died in there and he logged to leave me to a nasty CR deep inside MM castle. Can't always trust the 50's I suppose.

Some chat highlights.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

:shrug:
Old 05-24-2020, 07:55 AM
Planar Protector

That's the risk you take when exploring dangerous zones. That sounded like a fun adventure to me!

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 05-24-2020, 08:25 AM
Aviak

Why the fk is this in rants and flames
Old 05-24-2020, 08:26 AM
Kobold

Seems like some teenager trying to show how good he is to the other preteens so he hang out with them because the kids his age wont fucking touch him.
Old 05-24-2020, 08:26 AM
Large Rat

Rules say no name and shame outside of rants & flames :shrug:
Old 05-24-2020, 11:01 AM
Planar Protector

Nimbuz seems like a dick
Old 05-24-2020, 11:06 AM
Kobold

How will you ever recover from this terrible experience??
Old 05-24-2020, 11:24 AM
Banned

oof
Old 05-24-2020, 12:07 PM
Aviak

I've been on two of Nimbuz' wild Mistmoore rides....and it's definitely dangerous and definitely fun haha. He hooked up my warrior buddy with a werewolf talon ages ago, and recently ran us through the whole zone and rolled on all the rare drops, totally fair, totally fun. +1 to Nimbuz
Old 05-24-2020, 12:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've been on two of Nimbuz' wild Mistmoore rides....and it's definitely dangerous and definitely fun haha. He hooked up my warrior buddy with a werewolf talon ages ago, and recently ran us through the whole zone and rolled on all the rare drops, totally fair, totally fun. +1 to Nimbuz
Until he gates out and leaves you there to die with a brutal CR where you have to beg other high levels to help get your corpse out.

OP I would honestly put this in the petitions forum and see if they would take any action. Leaving you there to die on purpose with your corpse stranded deep in MM certainly sounds like something the staff might consider a suspension or warning for.
Closed Thread